March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

Stinasmom

DIS Veteran
**** see post 119 on page 8 for current roster update as of 2/7/2011 ********

*****See post 227 on page 16 for current roster of FE exchange participants as of 1/9/11*******

Even with new ships coming out and the Wonder going to California, sailing on the tried and true Grand Dame of DCL is still a privilege!

So, it is still a long time before we sail, but I've started cruise meets threads further out than this! Let's get acquainted!

I am Marcy, DH is Vijay, (we're in our 40's), DD 12 (will be 14 at time of sailing, and DS 8 (will be 10 at time of sailing).

This will be our 4th time on DCL, having sailed on the Magic in 2005 to the Mexican Riveria, the Wonder in 2006 to the Bahamas, and the Magic again in 2008 to the Western Caribbean.

We will be traveling with my mom and stepdad this time... first time it wasn't just the 4 of us. Can't wait to share the MAGICAL experience with family (aside from just showing them the scrapbooks, videos, and pictures)!

Anyone else out there? Can't wait to meet 'cha!

Hi! I'm so glad someone started a thread. It's just myself (Cheryl-35) and hubby (Ricky-36). This is our first cruise EVER and we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary. We can't wait!!! I feel crazy for starting to plan this early but I'm so excited I can't help it.

:welcome:
Welcome to the DIS boards and to Disney cruising, Cheryl!
You are going to LOVE your cruise!:love:

You will undoubtedly have lots of questions and you are in the right place to get answers:thumbsup2
both from experienced cruisers and from this website.

I remember finding the DIS before our first cruise. I was so excited and impressed with DCL (from what I'd been hearing and seeing from trip reports, pictures, and videos) that I booked our 2nd cruise before even going on the first one!
I also made a couple friends on the cruise meet thread for that first cruise that I still keep up with today.:dance3:

So, looking forward to chatting over the next 15 months or so!!

Marcy

hi there we are looking at booking for this date, just finished a 7 night western nov.28th on the magic. This was our first cruise , me my dh Terry and 2 of our grandkids. It was awesome now we plan on bringing the rest of the family! Hope this thread picks up and look forward to seeing everyone there.:)

Hi all. We are also looking to book this date. We may need to wait to see if they are going to lower the depost amount again though.
Our first cruise was on the Western in June 09 and it was a blast. I meet some great folks from our Meet board. Can't wait to meet and chat with everyone.

Hi! We are booked on this cruise and I cant wait! We were supposed to do the Eastern this past summer but it got switched to a western do to a hurricane :( but now that I have another chance and it falls during our spring break we have booked!

Hi there M&Psmom who is travelling with you? This will be our second disney cruise and we did the western already as well! Looking forward to a new adventure to the eastern caribbean! :cool1:

Oh yea! Some activity on this thread!
I was considering reviving it at the one year mark which is a month or so away...

Welcome m&p'mom!
We too did the western last and are looking forward to this Eastern.
We also did a Mexican Riveria and a 4 nighter to Nassau.

Looking forward to conversing and getting to know you all over the next 13 months!:wave2:

Marcy

hi there stenasmom hope this meet picks up soon wow the magic had some rough weather this past weekend what a nightmare for alot of travellers!:scared1:

Our family (me - 45, DH- 39 and DS who is 4) went on our first cruise last February on the Disney Magic. We loved it, and last night during dinner I asked my soon to be 5 son if he wanted to go back on the big boat. He said "YEAH!" and so did my husband. So yesterday I put a deposit on our next cruise (this one, obviously).

Only 368 days to go!:woohoo:

-Sandy

Welcome Sandy!
Yes DCL is addictive!
The kids have a different experience each time as they get older, and it is just so relaxing for us adults.

We are looking at our 1 year out date this week!

Anyone else excited??!:cool1:

Welcome Sandy!
Yes DCL is addictive!
The kids have a different experience each time as they get older, and it is just so relaxing for us adults.

Thanks, Stinasmom, and I agree about DCL being addictive! Our Disney cruise last year was the first time I can recall a vacation where someone else did all the cleaning and cooking and I loved it. It was very relaxing for us. I'm very excited to be going back.

-Sandy :laundy:

Just thought I would say Hi to everyone. We are almost a year away and I'm getting so excited I don't know how I'm gonna last that long. I've been reading the boards, making lists, printing door magnets...my husband is surprised I don't have our bags already packed. :rotfl:

We will joining you on the March 12 '11 Eastern cruise! We were on the March 13th Eastern this year and DH rebooked! same room! We are Kathy, Dave & Steph. Ages at time of cruise will be 53 for parents and 18 for daughter. This will be cruise no. 12 on the Magic. We love the Magic.

Our room is midship cat. 3 on deck 8. Perfect location. I hope next March seas are as wonderful as this years. You just never know what you will get in March. Castaway was cold this year as was the water but when the wind stopped blowing it was nice and warm. The ports were fantastic and hot. Just what we needed after our nasty winter.

See you all March 12, 2011. Kathy

I just booked our first Disney cruise to the Eastern Caribbean and cannot wait! My DH (Raj) and I (Veena) will be 40 and 39 respectively, DD (Saira) will be 15 and DS (Nick) will be 3. We've been to Disney several times but this is our first cruise:banana:

We're a cat 10 deck 7. I look forward to meeting some disboard members on the cruise!

I just booked our first Disney cruise to the Eastern Caribbean and cannot wait! My DH (Raj) and I (Veena) will be 40 and 39 respectively, DD (Saira) will be 15 and DS (Nick) will be 3. We've been to Disney several times but this is our first cruise:banana:

We're a cat 10 deck 7. I look forward to meeting some disboard members on the cruise!

WELCOME Veena, Raj, and family!

YEA!! :banana:Someone with a daughter near my daughter's age! She had the best time on our last cruise when she had someone she'd emailed a bit before the cruise and met up with once on board! princess:princess:
And we have something else in common... my Sis-in-law's name is VEENA! She is my daughter's favorite aunt!

Welcome to the DIS boards too. I see that at this point you may not have enough posts to Private Message, but when you do, maybe we could introduce the girls (exchange email addresses)?

So far our group has first timers and many timers! So if you or anyone else has any questions about cruising with DCL... and I know you do!... just post up and we'll be happy to give lots of answers!!:teacher:

Marcy

We'll also be joining you on the Eastern 12th March .

Steve and Sue here .We did our first cruise this year March 6th Western and are "hooked " We've booked to do the Eastern this time .

Really loved the weather on the Ship in March although we were a little disappointed not to get onto castaway cay due to a storm on the friday .

Nonetheless loved the experience and look forward to meeting everyone next year .

Hi Everyone:flower3:

We are travelling on this cruise as well. The parks were so crowded this March Break we decided to go back on the ship again.

This will be our third DCL cruise - all three on the Magic. We have done both the Eastern and the Western cruise.

It will be myself, DH, DD15 and DD11 - at the time of sailing.

We had the kids meet others on the DIS thread before we sailed and it really worked out well.

I am already looking at tours to take in the ports.

Happy planning everyone. :cool1:

Wow - great to see so many new comments! I'm looking forward to talking more to all of you. I know it's still early, but is anyone interested in doing fish extenders?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter