May 19 - 24, 2014 San Diego to Vancouver

I cant say 100% that it does, but the classic ships usually do. If we do have one, it is free. It's usually held in Parrot Cay and there is a set character breakfast for each dining rotation. No reservations needed.

No character breakfast on 5 night cruises. We were on the Magic in November. On our last Alaska cruise there was a character breakfast. Unfortunately, we missed it because we lost a day somewhere and thought it was the next morning.:angel:

No character breakfast on 5 night cruises. We were on the Magic in November. :

The above may not directly apply. My understanding is an itinerary needs 3 'at sea' days to allow for character breakfasts (which the coastal cruise does). I was assuming we could expect these special breakfasts...perhaps someone will check with an 'official' source :)

By the way, we will also be sailing. We are a family of 5 (kids: 2, 5, and 8yrs). Looking forward to a few days at DL before sailing out of San Diego.

By the way, we will also be sailing. We are a family of 5 (kids: 2, 5, and 8yrs). Looking forward to a few days at DL before sailing out of San Diego.

Welcome! Do you have boys or girls? I have a dd (7), ds (5), and dd (will be 18 months on the cruise) :)

I called Disney. He wasn't sure about the character breakfast but didn't sound promising. He said to check the Navigators.

The above may not directly apply. My understanding is an itinerary needs 3 'at sea' days to allow for character breakfasts (which the coastal cruise does). I was assuming we could expect these special breakfasts...perhaps someone will check with an 'official' source :)

Welcome Aboard--I have you added to the roster on the first page. How fun to be hitting DL first, that should really get you in a Disney frame of mind. :goodvibes

Hotels near port...need recommendations? Anyone else staying over? Planning to go to Seattle from Vancouver. Greyhound is inexpensive, has anyone done this? :confused3

I emailed about a character breakfast and the response follows:

"When sailing on Disney Magic or Disney Wonder on a 7 night or longer, character breakfasts may be offered one morning of the cruise."

Maybe they are wrong because when I asked them about a Pirate Night they told me yes, but I see there is not. I also asked about the port we dock in and they told me Canada Place, but according to many other cruisers it's the other port. I guess we shall see.....

Hello all. Just wanted to say we will be going on this cruise as well, our 3rd aboard the Wonder. We have two kids, ages 3 and 5, and will be joined by a merry bunch including my two sister-in-laws, their families and my mother-in-law. In total there will be a dozen of us and we are so excited. Just one question to follow-up on the previous post: there will be a pirate night right? We did a 4-day out of Galveston last year and there was a pirate night. Hope there is. Anyway looking forward to the trip; less than 100 days away.

Hello all. Just wanted to say we will be going on this cruise as well, our 3rd aboard the Wonder. We have two kids, ages 3 and 5, and will be joined by a merry bunch including my two sister-in-laws, their families and my mother-in-law. In total there will be a dozen of us and we are so excited. Just one question to follow-up on the previous post: there will be a pirate night right? We did a 4-day out of Galveston last year and there was a pirate night. Hope there is. Anyway looking forward to the trip; less than 100 days away.

No pirate night as of now. They're having the Pixar pals party instead.

Did anyone else get a $25.54 (CAD) credit from DCL on Thursday? We've had this happen before and it always boggles me what it's for. I seem to recall something being less than expected (port fees or fuel?) and DCL crediting passengers for the difference. Or is it something else? Not that I'm complaining, that's $25 more we can spend on vacation.

FYI - We have two DCL bookings right now, so it's entirely possible this credit was related to our other reservation.

Did anyone else get a $25.54 (CAD) credit from DCL on Thursday? We've had this happen before and it always boggles me what it's for. I seem to recall something being less than expected (port fees or fuel?) and DCL crediting passengers for the difference. Or is it something else? Not that I'm complaining, that's $25 more we can spend on vacation.

Funny old world, we received a refund of US$23.88. As we are doing back to back no idea what for.

I called DCL today to find out if they could tell me which card my $23.88 refund was issued to (worried it was a gift card) and the CM said the refund was for reduced taxes.

We are doing B2B as well, and I got a refund on both cruises. It would be nice if the new confirmation they sent out told you what the credit was for and where they put the refund. I booked this cruise so long ago, I thought that maybe I didn't have that card any more.

Online check-in = complete! :yay:

We picked a late check in time so we could spent more time in San Diego before the ship sets sail. Normally we'd want to be on the ship ASAP but this time we're visiting family and want more time with them too. We have to weigh our options.

Only three months to go!

Am taking my 6 year old grandson on this cruise. Just booked the Fire Truck Golden Gate Bridge Excursion. Only time available was 8:45 am - not sure if other times were offered and this was all that was left or if this is the only time. Any one else doing this? Sounded perfect for young boys :thumbsup2
We have been in SF a lot but all school age kids also like Chinatown, the cable cars and riding down Lombard Street (might need a taxi for that one). There is also a great spot off Union Square, Sears Fine Food (no relation to store of same name) http://searsfinefood.com/ that has really yummy and very famous silver dollar pancakes. I think they serve breakfast until 3 pm and often have an online coupon. You could take cable car to its end by Nordstroms, then walk a couple blocks up Powell Street for the pancakes.

Just signed mom and I up! We are just on the San Diego to Vancouver leg... And it's our first ever cruise!
:goodvibes

Hotels near port...need recommendations? Anyone else staying over? Planning to go to Seattle from Vancouver. Greyhound is inexpensive, has anyone done this? :confused3

Check out Quick Shuttle. They run between Vancouver and Seattle. This is who we will be using to get back. We live just outside of Seattle let me know if there is any other questions about Sattle

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter