Martinique

Chemist

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 4, kids ages 5 and 10.
We are going to be in Martinique in July on the Disney Fantasy. (11 night, Southern Caribbean)

I'd love suggestions for excursions.

Specifically, I'm looking for independent excursions. There aren't many offered by Disney. I don't see my kids being interested in sightseeing in the heat, and my little guy is too young for many anyway.

The bat cave looks interesting. That's probably my number 1 choice. I'd rather do it on my own, I think.
(Or not, the Disney ones are generally easier.)

I'd love to hear what others have done.

We did the banana plantation one through Disney and really enjoyed it.

Reviving this thread for same purpose, same itinerary a year later.

Anyone been to St Pierre in Martinique?
Its a place I want to visit as one of my favorite artists lived there briefly (Gauguin)... there's a small museum dedicated to him.
I wanted to book the Volcano port adventure with DCL but its fully booked.

Anyone rented a car there and driven around? Is what I'm planning on doing as rest of my party is going to a port adventure I wasn't interested in.

Any input is appreciated

At one point we were planning on booking the Southern in January that goes to Martinique and my plan was to use their ferries, called "Vedettes Tropicales" to go across the bay. There's some villages and beaches there that I thought might be fun to check out. We ended up booking the other souther itinerary though that doesn't include Martinique, so I never really fleshed out those plans.

We're going on the Southern Caribbean in January that includes Martinique and we booked a small group tour with Karambole Tours that includes a visit to St. Pierre.

We are going on this cruise, silver castaway club members which put us at the bottom of the barrel for booking. This will be my first time booking excursions on my own but there just weren't any left that we wanted. I found one in Martinique that I'm actually really excited for. We booked through Trip Advisor. It's called the Unmissable Martinique tour and the local tour company it's through is Beyond the Beach which has good reviews. You get to visit a rum distillery, see a black sand beach, and the ruins at St. Pierre. I learned about the volcano while researching so I'm quite glad we found this. My kids are 10 and 5.

We are going on this cruise, silver castaway club members which put us at the bottom of the barrel for booking. This will be my first time booking excursions on my own but there just weren't any left that we wanted. I found one in Martinique that I'm actually really excited for. We booked through Trip Advisor. It's called the Unmissable Martinique tour and the local tour company it's through is Beyond the Beach which has good reviews. You get to visit a rum distillery, see a black sand beach, and the ruins at St. Pierre. I learned about the volcano while researching so I'm quite glad we found this. My kids are 10 and 5.

I'm so excited about this cruise, so many new ports I've never been to and im especially LF to Martinique as I love French culture.
I really want to go see the volcano, I'm still in shock it killed 30,000 ppl.. the worst volcano eruption in the last 120 years...
there's so many independent tours out there I decided I'll just disembark, look for a car rental and if not too expensive will just rent for a few hours and head over to St Pierre. seems to be a lot of cool places to go there.
10 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter