***March 2020***

Several of us are holding out for this!! As of now, no plans to offer again but I hope they change their minds.
Yeah. I’m not really well-versed in this at all, but it seems like people are suggesting any future Early Morning Magic will be focused on Galaxy’s Edge. For me specifically, I’m a Disneyland weekly visitor, so special access to SWGE is not as important as riding SDD, ToT, RnRC, and the saucers. But those are all tier 1, which is annoying because it means I can’t avoid 60+ minute lines by booking FP+ for those rides. Seems like they’re trying to force DHS into a 2-day park, which it isn’t at all for me. The Extra Morning Magic is the only other way to make it happen. We’ll see, I guess. Fingers crossed!

... I was surprised how easily we were able to get the ADRs that we wanted considering we booked past the window opening. I had been prepared to not get any!

I was shocked too at how easy it was to get ADRs for everything I wanted during our trip, even though we booked at about 150 days out, rather than the full 180. Oga's had lots of availability, as did Be Our Guest.

Looks like we will be there from 3/13 - 3/22. It's Spring Break for us and our DD will turn 13 on 3/16. We offered her a Caribbean cruise, a week in Hawaii or Disney World and she chose Disney World. I still have to book our hotel etc but I'm leaning towards the Hilton Buena Vista Palace. It is significantly less expensive than the true "on site" hotels and allows us to extend our stay a bit. Booking through Costco basically gets us a two day pass to Universal for "free" if you consider the price difference between booking through Disney and booking through Costco.

I've tentatively planned:

3/13 - arrival
3/14 - MK
3/15 - Universal
3/16 - Epcot (at the request of the birthday girl)
3/17 - Universal
3/18 - Relax
3/19 - HS
3/20 - AK
3/21 - Relax or revisit a park
3/22 - home

I've made dinner reservations at BoG, Via Napoli and Prime Time and a lunch at Brown Derby for the Fantasmic FP.

Lots of plans for someone that hasn't booked the trip yet!

3/24/ 2020 to 3/27/2020 staying at pofq
We'll be there March 20-27 staying at POFQ. We're taking our DD and DSIL and 2 grandkids. Haven't been in about 5 years, so looking for ward to a fun time with everyone.

My parents and I are going on the Disney Dream cruise from 3/23 through 3/27. I let mom know that if we're going to be that close to Disney World, we should throw in some days there too. So we did!!

Going 3/18 through 3/23 and we are staying at POFQ, trying for building 5.. tickets start on 3/19. Celebrating my parents 50th anniversary and I will have my birthday while we are there. We haven't had a family vacation anywhere together since probably 1990?? The last time for all of us together at Disney would be in 1984. My parents haven't been since 1998! I can't wait to see their faces as to how much it has changed. I booked our ADR's a couple of weeks ago and was surprised at how many were available. We're on DDP.

3/19 -AK. Doing the ROL dinner package
3/20- Epcot. Eating at Rose & Crown at 7:40 for the fireworks
3/21- HS. Eating at 50's PTC because I thought my folks would get a kick out of the place!
3/22- MK. Eating lunch at BOG and dinner at 1900 PF. My folks may head out to Daytona this day but I will be at MK

They don't plan on riding many rides so I will be using single rider where I can if I don't have FP. Have park hopper too in case I see FP for something I really want to go on in another park.

I'm so excited! I'm also having guilt because my kids aren't going. They're adults but still... I guess if I bring them back something they'll be ok?? LOL

My parents and I are going on the Disney Dream cruise from 3/23 through 3/27. I let mom know that if we're going to be that close to Disney World, we should throw in some days there too. So we did!!

Going 3/18 through 3/23 and we are staying at POFQ, trying for building 5.. tickets start on 3/19. Celebrating my parents 50th anniversary and I will have my birthday while we are there. We haven't had a family vacation anywhere together since probably 1990?? The last time for all of us together at Disney would be in 1984. My parents haven't been since 1998! I can't wait to see their faces as to how much it has changed. I booked our ADR's a couple of weeks ago and was surprised at how many were available. We're on DDP.

3/19 -AK. Doing the ROL dinner package
3/20- Epcot. Eating at Rose & Crown at 7:40 for the fireworks
3/21- HS. Eating at 50's PTC because I thought my folks would get a kick out of the place!
3/22- MK. Eating lunch at BOG and dinner at 1900 PF. My folks may head out to Daytona this day but I will be at MK

They don't plan on riding many rides so I will be using single rider where I can if I don't have FP. Have park hopper too in case I see FP for something I really want to go on in another park.

I'm so excited! I'm also having guilt because my kids aren't going. They're adults but still... I guess if I bring them back something they'll be ok?? LOL
Enjoy! I went solo for F&W a few years ago and my mom met one day for her 60th to celebrate at Party for the Sense. I had a great time. Sometimes we need to enjoy some adult time.

We are going March 9-14th, for our son 13th birthday and trying to beat some of the spring breaks. We are staying at ASM and off site at Sheraton vistana. We are also inviting our millennial kids for a Christmas present.
My ds9 year old is looking forward to trex cafe, ds 12/13 BOG. We just recently added universal due to the deal at Costco

Last edited:

March 14-22 at Caribbean Beach. Just my DH and I. Our youngest will be doing the college program from January to May and this will be our trip to visit her, but I’m currently planning like she won’t have but one day off the whole trip. We haven’t been to WDW since June 2012 and a lot has changed. Our middle daughter and her husband are going next month and our oldest son is hoping to go in May and help the youngest get moved home.

I'm looking for some trip planning advice. I'd like to throw in a third park day on 2/28, but I'm not sure. I'd love to do HS which opens at 9, so we would have until around 3:30. Debating on if that's enough time and if it justifies spending an extra $90 per person. Would love to hear y'alls thoughts.

2/27 - Land at 8:50AM - Currently MK closes at 8PM that day so I think we will have plenty of time to do things.
2/28 - Doing an AH event at Universal - 5PM-1AM
2/29 - Doing an AH event at Universal - 5PM-1AM
3/1 - Plan on Doing AK all day
3/2 - fly out at 6:35PM

I'm looking for some trip planning advice. I'd like to throw in a third park day on 2/28, but I'm not sure. I'd love to do HS which opens at 9, so we would have until around 3:30. Debating on if that's enough time and if it justifies spending an extra $90 per person. Would love to hear y'alls thoughts.

2/27 - Land at 8:50AM - Currently MK closes at 8PM that day so I think we will have plenty of time to do things.
2/28 - Doing an AH event at Universal - 5PM-1AM
2/29 - Doing an AH event at Universal - 5PM-1AM
3/1 - Plan on Doing AK all day
3/2 - fly out at 6:35PM
If it were me I would do things on 2/28, 2/29, and 3/2. :) But if only choosing one day - 9-3:30 would be great at HS! Do your rope drop, then use 3 FP $90 would be worth it me but I guess that depends on your budget.

Does it seem that the deals come out so close to the vacation there is no availability. I made reservations way early, but some of the new deals require a longer stay than i have reserved but i i can't add any days because they are full.

My husband and I always book the first week of March. However, this year we are booked 2/25 to 3/4. We got a great deal on airfare (-$300 each) by moving back 2 days into February. We were originally booked for 2/27 thru 3/6.
Couldn't pass up a savings like that! We love that time of year!

Finally booked our resort well for the second half of our stay. We’re staying at the BC from 3/17-3/22 :cool1:
Still deciding on where to stay for 3/14-3/17.

Last edited:
We have CBR booked for March 21-27. Taking my 1 y/o daughter for the first time and my parents for the first time. Putting our schedule below. Also our fist time on the dining plan. We got all our ADR's except for Space 220 which I'm holding out hope for.

3/21: travel, check-in, explore, Chef Mickey's dinner
3/22: Magic Kingdom, BoG breakfast
3/23: Animal Kingdom, Tusker House breakfast
3/24: DHS, Oga's, Droid Depot, Sci-Fi Dine-in Theatre dinner
3/25: Epcot, Snack around the world for lunch, Via Napoli as a dinner placeholder in case Space 220 isn't achievable.
3/26: Magic Kingdom, Crystal Palace breakfast
3/27: Disney Springs, Rainforest Café lunch, travel home.

Super excited for this one!

We have CBR booked for March 21-27. Taking my 1 y/o daughter for the first time and my parents for the first time. Putting our schedule below. Also our fist time on the dining plan. We got all our ADR's except for Space 220 which I'm holding out hope for.

3/21: travel, check-in, explore, Chef Mickey's dinner
3/22: Magic Kingdom, BoG breakfast
3/23: Animal Kingdom, Tusker House breakfast
3/24: DHS, Oga's, Droid Depot, Sci-Fi Dine-in Theatre dinner
3/25: Epcot, Snack around the world for lunch, Via Napoli as a dinner placeholder in case Space 220 isn't achievable.
3/26: Magic Kingdom, Crystal Palace breakfast
3/27: Disney Springs, Rainforest Café lunch, travel home.

Super excited for this one!

Any Ideas when Space 220 will be available? Do they typically announce when ADRs for new spots are available or it just happens and we have to hopefully hear about it quickly?

Any Ideas when Space 220 will be available? Do they typically announce when ADRs for new spots are available or it just happens and we have to hopefully hear about it quickly?
There is an entire thread on this site about just Space 220 that could be helpful. Bottom line is no one knows, but the speculation is January at the earliest, and it may have a soft opening with no ADRs. I'm waiting on Space 220 too, as well as when Disney will open up March reservations for the Frozen dessert party.

I just saw on the news thread that the head chef apparently got a different job at a resort in Las Vegas. I've pretty much written it off for my trip at the end of March. I think we will try Space 220 again on a future trip.

Perhaps my family, albeit a smaller group of 4, will bump into you guys as we are also going to be at the Poly that time (2/29-3/8) utilizing rented DVC points. Less than 200 days out now...thinking about ADRs as the window is approaching. Have yet to purchase park tickets... looking for a deal as it gets closer to Fast Pass time in December.

Desperately looking forward to Spiky Pineapples from Trader Sam's and Thai coconut meatballs from Captain Cooks!

We have the same dates though ours is a split stay off site until 3/3. We rented points too and are in a poly studio

Hello!

We're heading to Orlando for our 2nd whole family trip (DH and I snuck off for an adults-only WDW getaway in April, the kids still don't know that's where we went!).

Universal: Hard Rock Hotel 3/28-3/31 (our first time at a Universal park)
Disney: 3/31-4/5
we'll spend either 3/31 or 4/1 at Kennedy Space Center

Hopefully staying at Dolphin on Marriott points, really want to stay in the Epcot/Boardwalk area! Currently holding 3 different reservations, hoping Dolphin has a points room come available for 4/1. Currently we have a cash reservation at Dolphin for 3/31 & 4/1, points reservation at Dolphin for 4/2-4/5, and a Shades of Green reservation (as backup) for 3/31-4/5.

It will be our first time with a car (last time we did 8 days at WDW and just used ME and provided in-park transportation), not sure if we'll use it to get around or just park it and use Disney transportation.

We're all really excited about Harry Potter, Galaxy's Edge, and Pandora (DH and I did Pandora, but again, kids don't know that!). I'm excited to have a little bit more relaxed 2nd trip - we saw a LOT on our first trip in 2017, so we can skip all the "glad we tried it and rode/saw it once, but don't need to do it again."

Oh, and we're considering the Villians After Hours on 4/3 - last time we did the regular MK DAH and it was so much fun! DH and I did AK DAH and it was ...fine, I wouldn't do it again (AK just doesn't have that many rides to make it as worth it).

Is there a Memory Maker share going yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter