may 23 4 day on Wonder

Carol36

Hi Carol. Thanks for the reply. Looks like you have sons close to the same age as my 12 year old grandson or did I misread that? He will be 13 on Nov 19.

There's got to be someway we can recognize each other at Ron Jon's. Any ideas?

I could wear a name tag that says fesslerl! or make a poster that says Carol36 and walk around the pool with it. :jester:

Welcome Fesslerl!!!!!

Can you just see all of us at Grill's trying to figure out who's who?!!!

I believe TiggerGranny is making nametags for our DIS meet on the ship.

Hi Seastar Around 5 pm, guess we will all be too busy starring at the Magic with looks of Wonder in our eyes to introduce ourselves! Nametags would really help there also. I have some sticky labels I could bring that we might be able to use for name tags once we get some of the dazed looks off our faces. :crazy: :crazy:

I really hate those fish by my name on here...chose that picture because I'm a pisces...gonna have to go back and remove it somehow.

Hi greytlady: The Carol36 sign made me laugh too. It was funny! I was sorta kidding but I've seen them do that on tv at the airports. lol umm anyone got any ideas :chat:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: fesslerl...I can picture that!!! We will have to figure out something. My sons are 11,13, and 15.

seastar...trying to figure out who's who will be a challenge. It's hard to picture someone you've never met before. Where do you think we should meet once we get to Grill's?

I can't wait to watch the "Magic" sail away. :boat:

About the dramamine w/ kids issue- my 6 yr old gets carsick pretty easily (so what do we do- put her on a cruise :eek: ). After a particularly bad drive from DC to Boston, we've been giving her a 1/4 of a dramamine chewable based on her weight- she's tiny at just under 40 lbs. It's worked wonders and hasn't made her drowsy/hyper/whatever. Just her normal 6 yr old self.

We're staying at the poly for 2 nights before the cruise and we'll drive to the port that morning.

We've just bought a HUGE suitcase, nightlights, clothespins, etc...

Liz

::MinnieMo

firsttimemom-thanks for that info on the dramamine, my pediatrician didn't want to recommend anything but as I was telling seastar, I would rather be prepared then have a problem. I don't know if my kids will have any problems or not but I want to be prepared, you never know. I have definately been seasick a couple of times so I know I'll be taking them!

My name is Liz too so we will have two now at the meet. This is going to get interesting!

I think we have a great group here on this thread. I'm looking forward to putting all the names and faces together! :wave:

Hi everyone!!!

We will be leaving for Port Canaveral two weeks from today!!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2:

Carol36: I have never been to Grills so I have no idea where to meet. Should we wear simple nametags with our usernames so we can find each other?

TiggerGranny: Can you recommend a spot at Grills to meet? What name is the ressie under and is it for 5pm? Thanks for doing all this-you are a sweetie!!!:flower1:

FirstTimeMom: Thanks for the info on Dramamine Chewables- that is what I am going to get for my girls.

Welcome to our newcomers: firsttime mom and fesslerl, we are so glad you found us.

Fist the meeting at GRills: Sat. May 22, at about 4-4:30 to meet up since the Magic sails at 5, then we can eat.

I made extra nametags (when I made the others) They have Mickey on them, with our names and our dis names, I also put the childrens ages on them to help the kids out.

They won't take reservations until that day, but I will call when they open at 9 a.m. to remind them we are coming our group is over 20 now so we'll just have to be patience with them.
I haven't been there sorry to say, but I will call and maybe they can give me a good idea of a place a little out of the way where we can meet and I'll let you know. I have heard from friends that the food there is suppose to be top notch.

Firsttime mom--you will be in the same boat I am (ha ha), we'll be grandmothers, our daughters (Mine's Linda) will be 36 and my granddaught will turn 5 on the cruise (Ashley), I also have 2 boys 7 & 10.

Well guys it is now 7:30 a.m. Sunday morning---2 weeks to go.

Happy Mothers day to all.

I was just looking at the Wonder on the Port Canaveral cam! Two weeks from today we'll be on it!!!!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! :hyper: :boat: :hyper2:

Happy Mother's Day to everyone too! :rose:

I had to look on the webcam and saw the Wonder. It makes me want to be there now.

I had the kids pick out their outfits they are going to wear on vacation. We've got to pack for about 9 days. So we had a busy day shopping yesterday for both clothes and the traveling medicine cabinet.

Take care and enjoy your day!:flower:

I had to look at the "Wonder" on the PC webcam, also. Can you believe that we have only two weeks to go?!?!

tiggergranny...We appreciate all that you are doing to make this vacation more special than it will already be. :sunny:

The excitement is building around here!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

:bounce: Too much nervous energy:Pinkbounc

Hope everyone is getting ready! The lists are made and the suitcases are out!

Hopefully, we'll be able to meet some of ya'll on Sat and/or Sun. Can't get my DH to commit. He doesn't like going to groups of people he doesn't know. I keep telling him he will know you once he meets you and starts talking!!! My DS15 and DD15 are anxious to meet some other teens. My DS9 just wants to get to the kids lab!

Oh well, I'm sure we'll see some of ya'll on the boat!:wave2:

gamom2three...We are going to both Dis meets. My husband thought that i had flipped at first. Now, he is fine with it. I explained to him that it would be great for the kids to get to know others their age before we go and on the day of.

I still find it hard to believe how close our Wonder-ful cruise is!!!:Pinkbounc

Carol

tiggergranny the name tags sound great. :MickeyMo Thanks for all you do to organize the meets. My 5 & 12 year old grandsons will be in the same group as yours 5 - 7 and 10-12. :wave:

I want the boys to spend some fun time in the kids club/lab but also spend time with us as a family, especially going to the shows and Animators. Deciisons, Decisions I know, just can't do it all. :confused:

Did anyone pack and then take out 50% of what they packed. :confused: Has anyone figured out how you can have clothes for everyday without doing laundry if you do that.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

I can't figure out how I'm going to pack all of our other things. I haven't thought about shoes!

Which 50% should I take out? I always pack too much. I would rather have everything that I needed than finding myself short.

Trying to figure out when to have family time and when to let the kids do whatever is a hard decision. I want us to remember this cruise as a family and think back on the fun times we had together. But, I also want our DC to have independence and memories of their own to share. I know that we will have dinner together, which is a requirement. We can pick the other activities that we would all like to do together and make these a priority.

Have a great day!

Carol

:Pinkbounc Only 10 days until we leave We leave on 5/21 and drive to Valdosa; then on 5/22 to Ron Jons.
:)

Carol I feel the same way you do. I'd rather pack too much then not enough! And family time is very important but there are some things in the kid clubs that sound fun.

Maybe we should ask experienced cruises on these boards to list their favorite family things to do on the ship and what they feel should not be missed in the clubs. Any volunteers?

The only family time we require is going to the shows and dinner each night, this one was non-negotiable.

Then we sat down with the most recent navigators on the net and listed everything we want to do individually and as a family----no way could we fit it all in--decided to leave some things for next cruise!!!

We then just each checked off 3 things we wanted to do during the entire cruise, the rest will be fit in if we really want it.

We want this cruise to be fun, family, and still restful, not stressed. That's our plan!!!and we're sticking to it?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter