• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2009 Car Rental Prices

kitkatsmom

Mouseketeer
Even though may is still 4 months away I have been checking rental car prices for a few weeks now.

The best price I could find so far (after they add in taxes and fees) was with dollar.
I was able to get a midsized car for 250.00
That was for the dates May 2 to May 10

The price for the week was 174.00 but it bumped up to 250. with all the crazy taxes and fees they add on there.

I also have a coupon for a free upgrade.
I need at least a midsized car but am hoping to find something a bit bigger since we have 5 people. (no carseats)

Let me know if anyone finds anything better.
I used the code OOAG found at mousesavers, which gave me the best price of any of the other deals.

but I know prices change all the time.
So please post if you got something better.

I made reservations through Enterprise for a 7 day rental standard size (I have a free upgrade coupon and will upgrade to full size) and the total is around $150. Are you renting at an airport location?

This is May 12-19th.

I made reservations through Enterprise for a 7 day rental standard size (I have a free upgrade coupon and will upgrade to full size) and the total is around $150. Are you renting at an airport location?

This is May 12-19th.

I get a price of 241.98 for a standard size through enterprise and that's before taxes and fees. Are you using a coupon code? I am renting from orlando airport.

we're renting in may too but have had no luck in codes/dicsounts, the lowest I've gotten is $409 for a full size SUV for 11 days. Last trip I got the midsize suv for 11 days at $250, I don't think I'll be lucky enough to get that again :(

Yesterday I used code OOAG from Mousesavers @ Dollar rental car at MCO. May 9th to May 23rd, 14 days, and recieved a mini van for $199 per week and they had a midsize car for $150 per week. Total with all fees and taxes, mini van $548.02 and midsize $433.41. Not bad, but i'm hoping the National rental car rates drop, We like the Emerald Isle choices. Toon

I get a price of 241.98 for a standard size through enterprise and that's before taxes and fees. Are you using a coupon code? I am renting from orlando airport.

No, I am not renting at the airport though, I am renting at a site close to Disney. You are not going to find much cheaper at an airport location, they are ALWAYS more expensive due to airport concession fees, etc.

we're renting May 3rd to may 13th and got $428 total on dollar.com using the OOAG code. I got a rate of $409 on alamo for a full size SUV using the pre-pay feature. That's all I got so far! :)

is dollar on site?

Yesterday I used code OOAG from Mousesavers @ Dollar rental car at MCO. May 9th to May 23rd, 14 days, and recieved a mini van for $199 per week and they had a midsize car for $150 per week. Total with all fees and taxes, mini van $548.02 and midsize $433.41. Not bad, but i'm hoping the National rental car rates drop, We like the Emerald Isle choices. Toon

Thanks for this info, we just reserved a minivan for the $199/week using this code from April 25-May 2. We tried combining it with the Southwest code and it went up to $258 :confused3 (which was the original code/price we had found). It went back down after we removed the Southwest code though, so it's all good!

Thanks, Allison

I've been searching for great rental rates for 2 weeks solid now and....

I agree the very best I could get was through Dollar using the OOAG code. It was $160 base rate for a compact (any free upgrade for me is useless-don't need it and it seems you can kind of pick what you want to drive anyway?) for my dates of March 7-14. I also may have to add a day onto this. Wow, really hoping these high rates will be taking a dive soon!! :surfweb:

I hope the rates drop soon.
I keep checking in each day.

I know its cheaper to rent from a NON airport location, but with kids and all I need the ease of getting the car right at the airport.

Is taking the ME not an option? You could always take it to the resort and have a rental company on Disney pick you up...

Is dollar right at the airport or do you need to take a shuttle?

We usually use Alamo and have had great luck with them. Alamo also has the $199/week minivan, but right now that special only runs through January. Hopefully they'll have it again because you can walk right up to a minivan, drive up to the window and leave. It's so convenient!! For now I have reserved the $199/week minivan through Dollar.

Is dollar right at the airport or do you need to take a shuttle?

We usually use Alamo and have had great luck with them. Alamo also has the $199/week minivan, but right now that special only runs through January. Hopefully they'll have it again because you can walk right up to a minivan, drive up to the window and leave. It's so convenient!! For now I have reserved the $199/week minivan through Dollar.

Dollar is right at the airport. My experience has been, the closer you get to your trip, the lower the price will fall. But keep your ressies until you find something lower!!;)

The best I'm getting right now is $409 total with prepay at alamo on an SUV for may 3rd - May 13th. The OOAG ID is giving me $428 for the mini-van. We don't necessarily need a mini-van so I'll probably end up going with alamo but still check for new deals daily.

None of the mousesavers codes worked for me, not sure if they have blackout dates or what but not even the walmart atlas 20% off code worked.

The best I'm getting right now is $409 total with prepay at alamo on an SUV for may 3rd - May 13th. The OOAG ID is giving me $428 for the mini-van. We don't necessarily need a mini-van so I'll probably end up going with alamo but still check for new deals daily.

None of the mousesavers codes worked for me, not sure if they have blackout dates or what but not even the walmart atlas 20% off code worked.

At dollar I get the the minivan for a total of 358.00 (with tax) using the OOAG code

I didn't have any luck with the mousesavers codes either - I think most of those specials were Jan/Feb/March. I don't know why the Walmart codes didn't work though...

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Alamo too - but I feel better knowing that I at least have something reserved. I'm in the same boat as you cheeful chickadee - I don't need a van so we'll see what ends up with the best rate. However, the Dollar van rate is good right now. I got the minivan for 9 days for $400. (I got the $199/week rate plus 2 days at $39 plus $100 in fees.)

This is what I'm getting on dollar using the OOAG minivan code:

Mini Van Dodge Caravan (or similar)

Rental Time:
1 Week at $199.00 per week.
Unlimited mileage.
3 Extra Days at $39.00 per day.

Total Base Rate $316.00
Apt Conc Recov Fee $31.87
Facility Charge $25.00
Energy Recovery Fee $4.50 State Transact Tax $20.30 State Tax $26.15 Vehicle License Fee $4.70 Total Est. Mandatory Charges $112.52 Est.

Grand Total $428.52

I'll probably go with alamo for right now just to have something reserved and hope for more codes between now and then

Try corporate code 004m001010 @ Thrifty at MCO and get a Dodge caliber for $125 a week.

I get a rate a few dollars more than the rate I got with dollar, plus thrifty is offsite so we'd have to shuttle over.
But thanks.
Hopefully the prices will go down as we get closer. I can't wait till disney posts may's hours at the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter