• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

May 9, 2013 3 Night Bahamian on Dream

Hi All! Anyone that would like to take part in the Fish Extender, please send your room number and the ages, names of the people that will be taking part. I will keep track and update the list. We (DW Barb 58, myself Chris 45, Grandaughter Molly 8, Grandaughter Josie 9 and Grandaughter Elenore 9) are in room 8510. Any questions let me know.

Chris

Thanks Chris! We're so looking forward to our first cruise and participating in such a fun event. I tried sending you a message but apparently I'm not allowed to because I'm not a 10 or something??? Anyway...

Statesroom 6526
Courtney, 29
Matthew, 30
Jordan (girl), will turn 3 on May 10th!

Thanks again for organizing

Thank you Chris for organizing the FE group! We are so excited to participate! Here is our information:

Room 9580
Leslie (me) (34)
Chris (Husband) (43)
Emily (Daughter) (2) 2nd b-day on 5/12/13 :)
Nancy (my mom) (67)
Dale (my dad) (67)

Room 6526
Courtney 29
Matthew 30
Jordan 3 (5.10.13) :bday:

Room 8510
Barb 58
Chris 45
Josie 9
Ellie 9
Molly 8

Room 9580
Leslie 34
Chris 43
Emily 2 (5.12.13) :bday:
Nancy 67
Dale 67

We are in 6514

Me (turning 40 on 5-10-13! :faint: )
Oliver (4)
Nana or Carole (oh she'd kill me if I said how old...let's say she gets a senior discount ;) )

Thanks Chris! We're so looking forward to our first cruise and participating in such a fun event. I tried sending you a message but apparently I'm not allowed to because I'm not a 10 or something??? Anyway...

Statesroom 6526
Courtney, 29
Matthew, 30
Jordan (girl), will turn 3 on May 10th!

Thanks again for organizing

Jordan's birthday ROCKS :cool1: It's a great day hehe

Room 6514
Stephanie 40 (5.10.13) :bday::drinking1
Oliver 4
Nana Carol

Room 6526
Courtney 29
Matthew 30

Room 8510
Barb 58
Chris 45
Josie 9
Ellie 9
Molly 8

Room 9580
Leslie 34
Chris 43
Nancy 67
Dale 67

Thanks Chris this is great of you to do. I have already started on my fe gifts, so excited.
Room- 9174
Shawn- 36yrs
Crystal 35yrs
Christian 9 yrs
Ava 6 yrs

Hi Everyone,

If you have Facebook there is a group called Fish Extender Disney Cruise you can join to see great ideas. I have posted one of my gifts, that I just finished. This site has awesome ideas and pictures of gifts.

chigbe said:
Hi Everyone,

If you have Facebook there is a group called Fish Extender Disney Cruise you can join to see great ideas. I have posted one of my gifts, that I just finished. This site has awesome ideas and pictures of gifts.

Thanks Crystal! I checked out the Facebook group and there are lots of good ideas. :)

Hi Everyone,

yup, I've been on there and LOVE the ideas! I've been quite the slacker lately though when it comes to following anything!

Room 6514
Stephanie 40 (5.10.13) :bday::drinking1
Oliver 4
Nana Carol

Room 6526
Courtney 29
Matthew 30

Room 8510
Barb 58
Chris 45
Josie 9
Ellie 9
Molly 8

Room 9174
Shawn 36
Crystal 35
Christian 9
Ava 6

Room 9580
Leslie 34
Chris 43
Nancy 67
Dale 67

Glad to see so much interest in the Fish Extender.:mickeyjum Not a problem in setting it up.:welcome: The Facebook site is great! Thank you. I have vamp up some of my ideas. However you want to participate is fine. One per stateroom, one per person. Once or daily. I know I speak for our room, anything is wonderful. The other grand kids we took loved going to the room and finding all the wonderful surprises.pixiedust: As time gets closer I will put together a group meeting if you want to meet the members of our group or anyone that would like to show up. We can decide on a name for our group if you want. If anyone has any ideas please let me know, we can put it to a vote after we have them.

We are so excited about doing the fish extenders. My kids and I are on our 3rd homemade item already. I am so excited to share them, but also want some of them to be a suprise to you all. Our family is good also with 1 per stateroom or pp. Even though at this point I am making per person, except for couples, (planning on doing 1 together). We are really fine with what the group chooses, we really enjoy making these things. My suggestion about gift delivery would be divide it into 2 days or assign everyone a different day. I have heard its really hard on these short cruises to delivery daily. We want to also enjoy our time on the cruise. We are also open to what everyone thinks. The other thing to think about when we get closer is a max number of people, before breaking off into a second group. I have been following a few groups and a good average is around 12-13 cabins. That would be on an average of 65 people. That is a good bit to prepare and it would make delivery alot longer if we continued to add. Some of the bigger groups were spending 4-5 hrs delivering a day, that's just too much on a short cruise. I would love to know what everyone thinks?? Suggestions?? Any fun things you are working on. We have so many magical things planned for you all in our group :)

I've seen a post of yours on the fish extender Facebook page crystal - cute!

I agree that setting a limit up front sounds like a good idea. 65 people sounds a lot more economical than 160 like some that I've read. I didn't realize that people spent so many hours just on delivery. Not only that but you have to have the luggage space to bring your gifts and take home what you receive.

My personal opinion on a delivery schedule is just to let people do it at their own pace but if we decide to break it up or make assignments I will be happy to follow.

Only 225 more days!!! I can't wait!!!

Very good point about luggage. We may fly so luggage will matter. I seen a great suggestion about delivering on another group that was great. "For distribution, I organizes by elevators - all those closest to the foward elevator, all those closest to the midship elevator, and all those closest to the aft elevator - and then go up or down each elevator stopping at all floors needed. Seems to go quicker and no big long hallways". I love this idea, it does look like it will be quicker. We can't wait either and are open to everyone delivering on their own schedules too.

I've just booked on to this cruise yesterday :) I am taking my OH for his 30th birthday, but my birthday is actually the 10th May! So we'll be celebrating mine on board too! :cool1: I am so excited to be on a ship on my birthday!

I can't wait :) Neither of us have been on a cruise before! We have room 7188 booked! Anyone else on deck 7?

Can I join your thread too?

Can someone tell me what FE means too!

Many thanks xxxxx

Yeah!!! Another May 10 bday!!! We are such a cool bunch ;)

FEs are fish extenders. There is a little thing you put outside your door like a mail sorter (it's all I can think to describe it) and then people in your group bring by little gifts they've made or bought to share with others. You in return bring items you made or bought to share with the other people in your group.

There is a Facebook page of people's ideas and things they've received on cruises before. I'm on my phone so I can't post pics or get that link handy. I think also if you search the DIS board you will find some FE threads.

That sounds like such a great idea, I would love to get involved?!

We're coming from Liverpool, UK so hopefully I can bring some scouse goodies over!

Our details are;

Room 7188
Arrianne (25) turn (26) on 10th May on the cruise!
Dave (30) we are their to celebrate his 30th which he will have had in march but we couldn't book anything until May as we're going to NYC for 4 nights first and I wanted better weather!

I don't think we could do daily gifts it's only 3 days and we want to do as much as we can and also flying over from the UK we'd need the luggage space! So once on the cruise would be perfect for us?

I'm so looking forward to our first cruise !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter