Marriott Max Occupancy?

bfost87

Northern DIS'er
I just had a quick question regarding max occupancy (central Florida/Orlando area) for Marriott properties? Are they quite strict on max occupancy? We are trying to plan a trip on points, and we have 3 adults, one 3 year old and one infant (will turn 1 during the trip), but we're not sure about the max occupancy numbers. Will they really enforce the max 4 people, if one of those people is a one year old in a crib?

Do you really want to have 3 Adults & 2 small children in One Room ?

No Privacy & little sleep if the little ones need feeding etc .

You are spending a Lot of hard earned money on your vacation so

be good to your selves go for 2 rooms And cut back on souvenirs

I just had a quick question regarding max occupancy (central Florida/Orlando area) for Marriott properties? Are they quite strict on max occupancy? We are trying to plan a trip on points, and we have 3 adults, one 3 year old and one infant (will turn 1 during the trip), but we're not sure about the max occupancy numbers. Will they really enforce the max 4 people, if one of those people is a one year old in a crib?
Marriott offers everything from traditional hotel rooms to timeshare properties with multiple bedrooms. Max occupancy would vary a lot depending on what you are considering booking.

If you need space around Disney, there is a wealth of accommodations at all price points so you can be comfortable with your stay.

Maximum occupancy is determined by fire code regulations for safety .
I expect the hotel / resort would follow legal coding .
Have you called or looked at the floor plan online?

There are two versions of the question.

One version is: What does the hotel allow by policy? You can call them to get the answer to that. The other version is: If I bring more people than the room allows, will I get caught? Personally, I would not risk it.

Stay at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. Cheaper than some of the Marriott “hotel” properties, and you can get a suite with plenty of room.

OP is staying on points. Springhill Suites, Residence Inn and I think Towne Place have rooms (suites) with 2Q and a sofa bed. Put 3A 2C when you make your reservation.

Some of the rooms have 1K and a sofa bed. You need to be careful, availability at the lowest point requirement may vary. Many properties charge for parking. A few might have a resort fee.

The 3 I mentioned include breakfast.

Last edited:

Call the hotel for clarification on occupancy limits, and how they count infants.

The Marriott website also clearly posts room occupancy. It should be easy to find one that will accommodate your group just by putting your group in the room search.

If you are looking to keep points costs minimal, searching the points cost of 2 rooms is another option available via the Marriott website.

Last edited:
Concentrate on Springhill Suites, Residence Inns and Townplace Suites…they all offer rooms that sleep six. We love the Residence Inn by SeaWorld as well as the Springhill Suites on Palm Parkway.

Hope this helps!

Hey all! Thanks for the input - Infants count towards occupancy (ie it's not a "Bed Occupancy" it's a "Room Occupancy").

SpringHill Suites and Home 2 Suites it is! :)

Home 2 Suites is Hilton, not Marriott. If you are staying on Marriott points, you want SpringHill, Residence Inn or Towneplace Suites.

Home 2 Suites is Hilton, not Marriott. If you are staying on Marriott points, you want SpringHill, Residence Inn or Towneplace Suites.
I'm staying on both Marriott and Hilton points (this question was originally about Marriott but I went off-script by introducing Hilton into the conversation).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter