Marathon weekend--WISHers--when are you coming? Post your plans!

When are you arriving for Marathon Weekend???

• Tuesday, January 3rd or earlier

• Wednesday, January 4th

• Thursday, January 5th

• Friday, January 6th

• Saturdya, January 7th

Results are only viewable after voting.
DH and I are arriving Friday afternoon, splitting our stay between Swan & BWV. No conflicts for meeting. I guess I'll have to see if I can get in on the Trails' End dinner Friday night :-) We'll run over to the expo on Friday upon arrival, DH and I both running the half on Saturday, then we'll park hop for a bit. I'm running the full on Sunday, we're doing the HOB Gospel Brunch after. Monday will be a park day. We're leaving Monday evening.

Sara
Goofy'06

Our plans are finally static (I think ;) )! Arriving Thursday a.m., attending Expo, checking into Beach Club Villas, then doing the parks and PI, Parks and Trails End Friday, Half Marathon and parks Saturday, cheering on our WISH buddies at the full and then going to the parks on Sunday, celebration at DTD on Sunday night, parks Monday, departing Monday night. :sad:

We had ressies on points at SSR but decided to stay on cash using the BRP. So we're now going to stay at POR.
Thur- arrive late
Fri- packet pick up, Trails End dinner
Sat- NYcpa(mom) doing the half, late lunch at CRT
Sun- doing the full, late lunch at 50s Prime Time, post-race festivities at DTD
Mon-fly out later afternoon
We are AP holders and will have just been at the World from Dec 17-24 so we'll just play it be ear as far as going to parks other than the 2 meals noted above.

Here's my tentative plans:

1/4 arrive early afternoon, staying at SSR. (will hit the parks after checking in)

1/5 Trip to expo to pick up my packet and then to parks.
1/6 Drive to airport to pick up my niece (she's doing the half) and possibly a friend (who's not yet sure if she's coming). Go to Expo so niece can get her stuff. Didn't register for TE since I'm not sure what we're doing yet.
1/7 Doing the 1/2. Depending on how i feel, maybe hitting a park for a few hours, then early to bed
1/8 Going for Goofy. If I can move after the race, I want to go to MGM to the Osborne lights. My niece has never seen them and it's the last night.
1/9 Rest, relax and possibly get a massage at the SPA. Maybe hit the parks
1/10 Early morning flight home.

Can't wait to finally meet all of you! :)

Terri

Current plans for us :wave:

Arrival Date - Friday, January 6th (will do expo and check-in)

Resort - Pop Century

Events - DH and I are doing the full on Sunday. :scared1: DH, DS, and I are doing the 5K on Saturday. This is DS's 1st 5K - he's only 2, and will be in the backpack most of the time, but still toooo cute. He is already practicing his running! :goodvibes If anyone is interested, we did ask - strollers are not allowed, but backpacks are okay.

Conflicts - none, but we will have my parents with us (mini-vacation and babysitters for Sunday's race)

Nothing specific planned for different days, but will probably go into Magic Kingdom after the full on Sunday. Saturday - relax at the resort after the 5K, may go back to the expo.

Leave - Monday, January 9th

DH and I arrive on 1/04 late and stay at POP. Then on Thursday, we'll be heading over to the Expo, and transferring to BWV! Didn't sign up for TE but maybe we'll stop in to say hello. Both of us are signed up for the Goofy. I'm so nervous but excited about that! This is the first marathon for both of us. We leave on 1/11. We have annual passes so hope to do some park hopping here and there. Any other BWV guests???

mahoney said:
DH and I arrive on 1/04 late and stay at POP. Then on Thursday, we'll be heading over to the Expo, and transferring to BWV! Didn't sign up for TE but maybe we'll stop in to say hello. Both of us are signed up for the Goofy. I'm so nervous but excited about that! This is the first marathon for both of us. We leave on 1/11. We have annual passes so hope to do some park hopping here and there. Any other BWV guests???

We are staying at VWL then transfering to POP!! Lol :rotfl: We are also staying until the 11th and park hopping. We are headed to Raglan Road on Monday night, let me know if you want to meet up! That is for anyone!!!

1/6 Arrive late, stay @ POP
1/7 Cheer for 1/2, move to SSR
1/8 Run Full, Victory paty?
1/9 MGM
1/11 Segway Tour/Epcot
1/13 Home in afternoon

We live locally so no hotel stay for us. DH and I will be at Trails End on Friday. I am really looking forward to meeting you people who have inspired me so much and taught me so much this year.

DH running full marathon. Me, 2 dds and ds are just along for the ride! (and the parks)

Staying at the Poly. Arriving Friday, January 6. Departing Tuesday January 10.

We have park hopper tickets for all five days and plan on playing it by ear.

EDITED 11/17/05 - Our plans changed. We are now arriving on Thursday, January 5. Still Departing January 10. Also we have switched resorts and are staying at the GF.

Hey fellow WISHers....
We will be there from Jan 5-11. We were unable to register for the marathon...sold out before we could...yeah, I procrastinated! :confused3
But we will still be there! I ran the 1/2 in 2005 with the WISH group and wish you all good luck! YOU CAN DO IT!! Hope to run into some of you while we are there!!! :flower:

Just look for our lime green shirts! Hope to see you there! Bummer you won't be doing it with us. :(

I will keep a lookout! :earseek:
Yeah, they sold out on us...how dare they! Like they can't squeeze in two more people... :rolleyes:
Oh well...we will still be in WDW...so you can't beat it! :banana:

I just wanted to Chime in and say, I wish you all luck with this years Marathon. I wanted to run again in 06 but tried to register too late. I will definitley be there in 17 running the full. There is not a day that goes by that I do not look at this infamous picture from last years Wishers who ran/walked:

f18428c2.jpg

Good Luck to you all with your training and the "real deal" :)

Oh I'm registering of the the Minnie Marathon in May... That's a done deal.

Kim

My niece and I arrive on Jan.4th, staying at Pop and heading out on Jan.9th.

See you all at Trail's End!

The kids and I arrived on 1/4 early afternoon and will be checking into BC. We will go over to the Expo on 1/5, DH flys in 1/6 and dinner at TE. 1/7 is the 1/2 and then a sports massage at Grand Floridian that afternoon. 1/8 fly home late. We will be doing parks but haven't gotten all of that planned out yet. We are just finishing up our planning for our 11/25-12/10 trip right now. See everyone very soon.

I just thought I'd look see what everyone has lined up so far. Hope we get to meet up as we are there.

I can't wait!!

Arrival- Wednesday morning, January 4th.

Resort- We are at Fort Wilderness Cabins. Never done these before, but I was too late to get a villa at BW, next year better planning.

Event- My first attempt at the 1/2

Conflicts- No conflicts that I see, I definitely plan on the Trails End.

Departure- We leave Disney property Monday the 9th, but head to my cousins home in Davenport for a few days of outlet shopping.

We plan on hitting the parks and definitley PI Thursday night when it is usually rocking (cast member night). Hope to see a few of you at AC!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter