Margaritaville Resort Orlando

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Dominic Pellittieri, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Dominic Pellittieri

Dominic Pellittieri Earning My Ears

Has anybody stayed at this new resort close to Disney property?

2. J'aime Paris

J'aime Paris Living happily ever after

I have not. But I'd be interested in comments from those who have.
    I saw a youtube video of it and it looks amazing!
    We are gonna stop by in March when in Orlando to take a closer look.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ParkHopperFan

ParkHopperFan Mouseketeer

I believe that I saw the same video. The hotel looks very nice but the cottages weren't so appealing to me. Very cramped. I looked up the pricing online. Some of the five bedroom cottages are renting for $1000 per night. Yikes! I considered maybe moving our December stay from Windsor Hills to Margaritaville but not at that price.

5. 1911

1911 DIS Dad #856

The Timtracker just did a vlog on it, looks nice but is still not finished.

Wild4Walt, Monykalyn and Dallas_Lady like this.
  6. Yarbogash

Yarbogash Mouseketeer

I was interested but after reading that they opened with so much stuff unfinished and were charging full rates and fees, no thanks.
    And yeah those cottage prices are nuts imho.

7. Ksquared

Ksquared Mouseketeer

We had booked 1 night there for April before our cruise but after reading reviews from people who have stayed there, I cancelled and booked Coronado Springs instead. Almost everyone said the resort will be awesome once it's fully finished. They kept pushing back the grand opening and I called several times asking if the waterpark would be completed but they still don't have any info. on it which leads me to believe it wouldn't be open in April. One person said they wouldn't book there until at least the summer if that gives you any indication of how much still needs to be completed.

8. Dominic Pellittieri

Dominic Pellittieri Earning My Ears

Were looking to possibly stat there in April but I'm a little concerned as well that it won't be complete.

9. ParkHopperFan

ParkHopperFan Mouseketeer

Just an FYI.. The water park is not part of Margaritaville. It is a privately owned facility that will be charging for entrance. It's just out front along 192. Last we saw, it looked a long way from ready.

10. jennywren5

jennywren5 Earning My Ears

I just got back from a 3 day stay there and all I can say is AMAZING!! The rooms are gorgeous, the grounds are beautiful and tropical. The staff are so nice and accommodating, no request was too big, they were over the top nice and friendly in a good way. Yes, they are still under construction but the pool area is incredible, the loungers are padded and so comfortable and they each have their own little shade that can be put up (Lilly white girl from Canada here... not used to the sun, lol). We ate at 2 of their restaurants and the food was fantastic but $$, portions are big enough to share though which is what we did. They are building an even larger tiki style, swimup bar pool right now, that will have another dining option and live entertainment venue. The sunset walk is still very much under construction but is going to be amazing when it's done.. I think the dine in movie theatre is close to opening as well as a couple of other restaurants. The water park is going to be amazing and unlike any other in they way they are making it interactive with wristbands, you can customize the rides to play your favourite music, whatever colours you want to see and post pictures to social media. With regards to proximity to Disney, you can see Animal Kingdom Lodge from the resort. They also offer free shuttles to the parks. We even met Tim Tracker and saw Jimmy Buffet and heard him play a little mini concert!! I can't say enough good things about this place and it isn't even done yet! I will try to upload some pics.

Attached Files:

AllyReggie, Gr8t Fan and pattyw like this.
  11. jennywren5

jennywren5 Earning My Ears

some more pics

Attached Files:

AllyReggie, Gr8t Fan and pattyw like this.
  12. pattyw

pattyw DIS Veteran

Looks so nice!! Would love to stay there!!

13. Just People

Just People Lurker

I saw Tim Tracker's vlog. Since its so heavily marketed as private owner/time share I wonder if the employees are gonna be heavily pushing those options, especially as time goes on. Jimmy Buffett has been known to really like to make a buck or 2 whenever possible. :rolleyes:

14. snappy

snappy Survivor

Thanks for posting the photos!