Maui tips

I went to Maui in Sept, the weather was nice and not very crowded but the downside was no whale watching. So our next trip to Hawaii, we went in January.
There is a Japanese holiday to watch out for since it will bring in alot of people, called Golden Week I believe. I want to say it's in April or May but I'm not for sure.

My husband and I are going to Maui in September of this year for our 15th wedding anniversary. We are spending 1 night in Hana and the remaining nights in Wailea at the Renaissance. We plan to fly over early in the morning after spending a few nights in Oahu and start the road trip to Hana, spend the night there and then return to Wailea for the remainder of our trip. My question is this: What do we do with our luggage while on our road trip? We have reserved a Jeep Wrangler so we can't lock it in the trunk and I have read that breakins are fairly common. We only wanted to have an overnight bag with us on the trip to Hana. Any suggestions? :confused3

P.S.

I didn't want to break up our resort stay with the road trip and I didn't want the road trip to be our last day before departing so I can't really change the date of the road trip.

In Hawaii, there are two tourist seasons, the one for mainland tourists and the one for Japanese tourists. It used to be that Japanese tourists outnumbered mainland tourists. Now, the numbers are reversing. So what used to be slow season may not be any more. Just looking around and guessing, I'd say the slowest season is fall. Whatever you do, don't come at the end of April, beginning of May. That's Japan's Golden Week - there are seven national holidays in a real short span and most Japanese companies are closed during this time. It's the equivalent of WDW's week between Christmas and New Year's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter