Masks Never Bothered Me Anyway-An August 2020 TR *Completed 2/26*

We Missed You Too Living with the Land

After we left the Imagination Pavilion, J and I found a quiet out of the way place to take a drink. Drinking was a weirdly stressful thing to do, because you had to find a place away from others, and I then I felt rushed to take a sip as quickly as possible, and put my mask back on. Now, no one every bothered us, but I always felt like I was doing something wrong and someone was going to tell us to put our masks back on. As we stopped for our 2 second water break, we heard some commotion over in the grassy area between Imagination and the Land. We walked over and Pooh was our trying to catch some butterflies.

It was a little more crowded in this area than I liked, so we didn’t stay long. When we got to the Land, All traffic into the land was routed to the right, which I found very helpful considering it’s always kind of chaotic in there.

Awesome Planet was showing, we had never see the film that was here before, so we decided to stop.

It was okay, I really like Planet Earth and shows like that (the videos were beautiful), but I would probably skip it in the future. We stopped at Living with the Land next.

We had to walk through the entire plexiglass queue, but it was a walk on. There was also plastic dividers between the rows on the boats.

Missed you too Living with the Land

It’s impossible for me to pass this and not take a picture.

These pumpkins are so cool.

We seemed to have lucked out, because the CM was ready to sanitize the boats when we got back to the station. Rides were being sanitized every 2 hours. They would sanitize all ride vehicles at once and then the cycle the ride, this could add 10-20 minutes on to the wait time depending on the ride.

Our final ride in the Land was at Soarin. It was so strange to literally walk to the preshow area. They were only putting one or two groups in the normal waiting area, so we had to wait against the back wall.

After our flight around the world, we decided to head out. Here is what the pavilion looked like just before 5pm.

Our tour around Epcot led us to our next destination at the Seas pavilion. We saw a PP out, so we had to stop for some pictures. I don’t think J was pleased.

We took a trip under the sea and with perfect timing too, they had just finished a sanitizing cycle so we swam right into a freshly cleaned clamshell.

Last edited:

What an awesome empty afternoon in Epcot. I love the idea of Pooh wandering around chasing butterflies- I was sad we never saw him out.

Sounds like a fun afternoon! So crazy seeing the Land SO empty!
It was definitely more peaceful in there than usual.

What an awesome empty afternoon in Epcot. I love the idea of Pooh wandering around chasing butterflies- I was sad we never saw him out.
It was definitely a happy surprise. I didn't think that's where Pooh and Joy were so I was happy to have stumbled upon it.

Down Came the Rain

After finding Nemo, we didn’t have much time before our dinner reservation, but we wanted to stop in the new pin trading store at the front of the park. We got to take the new bypass due to all the construction.

At least the construction walls are pretty.

We stopped in the new pin trading store so J could pick up some new pins. We also stopped outside so he could pin trade with a CM. She had some stanchions around her to keep distance and then he just pointed out which one he wanted to trade which she placed on the table and he dropped his trade into a bucket. It was completely Corona safe and we still got to have some fun interacting with the CM.

After our pin trading was over, we needed to trek back across the park for our dinner reservation at Via Napoli. We spied some left over topiaries from Flower and Garden out.

The sky was looking quite ominous and we were hoping to make it there before the heavens opened.

Had to taken advantage of some almost people-less pictures of the China pavilion.

When we got to Via Napoli it was so strange to not see the lobby area flooded with people.

We were checked in and led straight to our table, which was the long one in the center of the dining room.

There were no menus, we had to scan for the menu.

I went with my usual Carciofi and J had the pepperoni kid pizza. I loved it just as I always do. This was J’s first time and he was not a fan sadly. We could hear the rain really starting to come down outside, but we donned our rain jackets and braved the rain.

The rain slowed to a drizzle and we tried to decide what to do next.

The original goal was to try and hit all the attractions, but that probably wouldn’t happen with Test Track being down. I think frozen had about a 40 minute wait, so we got in line.

This is the first time I saw someone without a mask. I could hear the two CMs stressing out about what to do. The women completely ignored them and continued to walk to the fastpass part of the line, as the CMs were debating on calling a supervisor the CM at the entrance of the ride also told the woman to wear a mask. It was a little chaotic but eventually she put it on. Thankfully, the number of people I saw without a mask or wearing one improperly was very few and the CMs were always on top of it.

The wait for Frozen moved quickly. The one thing I noticed while waiting for attractions was that no matter how long the line was it was always constantly moving, so they never seemed too bad. Sadly, we had bad timing here and were delayed an extra 10 minutes due to a cleaning cycle right before we were about to get on. Plus side was that we got another fresh ride vehicle to ride in.

After our ride on Frozen, the rain had stopped but the thunder and lightening continued, so we would have to skip Test Track. We saw a CM outside the Mexico pavilion and stopped for our final PP of the evening.

J was very excited to try Mission Space orange side for the first time. I was very nervous, the last thing I wanted was to be covered in J’s puke, but we pressed on. It was another walk on and they really had us “spaced” out in the preshow area :rotfl2: .

J was the commander, and even though we only had two people in our pod, we somehow completed a successful mission. J was very pleased by the ride, didn’t even feel sick at all. We had one final attraction to get to this evening, Spaceship Earth. The rain had really started coming down again, and the maze of walls made it difficult, but we eventually made it.

For some reason J’s face never shows up at the end, and he is always so let down by it. I figure there was no one it would work with the masks on, but it did, sort of..

At least only half of his face is missing, instead of the whole thing.

Even though the park would be open for another hour, we were pretty much done. I stopped in Guest services to find out about transportation since the skyliner would be down the remainer of the night due to the weather. We also stopped in the makeshift Mouse Gear, it was a little more crowded than I would have liked so we made the trip as quick as possible. I don’t remember exactly what we bought other than the tie dye Mickey facemask for myself. We made our way out for the night.

Getting back to CBR was a huge pain in the butt. Riviera, Pop, and CBR were all sharing buses since the Skyliner was down. The line was absolutely massive and the buses were coming slow at first. We had to wait for about 5 buses to come before we were able to get on.

Despite the rough end, we had an amazing first day. I was super happy with the safety procedures and people’s compliance. I never really uncomfortable or unsafe the entire time since stepping foot on property. I was quite worried about wearing a facemask for so long in the Florida heat and humidity, but it honestly didn’t bother me at all. We ended up changing masks after dinner, and we followed the after a meal get a new mask rule the entire trip. It made things easier on us. Overall, I was unsure if everything would impede from us being able to enjoy ourselves but it didn’t at all. It was a great start to our trip.

Last edited:

Sounds like a great afternoon/evening at Epcot, even with all the rain!

That PP you got in Mexico came out super cool and a little creepy!

What a fun trip so far! How many masks did you bring?
Sorry I know this is super delayed, been away from Disboards for awhile. We brought three masks per day, I need they would get sweaty and nasty, so the plan was to switch out after lunch and after dinner.

Backside of Water!

J and I were up bright and early this morning because we had a breakfast reservation to get to. We drove over to the Polynesian. It was so weirdly quiet there, I have never seen that parking lot so empty. We ended up leaving our car there all day, which I figured it would be fine since the resort was only open for DVC and I didn’t feel like we would be taking any guests spots.

There was not a single guest in the lobby, just CMs. It was eerily quiet, even for the morning.

We checked in for our breakfast at Kona Café and had our temperatures taken. We were seated pretty quickly, and scanned for our menu.

I went with my usual, Tonga Toast.

J went with the Mickey waffles.

I always asked if I got the French press, if I could take the remainder to go and was told yes, so I got a whole French press to myself. Even though I felt my Tonga Toast was lacking in bananas, even not great Tonga Toast is still pretty dang good. J really enjoyed his pancakes and overall it was a pretty great start to our day.

We got our bags checked and temperatures taken again before boarding the monorail.

We got on the newly refurbished Peach Monorail.

We passed the Grand Floridian, where all those NBA players were staying. I sent a text to the only friend who knew I was in Disney, knowing that her Dallas Mavericks loving boy would think it was cool.

We saw the almost completed walkway from GF to MK.

When we got to MK I immediately rented a locker. I had brought a change of clothes for us since the one thing I hate is sweating through my shirts and then having to wear them all day. Typically we would take a midday break, but with the shortened hours, we were staying all day.

I was super nervous/excited to see the new Cinderella castle. I was not fan based on pictures I had seen, but I like to make final judgements when I see things in person.

Still brings tears to my eyes when I see it for the first time on a trip. But let’s get a closer look.

I don’t love it, but I don’t hate it either. I think it looks WAY better in person for sure. The iridescent purple/blue spires look stunning with the sun shining on them. But the pink…meh.

Even though the park didn’t officially open for another ten minutes, all the lands were open to spread out the crowds. We were headed to Adventureland.

Our first ride of the day would be Jungle Cruise. Even though you could get in line for rides, they weren’t running them until official open time.

After about a ten minute wait, we were boarding our boat for our cruise through the jungle, physically distant of course.

Of all the rides, I think this is the one that is most adversely effected by the COVID measures. It was still fun of course, but not the same level of fun that we normally have on the ride. Backside of water is still great though.

Last edited:
Sorry I know this is super delayed, been away from Disboards for awhile. We brought three masks per day, I need they would get sweaty and nasty, so the plan was to switch out after lunch and after dinner.
No worries- Trying to figure out how many mask we’ll need! Great update!

Off to Work We Go

We took our morning pretty leisurely, so we stopped for a PP picture.

Next, we were headed into Frontierland.

No crowds

We were headed to Splash next.

5 minute wait meant it was actually a walk on.

We got a whole boat to ourselves.

Sadly this picture did not show up in our PP account. Even though we never took our masks off, this happened quite a few times. Even if your nose is peaking out, which only happened by accident because of the force of the ride, you still don’t get your picture:sad1:.

The line for the gift shop at the end of Splash was insane, so even though I would have loved to pick up some Splash merch, we skipped it. We stayed in Frontierland, for a ride on BTMRR. The wait was 10 minutes, and it was about that long.

I’ve only waited in the regular queue once before, so it was nice to take in little details.

This here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness.

We had a great time on the ride, and needed to decide what to do next. While we were walking through Frontierland, the Mickey Mouse cavalcade began.

I have seen a lot of people saying that they like these surprise cavalcades better than parades. I think they are super fun and cute, but I do not think they replace a full out parade. Seeing Mickey and the gang did put a smile behind our masks though.

Our next ride we headed toward was Haunted Mansion. I tried to get a cute picture with J and his HM backpack, but J had other ideas:rotfl2:.

HM was another walk on, but it was sad to skip the stretching room.

Next it was time to head into Fantasyland. Both Peter Pan and iasw were 30 minute waits. I don’t know about you, but I need to be paid good money to wait 30 money for iasw, so off to Neverland we went.

The wait was more like 10 minutes, we have only been through the regular queue one other time and I was excited to check it out. The line constantly moved, so it didn’t really work out, but that’s okay too.

We saw that Seven Dwarfs only had a 45 minute wait. I wasn’t sure if we should wait to see if the waits dropped later in the day. Then I remembered my cardinal rule I forgot the night before, ride outside rides during the day. Every day of our trip we were forecasted to have rain, and the night before we missed out on Test Track because of that. I would not make the same mistake again, so we got in line. We pulled out our fans and settled in for the wait.

Physical Distancing markers

This is another queue I have only done one other time. Sadly, the interactive elements were turned off.

Off to work we go

He’s getting braver, hands up!

We actually got our ride picture for this one.

Last edited:
I know it's not like that anymore, which makes me sad. We are so grateful to be able to experience the parks in this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter