May 2008--Everything's Coming Up Roses -- COMPLETE

Ok, here are the restaurants we chose. I tried to mix it up a bit so we are adding six new ones this time.

May 3 - no ADRs, since this is our Fly In day and not sure if we'll priceline or use Disney value hotel yet.

May 4 - Le Cellier Dinner with parents.
I don't know how this restaurant can have such favorable and ugly reviews?!? We've been there twice, once for lunch and once for dinner, several years apart and both times were fantastic -- steaks Med Rare, juicy, wonderful service, great bread!

May 5 - Coral Reef Lunch with parents.
I'm worried about this one. My mom wants to eat here so I agreed but the only comment I always here is "great scenery, bad food".

May 5 - Grand Floridian Cafe Dinner, DATE NIGHT!
Normally we go to Ca Grill or Narcoosee's for our date night, but we decided to try a 1 credit place this time. I'm also worried about this one -- not b/c of the food, I'm sure it will be good, but since it's our date night, we normally like to go to someplace extra nice and I'm not sure this qualifies. But since parents have volunteered to watch DD, we get a night out -- woo hoo!!!

May 6 - Spoodles Dinner with parents
This is another new restaurant for us. Since we'll be at the BCV, I wanted to choose a place we could walk to and explore the Boardwalk for one night.

May 7 - Norway Princess Dinner with parents
We've eaten at Norway before when it was not a princess dinner, so we wanted to try this one, esp as DD likes the princesses. I'm a bit worried since some other DIS friends went here and said the princesses just zoomed by and hardly interacted at all. I've been warned that food is kind of "bland" but we enjoyed it last time so hopefully it's still good.

May 8 - No ADRsThe plan is to go to Yak & Yeti Counter Service and try out their food for dinner. This is a pool day for us (so far!) and my parents leave to visit friends or one of the other parks (Cypress Gardens I think). Yak and Yeti is new for us.

May 9 - Hollywood and Dine Lunch
We'll take DD to this character meal. Last time we didn't go to MGM at all. I'm really hoping that they are going to change the characters for this lunch to match the show (Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse, Handy Manny, etc). We haven't eaten here before and I don't hear much about it.

May 10 - San Angel Inn Dinner
Even though DD will be with us for this meal, I still think of this as a romantic place to eat. We haven't eaten here before but I'm really hoping we get a table where DD can watch the boats go by. That will keep her attention the whole meal! I may just tell them when we check in that we are willing to wait a bit longer in order to get the better table -- wonder if they will let us? Guess it depends on how busy they are...

May 11 - Le Cellier Lunch for Mother's Day with parents
My parents come back to join us for Mother's Day. Both mom and I agreed we wanted to eat here again. I'm hoping to try a non-steak entree just to get something different...but I know their steaks are just incredible!

May 12 - Go Home :sad1:

So what do you think???

I'm not much help it would seem... haven't tried any of your places. I will say I haven't come across a bad LeCellier review in quite awhile! I also have heard that the princesses at Norway do drive-by interactions. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you helped push me to get going! Now the excitement starts up again!

Glad my peer pressure helped you along:rotfl2: :goodvibes

Yes, Infamous #3 (Sharkey was #2).

Thanks so much for saying DD looks like me! Really! When she was born EVERYONE said she was her Daddy's girl. Which is cool, too, but there's a part of me that just wants to be in her too!:goodvibes

Who is infamous #1?

Can't wait to hear how Grand Floridian Cafe is.

We did Hollywood and Vine for Breakfast.

June and Leo were there from Einsteins. JoJo and Goliath.

It would be cool if they added Handy Manny:goodvibes

Not familiar with the other ones...sorry:goodvibes

I'm not much help it would seem... haven't tried any of your places. I will say I haven't come across a bad LeCellier review in quite awhile! I also have heard that the princesses at Norway do drive-by interactions. :rolleyes:

Drive by interactions -- :rotfl2: gotta remember that term!

Can't wait to hear how Grand Floridian Cafe is.

We did Hollywood and Vine for Breakfast.

June and Leo were there from Einsteins. JoJo and Goliath.

It would be cool if they added Handy Manny:goodvibes

Not familiar with the other ones...sorry:goodvibes

Oh, forgot that June and Leo are there -- are they face characters or costume characters?

We are going Sept. 25-Oct.1 (pop) then Oct. 2-5 (3 nights) on our first Disney Cruise **** I will let you know how it is when we come back. :cool1:

Cool! are you going to do a TR?

Le Cellier sounds great. I've never been there, but I really want to go.

Akershus - YUCK! We had bad food and bad service there, but good princess interaction. We didn't have the "drive by." Watch out for Jasmine. She's a hottie. Your hubby will like her a lot.

I've never been to any of the other places, either. I actually canceled a reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe and replaced it with a reservation for Whispering Canyon Cafe. I've heard bad things about San Angel and I've heard good things about it. I guess it depends on how much you like Mexican food.

I'm not famous.........can I still join the fun?;)

Subscribing! I was so excited to see a May Pre-Trip report because I am going in May as well (and I guess I should get started on a Pre-Trippie:thumbsup2 )!

I ate at the Hollywood & Vine in My 2006 for dinner (Fantasmic Dinner Package) and the food was very good - no characters at dinner though!

Looking forward to hearing more!

Le Cellier sounds great. I've never been there, but I really want to go.

Akershus - YUCK! We had bad food and bad service there, but good princess interaction. We didn't have the "drive by." Watch out for Jasmine. She's a hottie. Your hubby will like her a lot.

I've never been to any of the other places, either. I actually canceled a reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe and replaced it with a reservation for Whispering Canyon Cafe. I've heard bad things about San Angel and I've heard good things about it. I guess it depends on how much you like Mexican food.

Yeah, I can see how Jasmine would appeal to DH! :rotfl2: Sorry to hear you didn't have good food/service...I also just read that they are increasing the cost but adding a photo included with the meal...they also took a credit card for my ressie in case we cancel less than 48 hrs...This one is having some pressure put on it!

:thumbsup2

Costume characters.....

Thanks!

I'm not famous.........can I still join the fun?;)

Hey, welcome!! You can become famous on here!! :rotfl2:

Subscribing! I was so excited to see a May Pre-Trip report because I am going in May as well (and I guess I should get started on a Pre-Trippie:thumbsup2 )!

I ate at the Hollywood & Vine in My 2006 for dinner (Fantasmic Dinner Package) and the food was very good - no characters at dinner though!

Looking forward to hearing more!

Definitely send me the link for your PTR when you do it. I was surprised there weren't many May PTR -- or at least not ones that were easily identified as May. I like to include the month right in the title so other May folks know and I can start looking out for other DISsers in the park!

Awhhhh!

I just went to SW to check their prices and they have roundtrip for $129 total. In Sept we paid $118 total ... I realize May is more popular travel month than Sept and gas prices are expected to go higher...

Dilemma, dilemma, should I buy now or wait for it to go lower yet? About 2 weeks ago it was $145 so it's definitely coming down...

ADDED

Ok, I checked out some other sites and decided that I would go ahead and book with SW. So at least I can say the flight is now done. Just need to start pricelining a hotel or wait for AP discount now for our first night...

Your ADR's look great, Marshay!:thumbsup2

Some I can't comment on b/c I've never been to them but I LOVE Le Cellier!!!!:lovestruc Glad you get to go twice!!!

As for San Angel Inn, it is one of my favorites. I love the atmosphere! All of the meals I've had there have been delish, but Taco Bell is about the extent of my Mexican food to compare it with.:rotfl2: We had a table next to the water once and the kids loved waving to the people sailing by. I think your DD would love that too.

As for Coral Reef, I'll put in the disclaimer that I don't like seafood. We had a table waaaay in the back so we didn't get a good view of the tanks. I ordered a steak, but it is no Le Cellier!:laughing: My husband and kids liked their meals (all seafood), but I don't remember what they ordered. It's not high on my list, but like I said, seafood is not for me!;)

Akershus- we did the princess dinner on our last trip in September. The princess interaction was good. We didn't feel it was a rush and go. My husband liked Jasmine, but he really liked Ariel.;) :rotfl: Two of the princesses even insisted on getting pictures with our boys, much to their dismay.:rotfl2: We enjoyed the meal, and even recently found some of the cheese that they served on their cold board in one of our grocery stores. The kids wanted to buy it b/c they enjoyed it then.

The only I haven't tried but I've heard good things about Spoodles! And I can't wait to hear about Yak and Yeti.

Your ADR's look great, Marshay!:thumbsup2

Some I can't comment on b/c I've never been to them but I LOVE Le Cellier!!!!:lovestruc Glad you get to go twice!!!

As for San Angel Inn, it is one of my favorites. I love the atmosphere! All of the meals I've had there have been delish, but Taco Bell is about the extent of my Mexican food to compare it with.:rotfl2: We had a table next to the water once and the kids loved waving to the people sailing by. I think your DD would love that too.

As for Coral Reef, I'll put in the disclaimer that I don't like seafood. We had a table waaaay in the back so we didn't get a good view of the tanks. I ordered a steak, but it is no Le Cellier!:laughing: My husband and kids liked their meals (all seafood), but I don't remember what they ordered. It's not high on my list, but like I said, seafood is not for me!;)

Akershus- we did the princess dinner on our last trip in September. The princess interaction was good. We didn't feel it was a rush and go. My husband liked Jasmine, but he really liked Ariel.;) :rotfl: Two of the princesses even insisted on getting pictures with our boys, much to their dismay.:rotfl2: We enjoyed the meal, and even recently found some of the cheese that they served on their cold board in one of our grocery stores. The kids wanted to buy it b/c they enjoyed it then.

The only I haven't tried but I've heard good things about Spoodles! And I can't wait to hear about Yak and Yeti.

Yeah, I really tried to pick some new places this time -- didn't realize until just today when I was writing them up that 6 are new!

Glad to hear you like SAI. I, too, like Taco Bell so I should like Epcot's Americanized Mexican food there too! And I guess if DD gets antsy one of us could always step out and take her on the boat -- she'd get a kick out of waving to the other at the table!

For Coral Reef, does anyone remember what they got? I figure if you can still remember what you ate a place months ago, it must be really good or really bad.

Oh, so now I have to watch out for both Jasmine and Ariel!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: Here I thought I was just going to see them in their ballgown dresses! :rotfl:

Oh, please post the pic of your 2 sons with the princesses -- or any other pictures from Akershus (or SAI or Coral Reef).

Spoodles was mainly picked b/c it's on the boardwalk and not a 2 TS meal. But I also thought Italian would mix things up a bit.

My, I'm hungry just thinking about all this food!

I'm not the one you asked, but my boys didn't mind the princess breakfast at all!

100_2950.jpg

Love that pic Winkers!!!:thumbsup2

I will try to post some pics tomorrow Marshay. ( I really should be in bed right now.;) ) I know one of the things that my DH had at Coral Reef was Lobster Soup. He really liked it. I'll ask tomorrow what else he ate.

I'm not the one you asked, but my boys didn't mind the princess breakfast at all!

100_2950.jpg

OH MY GOSH!!!! That picture is incredible -- thanks for posting!!! I esp like the expression on the little guy left front!!! I think he really liked Jasmine!!! :rotfl2:

I'm here I'm here.:yay: :yay:
Haven't read a lot yet, but I will catch up eventually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter