MAW Trip - Single Digits Now!!!

Dragonfly8124

Earning My Ears
Just had to share my excitement. We received our package from Mayor Clayton Tuesday and then yesterday we received our MAW package. Woo hoo, my daughter (well all of us) are getting so excited now.

I have heard different ones tell of themed nights at GKTW, I'm trying to figure what parks to go when but don't want to miss to much at GKTW. Can anybody give me some info on what the theme's are and what time do the festivities begin. We will be there during MLK day and I hear that MK is crowded that day, any ideas about the other parks?

:cool1:

ok- i pulled out the village voice from when we were there in sept.

sunday-parents noght out- 5:45 pm tp 9 pm

monday- splish splash pool party - this is with the sea world characters 7 pm to 8 pm mickey and minne 8 & 9 am

tues- fishing fun at the gazebo 5-9 pm- pet visitation teem 6 pm

wed- parents night out

thurs- christmas eve extravaganza- 6:30-9 pm character photos mickey and minnie 8 & 9 am

friday- fun day pawpet show 7 pm-- barney and friends 8:30-9 am

sat- mayor claytons birthday party 7:30-8:30pm

hope that helps.
this comes right off the newsletter that is left in your villa every day-

ps. try to pack an extra bag for all the stuff you receive at GKTW- we packed an extra bag for other stuff and it was full of toys and such from the village!

Wow, that really helps out a bunch. Thanks for the tip for the extra bag too.

Any more tips would be great. First time fliers for ALL of us, so that will be an experience in itself.

Again, thanks for the info Anne MN

look at he village newsletter every day to see what is going on.

the bunny book (that is the book you get when you check in) has exact directions to all the attractions. we kept ours with us all the time-

it give you the locations of the VIP lounges at epcot (one at testtrack the other at mission space) where you can go and relax, have quiet and a cool drink) they are great for a PRIVATE bathroom and a place to sit down for a little while.

bunny book is your "bible" while you are at GKTW.

don't forget about the pizza at the village- you can order pizza till 10pm (they make it down by the main pool) and will deliver it to you.

sign up for night time tuck in- that was really cool! we did not get to do it because all the latest times were taken- it fills up quick- sign up book is in the house of hearts-

we checked out a camcorder- you can do that for 2 days- they will put it on a VHS or DVD. it was great to have a video camera.
you will get all the details for other things when you go to orientation- that is when you get your tickets

I see that you're in NC, too, so as far as flying my best advice would be NOT to pack too much to do on the plane! It depends on the ages of your children of course, but mine didn't do more than one activity because the flight's only about an hour and half and they spent some of that time getting settled and looking out the window. I let them pack their own carry-ons and I wish now that I had just put an activity in my diaper bag for them because they hardly needed it and they kept whining in the airport about having to carry their bags. My 3 year old spent the flight playing/talking to his crackers! :rolleyes:

Also, for cheaper souveniers, specifically clothes, check out the Walmart near GKTW (you can't miss it), and they have spiral autograph books with pens in a little case that are pretty cheap, I think I'm going to tear out the autograph page and put it in a scrapbook with the pic of the character with the kids.

One more thing, make sure you plan some time for the village! There's so much to do there, my kids really enjoyed it. :D

HAVE FUN!! :wizard:

Thanks for the info for the plane trip and the shopping. I was going to pick them up an autograph book so thanks for the money saving tip there.

The village does put a few things on you full sized fidge. what we did was go to walmart and get soda pop and water- cheaper to bring it with to the parks than to buy it there. It was hot when we were there so I would throw a few bottles of water in the freezer and bring those in the cooler- great for keeping things cold and also to drink.

we also had snack food and I also pick up some stain pre-treater for the laundry- one hint is that they do not do "normal" housekeeping everyday- they would like you to re-use you towels- what I did was in the morning I would throw a load of towels in the washer- and by the time everyone was ready to go I would put the towels in the dryer and there would be clean towels when we got back from the park and were ready to go swimming.

I washed everything before we went back home- easier, and i didn't have to spend a ton of time at home cleaning dirty clothes!

Congratulations on your counting down clock. :cool1:

We loved Universal and Islands of Adventure. Our children our ages 4, 4, 8, & 9 and they loved it. And as adults its great too. They are a must see.

We also were surprised when we went to sea world how wonderful it was. Fun and easy. The kids fed dolphins and sting rays. And they gave all of my kids the feed (fish) for free with the MAW pin!!! I was ready to pay and she said...oh you get it free. and not just for the Wish child but we got it for all the kids at both dolphins and stingrays. Oh and the "pet" show....was soooo much fun.

Just wanted to say have a wonderful time on your extra special trip :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter