Marriott Cypress Harbour

SheWhoMustBeObeyed

Earning My Ears
Ok, I have read some good reviews of this place here, but would love to know any experiences with travel from this resort to/from WDW. We usually stay on-property, and have stayed at the Westgate properties, but did NOT want to stay there again. I know we are a little farther out this time. So any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch!:thanks:

CH is 2 exits on I-4 from westgate. The entrance to I-4 from CH is a right and a left. Depending on the park your going to, you can be in the lot and parked in 15 minutes.

It's pretty easy to get to any of the Disney facilities from Cypress Harbour. As Ed J suggested, the entrance ramp to I-4 is close at hand - about a half mile from the resort. You can also avoid I-4 by going down Westwood Blvd to International Drive and then following that to SR 536 which takes you right into, or out of, Disney property. Or go down I-Drive to Vineland Road and then quickly over to the Downtown Disney area.

Some rough estimates of Disney mileages from Cypress Harbour...
5 miles to Downtown Disney
7 miles to Typhoon Lagoon
8 miles to Hollywood Studios
8 miles to the BoardWalk complex
9 miles to the Sports complex
9 miles to Epcot
10 miles to the Magic Kingdom
10 miles to Animal Kingdom
10 miles to Blizzard Beach

Other attractions that are nearby...
the resort is in the SeaWorld neighborhood - about 1 mile away
SeaWorld's Aquatica waterpark is 2 miles
Wet n' Wild 6-7 miles
Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure - 7 miles

Cypress Harbour is a very nice resort and well located for all of the Orlando-area attractions. If you haven't stayed at a Marriott timeshare resort before I think you're in for a treat. If you have stayed in one you'll get the quality MVC experience that you've had at other Marriott resorts.

Dick Taylor

We stayed there in October. It's WONDERFUL! When we arrived we weren't sure if we even wanted to leave to go to Disney. Our longest drive was to the MK at about 15 minutes. We never ran into traffic in the mornings. We're looking forward to staying there for 2 weeks in 2012.

Sea World is literally down the street.

Cypress Harbour is our favorite Marriott Vacation club resort in Orlando - probably my favorite resort in Orlando (and I own DVC!).

We always go the back way on Turkey Lake Road/Palm Parkway to go to Downtown Disney from Cypress Harbour.

We are staying at Marriott Cypress Harbour 2/27 to 3/6. We are renting a car at MCO. Where is there a Publix or Wynn Dixie Grocery store on the way from the airport, or closeby?

if you make a right out of the resort, go to the first light make another right, go down about a mile and a half there is a Publix on the right. I've read there is also one if you make a left out of the resort, but I've never been to that one.

if you make a right out of the resort, go to the first light make another right, go down about a mile and a half there is a Publix on the right. I've read there is also one if you make a left out of the resort, but I've never been to that one.

That's the closest Publix but it's a smallish store with a smaller selection that the newer, larger stores. The closest full-sized Publix is only a lit bit further away. From the resort entrance turn left onto Westwood Boulevard and continue to its end at International Drive. Turn right onto I-Drive and go about a mile. Publix is in the shopping center on the right behind a Walgreens that's on International Drive. Total of about 2 miles from resort to store.

Dick Taylor

That's the closest Publix but it's a smallish store with a smaller selection that the newer, larger stores. The closest full-sized Publix is only a lit bit further away. From the resort entrance turn left onto Westwood Boulevard and continue to its end at International Drive. Turn right onto I-Drive and go about a mile. Publix is in the shopping center on the right behind a Walgreens that's on International Drive. Total of about 2 miles from resort to store.

Dick Taylor
We stayed at Marriott Grand Vista in 2008, so I think I know where the Publix is behind Walgreens, I just didn't know where Marriott Cypress Harbor was. My sis picked out the resort for us since she had points banked that she couldn't use. She gave us the points to celebrate my husband's 65th birthday which is March 2nd.

We stayed at Marriott Grand Vista in 2008, so I think I know where the Publix is behind Walgreens, I just didn't know where Marriott Cypress Harbor was. My sis picked out the resort for us since she had points banked that she couldn't use. She gave us the points to celebrate my husband's 65th birthday which is March 2nd.

Your sister did a great job in picking out a resort, you should enjoy the place.

Yes, that's the same Publix behind a Walgreen's that you'd have seen or visited when you were at Grande Vista. Cypress Harbour is about a mile and a half from Grande Vista, both in the SeaWorld neighborhood.

We're back at Cypress Harbour from Feb 18 to March 1 this year. Have a great birthday celebration!

Dick Taylor

going there this Feb too - my date is Feb 28 for a week.

it is pretty wonderfully - have not stayed there yet - but send my cousin to it a couple of years ago and they loved it more than OKW.

they stayed in a 2-bedroom in both places - so it was fair review,

I just wanted to add that Marriott Cypress Habour is one of the nicest places I have ever stayed. I've stayed there twice.

Wow, 3 DIS families there at the same time. We are doing R&R, to get away from the cold weather in NJ. We have AP's to the Disney Parks, but will use this special gift from my sister and brother-in-law to enjoy the fine restaurants at WDW. We have reservations at California Grill for the actual birthday date of March 2nd. We are D23 members and are waiting for registration to open up for the March 5th party at MK. If the cost is reasonable, we will cancel CG and go for the D23 private party. Yippee.
That night March 5th we are moving over to the Polynesian for one night before we go home on March 6th.
Michele

Thank you all very much for your replies! I like knowing the area a little bit before I get there! We will be there the 1st week of June. This is also the first time we have been to WDW during this time of the year, so the more planning I can do, the better! Does anybody have any room location recommendations? I will have 2 boys with me - 17 and 13 - who may like to explore the resort on their own, but at the same time, I would like a location that's somewhat quiet and "out of the way" of heavy foot traffic flow. Thanks again for answering all my questions! I just can't wait!!:woohoo:

Detailor posted this link in another thread

http://timeshares.marriott-vacation...resorts/marriott-cypress-harbour/pdfs/map.pdf

It's a map of the place, I have stayed at building # 51 and was happy with its close distance from the bar / pool / eats etc. Next trip we're going to ask for 65 as we liked the pool over there a bit better. Let me see if I can find some photos of the place for yah.

IMG00530.jpg

Looking out of the back of building 51

IMG00526.jpg

I like staying here cause I catch fish in the lake, the boys might be interested in that

IMG00527.jpg

Living room towards kitchen shot

IMG00535.jpg

Outside eating area at the restaurant

IMG00529.jpg

Master bath

IMG00484.jpg

And the place is only a short ride to memories like these

IMG00520.jpg

IMG00522.jpg

Does anybody have any room location recommendations? I will have 2 boys with me - 17 and 13 - who may like to explore the resort on their own, but at the same time, I would like a location that's somewhat quiet and "out of the way" of heavy foot traffic flow.

Here's an online map of the resort...https://www.my-vacationclub.com/common/respages/pdf/resorts/cy/cy_sitemap.pdf.

After a few stays at the resort, I think that buildings 50 through 54 (bottom of the map) are the least out-of-the-way as they're the buildings on either side of the main clubhouse pool area. 55, 56 and 57 are more secluded but there's a bit of staff traffic through there (note the location of the Housekeeping building that's sort of between these buildings). I'd think that the most out of the way buildings are those toward the top of the map and would suggest 68 and 69 as being off the beaten path. With all that said, we always stayed in building 62 at the left end of the lake. There's a lot of activity around that building because of the adjacency to the Bayside Activities center but you don't really get much noise from that. One of the nice things about that building is its location next to the Bayside Pool that is about as close to a private pool that it gets. We've often been down there with nobody there other than our family and at the most we've shared the facility with three or four other families.

I also agree with Ed J that building 65 has a nice location near the Island Pool complex but there are trees that create a nice buffer between the building and the pools. Cypress Harbour has the most mature and full landscaping of any of the 20+ timeshare resorts that we've stayed at over the years and that gives it a nice laid back feeling while providing all of the typical activities that you're boys would expect from a top-notch timeshare resort like this one.

Dick Taylor

IMG00469.jpg

That is the only photo I have of the front of the building, you can see the walk ways, but not the front doors. You enter the front door into a foyer, there is a bedroom a laundry room and a hall to the dining area off the entrance, no second door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter