Marie and Steve's 2007 Florida Holiday

Thanks for sharing your trip reports so far, Marie. I'm so pleased that you liked the AKL. Your pics bring back very happy memories for me.

Laur's princess:

Great to see your back. Can't wait to read the rest of your trippie. Would you recommend AKL? What was the construction like? We have booked for Nov but I wasn't sure whether to move due to the building work.
You had a great view though and the hotel does look amazing!

I honestly can't rave about AKL enough - it is hands down the must gorgeous hotel i have ever seen!!!! I don't think i would be able to recreate that initial feeling of walking through those lobby doors. My husband doesn't get excited, period. He was jumping up and down with excitement.

The hotel atmosphere is relaxing, you are surrounded by beauty!!

We had absolutely no problems with construction at all. We specifically asked to be moved away from it but, even in the lobby, swimming pool, mara there was no noise.

Don't switch resorts - we had the option and i am sooooo glad we didn't! There is a trip report knocking around by Flossbolna and her photos are fantastic.

I'm loving your trip report Marie. Can't wait to read more and see the photo's.:yay:

Marie, reallt enjoying your trip report, can't wait to see your pics! At least you did not have to travel far to Belfast International:) I work at Aldergrove too.

Not Yet!!!!!! I am trying though. I was thinking about trying another resort but i don't think i could do without Animal Kingdom now!!

If you liked AKL why don't you try WL it's a great place to be at! It's like AKL with the layout but it has a better location (on the lake next to the MK) You get such a great vib from that place! = ] But sadly there is no animals but the pool is amazing! Really enjoying you'r Trip Report tho! = ]

Hi Everyone,

Sorry i haven't posted anything for a while - i've been busily looking for a new job and organising the house move ready for moving back to Oxfordshire next week!!!

I'm back in full force now!

Day two dawned very, very early. It was a little after 5 when i finally gave up trying to sleep and bounced out of bed. Tigger would have been proud!! i was so excited (not to mention jet-lagged) We were here, it was going to be a beautiful day.

DH was already awake and trying to annoy me into waking up, as usual!

I skipped around our (very beautiful:goodvibes ) Hotel room (picture the scene in Cinderella, there were pretty tweeting birds tying ribbons in my hair, little mice in cute little dresses polishing my shoes) I went over to the window and threw back the curtains.........................

It was raining!!

No..........actually.............there was a full blown monsoon raging over my balcony!!

I resisted the urge to climb back into bed, pull the covers over my head and cry!!!:sad1: :sad1:

I realised at this stage our day needed a little rethinking.

There was absolutely no way i was spending my first day in Orlando in the rain in one of the parks. I have this very idealised first day in my head and one of the main features is the bright blue sky and big fluffy white clouds. Now, my first day this year was not going to be Disney. In 2006 i had unconditionally fallen in love with Seaworld. The main reason for this infatuation was this wonderful friend that i made on our first visit...

Feedingthedolphins.jpg

Isn't my DH really clever, i can never take photos of this quality!

As far as i am concerned, you can not wish for the day that you can go back to see your new found dolphin friends and then have it spoiled by the rain.

By the way, don't worry Disney fans, my infatuation (fickle as i am) has now changed. I am now longing for my walk down Main Street USA (as is only right and proper!). More on that later............

Marie,
Not only has your DH taken an excellent photo, he managed to capture a tiny hidden Mickey--in the glint of sunlight at the top just left of center. There's your Disney magic on the first day.

I can't beleive i didn't notice that!!!

I'm pretty sure that there was alot of Disney magic working for us - despite the rain. It really was an amazing holiday

We took our time getting ready - i stil haven't figured out what Disney activity can be undertaken at 5 in the morning so i was in no hurry to leave the hotel room. Besides, anyone who has stayed in Animal Kingdom Lodge will know, the room are gorgeous and i wanted to soak it all in for a little longer!

I want to rave a little bit about some really random things;

1) Mickey toiletries. I have never stayed anywhere with such lovely cosmetics

2) I loved the wallpaper in the bathroom - the map of Africa!

3) The beds in the room were sooo comfy! I slept so well the whole holiday (the fact that i was knackered the whole time is besides the point!!)

The plan was this;

We had reservations for breakfast in Boma for 7.30am. Originally i had made them for 8.30 but moved them forwards due to the anticipated early morning. We would head for breakfast and decide what we were going to do then.

For anyone who hasn't eaten at Boma before, it is now one of my must do's for every holiday. All morning, on the balcony, waiting for the reasonable time to go down to breakfast, i was tormented by the smell of bacon. This was made all the more random by the fact that we were on Kudu trail and therefore nowhere near the kitchens!!

The food is divine, IMHO it is the best breakfast buffet on site. It carries all the obligatory breakfast foods. Eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, pancakes. The breakfast potatoes were amazing. They have a huge range of cold things as well, youghurts, cereals, fresh fruits. The also do muffins and pastries as well. The cheese danishes were amazing.

The theming is also really really good. All the pods (were the food was served) were themed with thatched looking roofs. I really did enjoy that breakfast.

It was decided, between mouthfuls that we would use our first day to shop. We had planned to spend a down day shopping later on in the week. This way we could save that days sunshine and use the rubbish weather as a shopping day.

We decided to start at the top of I4 and work down, Mall at Milllenia, Florida Mall, Premium Outlets and then Downtown Disney Marketplace, followed by DTD West Side.

After breakfast, we called Valet for the car and headed out for our first full day in Orlando.

Next: Yippee the sun has come out, Eat your way around Epcot, Is Maelstrom a fastpass?? I'm Henery the eighth i am, Illuminations

Hi Marie

Enjoying your first full day so far. Sorry to hear about the weather but at least you have found something indoor to do - and what's more fun than shopping?! Boma breakfast sounds delicious.

Laur's princess:

I really do beleive that there are not very many things in life that are as much fun as shopping. Especially a shopping trip with a purpose.........my birthday. Thats right people, this whole shopping trip was about finding my birthday present!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

I have to admit - driving up I4 to Mall at Millenia was tinged with sadness.:sad1: I desperately wanted the sun to come out so that we could go to my beloved Sea World and all would be right with the world!!! No such luck - that dratted grey sky would not go away.

Mall at Millenia is a pretty funky mall. Granted, you need to have millions to be able to shop there but, it is lovely - it's just high end. Mall at Millenia had 2 alterior motives for me though. Tiffany and The Cheesecake Factory(both of equal importance)

My DH had promised me a look in Tiffany incase my perfect birthday present was waiting for me there. There were definate possibilities (isn't my DH wonderful!!)

For those of you who have a sweet tooth but, have not been to The Cheesecake Factory - it's a must. There must have been at least 40 different flavours of Cheesecake on display - heaven. I'm afraid i couldn't decide on just one so i got three!!!! Obviously not all for today - honest!!

On leaving the mall - the sun had come out!!:cool1: :cool1:

We decided not to risk a park yet, just incase the bad weather came back but to spend the day at Downtown Disney!! We would then head over to EPCOT for Illuminations.

I really like downtown disney. There's just such a good atmosphere, you can't fail to be happy wandering round taking in the sights. We watched a man in the glass shop workshop with a blowtorch, making ornaments (it was really impressive!) We went into the Art of Disney store and eyed up the sketches (possible birthday presents???) and went for an Ice cream sundae at Ghiradelli's. By this time it was about 3pm and after the mamoth travelling of the day before we decided that maybe it was time to go back to the hotel for a little rest - shopping is hard work you know.

Sounds like you had a lovely time shopping. The Cheesecake factory sounds yummy. Hope we will find out soon what you chose for your birthday present.

Laur's princess:

Hi to anyone still interested in reading my trip report:goodvibes

I'm sorry it's been so long since i posted anything but things have been a little crazy in the last couple of months.

We have now moved from Northern Ireland back to England and are now back living in sunny Carterton (just west of Oxford). I start my new job tomorrow so i am all excited!!!

I am now completely settled so i will be able to finish my TR!!

I hope you all stay with me and i don't bore you too much!!

Now........... where was I?...............................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter