Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

Welcome, CLAYINCT! I, too, have a trip scheduled in August; waiting to see what develops before making a decision about canceling.

I have a trip scheduled to celebrate a "big" birthday that ends in "0" in July from the 18th to the 25th and I am so torn about if it will happen along with what the new Disney normal will look like for now :rolleyes1 I just changed this morning from Bay Lake Tower to the Boardwalk Villas because I really don't think there will be any fireworks for a while and I was going to watch them from my room :sad:

Last edited:
mlittig, hopefully we shall have news about WDW's reopening soon. I've heard lots of rumors that the resorts may reopen before the parks but, since they're rumors, I am not worrying about whatever is going to happen.

Another Massachusetts DVCer here. We own at Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo. We had a trip scheduled for 5/10-5/20. So sad that it wont happen. I need a Disney trip so bad.

Hello, I grew up in CT (hence my username) but currently live in Worcester. My family has been DVC members since 1993, obviously at OKW since it's the only resort that existed. I also did the DCP in Spring 2010.

Our first trip to WDW was a non-stop flight out of Worcester Airport in 1987. We lived only a couple miles away, in Paxton. Moved out in 1993, same year you became DVC members.

I live in the New York metro area now but I grew up in western Mass. Therefore, Mass is always in my blood. Most of my family is still there. We had a split stay planned for August AKV club level and value studios. I was so bummed when I made the decision to cancel and bank the points. I'm suffering planning withdrawals right now.

I live in the New York metro area now but I grew up in western Mass. Therefore, Mass is always in my blood. Most of my family is still there. We had a split stay planned for August AKV club level and value studios. I was so bummed when I made the decision to cancel and bank the points. I'm suffering planning withdrawals right now.
I feel that pain. Those rooms are so hard to score.
All this will just make the next trip sweeter.

Last edited:
I feel that pain. Those rooms are so hard to score.
All this will just make the next trip sweeter.
I hope that I can somehow get lucky enough to score those rooms again. The crazy part was that I was able to book them at 8 months. It just took a few days to piece it all together.

Just wondering . . . although I am not in the market for adding points, I receive emails from some of the resellers' sites and glance at them more often than just deleting them. Frankly, I have been astonished to see that most of the contracts for sale are stripped (today I saw some that would not have any points available until 2022!) and the price per point was definitely not a "bargain". Have you also noticed this pattern?

Greetings!

I thought I’d create a MA DVC members board since it seems like there are many of us here in the Dis forums. It might be fun and informative to have our own little space to chat about upcoming trips and everything DVC,

Looking forward to "meeting you" and chatting with everyone.

WELCOME HOME!
Hello I am from North Andover Mass

Just wondering . . . although I am not in the market for adding points, I receive emails from some of the resellers' sites and glance at them more often than just deleting them. Frankly, I have been astonished to see that most of the contracts for sale are stripped (today I saw some that would not have any points available until 2022!) and the price per point was definitely not a "bargain". Have you also noticed this pattern?
I haven't owned DVC for long (became a member in 2018) but I too periodically check out the sites for resales and also see a lot of stripped down contracts. I have no data to actually back this up, but I feel like a lot of the stripped down contracts are SSR and AKV. I closed in early April on an AKV resale contract and paid the same amount per point for a contract with all the points incl. some banked that I see stripped down contracts selling for. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I've also noticed that some sites seem to be cheaper per point than others. Does that sound right? If not, perhaps it's just specific contracts I'm looking at.

Anyway, hope everyone is staying healthy and safe! Btw, I'm very grateful to report we did not see any snow where I am in NJ today, but in talking to some family in Boston, I know some parts of MA saw snow which is mind blowing!

Greetings!

I thought I’d create a MA DVC members board since it seems like there are many of us here in the Dis forums. It might be fun and informative to have our own little space to chat about upcoming trips and everything DVC,

Looking forward to "meeting you" and chatting with everyone.

WELCOME HOME!
I'd love to join!

Hello fellow DVC’ers from Billerica. New to Massachusetts, originally from upstate NY. Original bought in 1993, loved those free tickets, then resale in 2008. Original at OKW @nd then SSR. We are seniors and really enjoying the every other year trips with our two daughters and families which include 4 grandkids 3 and under. They are the reason we moved to Massachusetts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter