Mary Kay Problems

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I went to a Mary Kay pampering party last Saturday. I bought the Time Wise Miracle Set for combo skin along with the Hydrating Gel. Things were going great until I started noticing that I had really dry patches (think flaking and peeling skin). Tonight I did my regimen and got burning sensations when I put the Hydrating Gel on. I noticed it did this slightly yesterday around the same time.

My face feels very smooth, but also very dry. It is burning a bit and red. What should I do? Should I switch to something else from Mary Kay? Do you think it is the Hydrating Gel or something else? :guilty:

My opinion? You are allergic to something in the product. I would contact the Mary Kay consultant and ask her about her/her customers experiences with the product and if you can get a refund/exchange for a hypo-allergenic product that is similar.

:) Howdy. I have used Mary Kay makeup-base, powder, mascara, lipstick, eyeliner daily for years. It is the only makeup I use. However, Icannot use any of their Cleansers or moisturizers. My skin is dry and everything that I have tried in the Timewise line makes me drier. The eye makeup remover really burns. So I only use Dove or Pond's to remove my makeup and use Aveeno lotion. So I am in love with the makeup--hate Timewise and the products before that....and I have tried them 2-3 times over the years thinking that maybe they adjusted the formula and I could use the entire line--no such luck. Wish you the best though, just wanted you to know you are not alone.:wave2: I would definitely discontinue the product and see if the consultant can let you try the makeup line instead. Is this your first time with MK??

Yes, this is my first time using MK ever. I was really loving it until 2-3 days ago when I noticed I was getting a bit drier than usual and it was burning a bit. I have what I think is considered combination skin. It is usually oily around my nose area and dry on my forehead.

I am starting to wonder if the Time Wise cleanser and products are causing it now. I honestly don't know which to stop using.

:) My Mom has combination skin and cannot use the Timewise either. I have an 18 year old neice who has oily skin and uses it to cleanse her skin and thinks it is better than Proactive for her acne. That tells me that there are some pretty strong astrigent chemicals in the Timewise line. Becasue I have dry skin and only get a pimple every other month or so it was just too strong. So in my case the DayRadiance Foundation (with SPF) is my choice of foundation and that is what my Mom uses, too. I am 40 and she is 65 ( just to let you know our ages and how that may relate to skin type). So for us that particular foundation does not dry us out and really gives good coverage. Again my experience is that the Timewise may be the issue and not the make-up. :confused3 I would do a gentle cleansing at night with a moisturizer and then moisturizer in the morning before the make-up. Let your skin rest and see how it goes. If in a week it is still burning or worse it my be the line.

Merle Norman use to dry me out a bit, Clinique was good for me because of the good moisturizer, Bare Essentials did not give me enough coverage no matter how many times I "swirled and tapped". I find that MK gives me the perfect coverage lighter than Merle Norman and more than Bare Essentials. That is why I use it esclusively.

I do not sell MK or anything like that, I am a nurse. The best skin care line I have found is Alloette (sp?) but it was too expensive and too many steps--but it was fantastic.

Perhaps it's the hydrating gel. I've used TimeWise Miracle Set minus the gel and it's worked really well. Of course, I'm trying to save money and am looking for a cheaper equivalent. Not having much luck though.

I have very dry skin and the Timewise line did nothing for me. After a few days, I was like you--flaky and irritated, as if I had just been using some cheap moisturizer. I was also red but I don't think it was an allergy--just highly irritated from being very dry.

I was irritated with the Mary Kay people because they just rave about this product line for dry skin. I'm thinking that those people don't know what dry skin is.

The only products that I can use is their lipstick, lip gloss, tinted moisturizer and hand cream. The skin care lines really irritate my skin.

Hi! I am a MK consultant so I strongly recommend that you contact your consultant and she should be able to help you. If she can't then her sales director definitely should. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee so you will be refunded if they can't resolve the issue or if that's the avenue you want to take now. I would suggest removing one element from your routine at a time to see if that is what is irritating your skin.
:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter