Max Occupancy in DVC Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get two studio's you may have to split up your husband and your self as disney has rules about teens under a certain age not being able to have a room alone

Note that none of the DVC resorts have connecting Studios--you will not be able to get two Studio villas that are side-by-side with an interior door between them. Depending upon the resort and availability at check-in, you could be in different wings, different floors or even different buildings.

And there must be someone over age 18 in each room.

Note that none of the DVC resorts have connecting Studios--you will not be able to get two Studio villas that are side-by-side with an interior door between them. Depending upon the resort and availability at check-in, you could be in different wings, different floors or even different buildings.

I as just going to make this point. Unless you and your DH want to split up, I would look into a 2BR . I believe the new AoA allows 6 but not sure if you were looking specifially for DVC resorts or not.

Most every WDW DVC I've checked online now has this blurb:

Disney's Beach Club Villas 1 Bedroom Villa
Make yourself at home on the shore of a sparkling lake at this elegant New England-inspired Resort.

Sleeps 4 – 5th guest can be accomodated, but must provide their own bedding and linens
1 king-size bed & 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
Full kitchen
Washer/dryer
Full bathroom with whirlpool tub

AKL Jambo Value 1 beds still have the sleep 4 language.
:thumbsup2

Oh not necessarily. Disney Front Desks try to locate rooms close together when booked in a block. So the studios will probably be on the same floor but some doors down.

You could have an adult on each reservation but where you chose to sleep is your decision. Just remember if you're going to leave teenagers alone in a studio you are fully responsible for what they do in the room. Better not be any trashing of the room on your watch.

BLT one bedrooms have two bathrooms and sleep 5, but I still wouldn't cram mom & dad and 4 teenagers in one. That many people in close confines would drive me insane. You're better off with a two bedroom. Then you can sleep 9, have a full kitchen, another kitchenette (for the teens' snacks), 3 bathrooms and plenty of space to spread out.

I find studios are fine for short trips, but they get really cramped with 4 adults over 4 days or more.

Oh not necessarily. Disney Front Desks try to locate rooms close together when booked in a block. So the studios will probably be on the same floor but some doors down.

Emphasis on "try." If you're staying at SSR or OKW, normally not a problem. But if you have two reservations for something like a BLT studios--which have few of each view on each floor--or at a smaller resort like VWL, BCV, etc., it's hard telling what may be available.

Not every resort has dozens of daily vacancies match the room size and view booked.

We're talking worst case scenarios here. There have been plenty of stories over the years of parties with multiple rooms who were much farther apart than they had anticipated.

You could have an adult on each reservation but where you chose to sleep is your decision. Just remember if you're going to leave teenagers alone in a studio you are fully responsible for what they do in the room. Better not be any trashing of the room on your watch.

Disney isn't going to perform bed checks but the assumption is that a responsible adult is present in every guest room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter