May 2009 Car Rental Prices

So is DME not an option?

No.
Hubby wants car rental right from airport. With the 3 kids and bags he doesn't want to wait for anyone or take shuttles or be with other people in the same car waiting for them to be dropped off etc.

and I like the freedom of the car too.

Ugh well that sucks...you could probably shave about 1/2 off of your rental if you took DME, considering they handle all of your luggage as well. Hopefully the price comes down for you though!

Just bumping this up.

Has anyone seen any better deals then what has been out for a while now?

I am hoping to see something soon. Most specials seem to end in march.

Here's what I have for May 3rd to 13th -

Alamo Midsized being picked up at the airport using contract id #430710 and an ecoupon from Alamo's site for $25 off a weekly rate, my estimated total with taxes is $231. I didn't think that was too bad considering it was almost $500 when I first starting checking prices. I have to check in at one of the kiosks with the ecoupon but for that savings I can do that. :)

I'm still getting HUGE rates even with some of the codes and coupons listed. I have 2 reservations already, one at alamo for a standard suv for $411 and one with dollar for a minivan for $415. When trying new codes on alamo I was getting $600+ for the same class, same dates and etc. Odd.

The $25 off e-coupon says valid for rentals through March 31, 2009 so I don't know if they will honor that if your dates don't match up.

Try Dollar and code OOAG. I reserved a mid-size for 6/19-27 (8 day rental) for $242.00 including taxes and fees.

Scott

I'm still getting HUGE rates even with some of the codes and coupons listed. I have 2 reservations already, one at alamo for a standard suv for $411 and one with dollar for a minivan for $415. When trying new codes on alamo I was getting $600+ for the same class, same dates and etc. Odd.

The $25 off e-coupon says valid for rentals through March 31, 2009 so I don't know if they will honor that if your dates don't match up.

I used the ecoupon with my dates for May and it took them. I emailed Alamo because I wanted to know if I would be able to check in at home on line with this reservation but unfortunately I can't, but can use the kiosk so we don't have to be hassled with the counter reps. They reviewed my reservation and said nothing about the coupon not working for that date, just that I couldnt check in at home.

It looks like you are reserving the same dates as me; 5/ 3 to 5/13? :confused My reservation is for a midsized maybe thata could be part of it?

Here's what I have for May 3rd to 13th -

Alamo Midsized being picked up at the airport using contract id #430710 and an ecoupon from Alamo's site for $25 off a weekly rate, my estimated total with taxes is $231. I didn't think that was too bad considering it was almost $500 when I first starting checking prices. I have to check in at one of the kiosks with the ecoupon but for that savings I can do that. :)

That is totally weird because I too am looking for 10 days, April 29 to May 10, using the same code and coupon and I am getting $377.00 for a mid size and that same price of $377 punching in your dates...what the heck am I doing wrong?

Actually, I just booked using dollar for 3 days only and the code of OOAG and got a midsize for 24.00/day!!! woohoo!!!

I think the reason mine is higher is that we're staying for 10 days and we're renting a minivan or standard SUV, we need the room for the stroller, car seat and luggage. I noticed that the rates have gone waaaay up so even with these codes and coupons it's bringing me to a total a little bit higher than the ones I already have reserved.

The minivan I have reserved with dollar IS using the OOAG code for $199 a week but we have 3 extra days plus all the taxes and fees which makes it come to over $400.

I just checked alamo again without any codes whatsoever, just using the prepay option it's $799.34 for a SUV for May 3 - 13th. Using the 430710 code it's $775.

eeek! I'll stick with my $411 I got a month ago for an SUV using the 430710

I checked my reservation again for my dates using the same codes and it was way up in price. I'm going to leave mine alone and just do the kiosk check in. :drive:

I noticed mine was up too - I made the most recent ressie on Jan 16 for $222, now it's $270! Same dates, codes, everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter