Marathon weekend--WISHers--when are you coming? Post your plans!

When are you arriving for Marathon Weekend???

• Tuesday, January 3rd or earlier

• Wednesday, January 4th

• Thursday, January 5th

• Friday, January 6th

• Saturdya, January 7th

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lisa loves Pooh

DIS Veteran
I love it when something gets spelled wrong...grrrrrr!

So when are you arriving for Marathon weekend. Poll is public so your friends know when you're coming.

Please post your itinerary as you know it and edit it when it becomes more concrete. For planning purposes--list any conflicts that would prevent you from participating in a WISH event.

My intinerary:

Arrival: Thursday, January 5th, (maybe noonish)

Resort: Carribbean Beach Resort

Event: Full (Sunday)

Conflicts: Leukemia Team in Training Victory Party is on Sunday evening--so I am out of WISH commission on Sunday but still :cheer2: for my fellow WISHers. Pasta Party is scheduled on Friday--so this may be a potential conflict for the Trails End dinner :(

Also--I probably will not have tickets to the parks.

Departure: Monday morning at the earliest, possibly TUesday.

I will be arriving late Weds evening and staying at Pop. Tentatively planning on leaving the following Weds, but depends on work. The beginning of the year is a super busy time for me (budget analyst).

Hopefully I will be taking my niece and her new husband out to dinner on Thursday evening. I am definitely reserving Friday for Trails End. That's about all I know for now...well the half Saturday AM, of course!

DH and I will be arriving on Friday morning. We are staying at the Swan. We will be at Trail's End on Friday night. I will run/walk the 1/2 marathon on Saturday. It's lights out early for DH on Saturday night. He will run the full on Sunday. I will go from location to location to cheer him on (if I can still move). We will leave on Monday.

Heather

I'm arriving Thursday 6PM ish. Hoping to drive straight to the Expo and get my packet but may not make it Thurs PM.

Running the Full.

Leaving Thursday the 12th.

Hitting the parks.

Traveling with DS(5), Dx will be there Thurs-Sun PM so he can watch DS while I run.

Sunny

Me, DH, DS8 & DS4 are arriving Tuesday & leaving early Sun.
Staying at WL.

MK on Wednesday-this will be the only day I have a ticket for

All I have Thur is going to the Expo for a little bit

Fri-Trails End of course

Sat- Walk the 1/2!

We're coming in on Thurs. evening and setting up the motorhome at FW.

I've got to pick up my packet on Fri. morning and stop by national to get the rental car for running about (hate towing with the MH and economy cars are so cheap, it's easier to rent for a couple days). But plan on beng at Trail's End for dinner.

We're staying until the 14th and making this our big trip of the year.

Doing the Goofy, so I expect both Sat. and Sun. to be lost to anything other than the races. Hopefully Monday I'll be able to hit the parks in a limited way.

We're trying to get our families to come along, but don't know for sure who is/isn't coming and probably won't know for awhile. If they come, some time may have to be spent with them, but I'm not really betting that they come. But we asked, so we can't be accused of not asking!!!! :flower:

Arrival:
I am hoping that we will fly in on Thursday early a.m.
Hotel:
We are staying at Beach Club Villas until Monday or Tuesday (depends on DH's job situation and my court schedule).
Departure:
Fortunately, since SWA hasn't posted flights after 12/12 yet, I haven't had to firm up our plans yet.
Plans/Conflicts:
We have annual passes so we hope to do the parks for part of the day Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday. Expo on Thursday of course. :teeth: Trails End with this awesome WISH bunch on Friday night. No other plans, except cheering on our Full WISHers on Sunday! No conflicts that I know of. First priority will be to support fellow WISHers and enjoy the whole marathon weekend experience.

I anticipate arriving either late Wednesday night or Thursday morning, leaving sometime on Sunday. I have reservations at OKW. Not sure at this time whether I will be traveling solo or with my sis and sil.

Depending upon arrival time, we may not do the parks. I may do a tour on Friday. Definitely will not try to do parks after the race--my feet were so sore after the 1/2.

THURS: Arrive around noon with DH, DstepD 13, DsS, 10 & DS, 10. Also traveling with DM & DD. We're all staying @ BCV in 2 studios (see you there Keenercam). First time, can't wait. Heading straight to get packets w/ mom who's walking the 1/2 while I plan to run. Parks @ night (we're activating our APasses this day).

FRI: Hit the parks, of course Trails End, but leave early to get some zzzzzzs.

SAT: Attempt to not make a fool of myself @ 1/2 (my 69y/o mom'll probably leave me in the dust). Then hit parks (or swim @ hotel pool to cool off legs) in a weakened state.

SUN: Cheer on fellow WISHERS doing full & Goofy!!!! Parks, water park?

MON: Leaving in the mid a.m.

I'm so excited. :cloud9:

Jodi

OK...This is what I know so far. DH takes care of everything b/c I am a princess: .
Arrive Friday about noon. Planning on Trails End with fellow WISHers and DH. :love:
The Poly is the place we are thinking about staying (& not using our points).
Event: DH and I are going Goofy.
Monday going to parks or laying by pool! :teeth:
Leaving Tuesday.
Christa

Arrival:
Fri Jan 6 2006 Arriving and going to Expo. Also look forward to TE. Plan to arrive early at TE so I can visit early arriving WISHers before it opens and must make sure to leave early. Staying the week as vaca.

Resort:
BW Villas

Event:
Registered for both, who knows now? I really want to do the full.

Conflict:
None as I can see.
Group TE PICS: Please plan on getting there early enough to get a group shot before we eat. It was a long dinner and we were making the group shots as the sun was disappearing.

Arrival:
Thursday evening / Friday morning. My folks live in Winter Park, so we will be there earlier in the week but make it to *Property* about then. I plan on staying until about Wed and doing some parks after the race.

Resort:
Not definate yet. waffling between Port Orleans and the All Stars

Event:
Full - then Lots of resting. We did Blizzard Beach the day after the half last year, it was a nice mix of lounging and walking. The weather was super warm tho. We might try that again for this year.

Conflicts:
I will be with some of my best girlfriends from high school, but there are no definate plans. I will be there for Trails End, and hopefully be bringing them along.

Looks like party at Beach Club!

We're arriving Fri morning and leaving Sun...just a quicky since DD12 will miss school on Fri.

Doing the half :scared1: :maleficen

Only conflicts are DD12's school schedule.

Great idea on arriving at Trail's End early, Lily! First seating is 4:30pm so I'm shooting for that with the ressies, but would be cool to hang with everyone for a photo!

Arriving sometime Wednesday. Leaving Monday.

Staying with a friend Wed and Thur night at Pop Century then moving to OKW. We'll be visiting the parks for some time on Wed/Thur/Friday.

Running both for the Goofy.

Conflicts possible because I have 2 friends who aren't WISHers coming. One is doing the half the other the whole. I hope they'll join me for TE.

Hi all, we get to Orlando Dec 29th and stay off site until Jan 5th when we move to AKL. Various park half days will occur, plus a brief shopping trip to the expo and hopefully a trip to Trails End - then on half morning I'll be cheering you on until 10.25 - then I'm registered from the Family 5k which I may or may not walk/run depending on how I think my legs will hold up the next day if I do.

Sunday is the big day - Sunday afternoon is the big 'what in heaven's name did I do that for' lie down, Then I shall be parading around with my medal on for all to see somewhere or another. After that it's parks, parks and more parks (plus a Segway tour Xmas surprise for the boyfriend) until we leave on the 13th.

Other commitments - much of trip must be planned around the NHL! Plus as we probably won't get back to Orlando again for another two years (Goofy 2008 me thinks) we need to shop/park visit/eat Taco Bell and Chevys until we can eat no more - that type of thing but I will try and at least pop in to say hi!!!

Stephen and I (and my parents--my Mom is doing the half, my dad is the self-oppointed coach :rolleyes: ) arrive Friday morning around 11:00.

We're staying at Port Orleans Friday and Saturday, moving to the Boardwalk Villas Sunday-Thursday and Pop Century Friday and Saturday.

We are planning on doing Trails End for dinner on Friday.

Leaving for home 1/14.

Mom and I are doing the half marathon, Stephen is doing the full.

I don't see any conflicts, other than the fact that I might not be able to get out of bed after the half. :teeth: Oh well, Stephen and I have AP's. ;)

Krista princess:

Hey everybody!! Here's our plans
Arrive:Thursday afternoon with DH.
FIL and his buddy are arriving Friday sometime.
We all plan on eating at Fort Wilderness with fellow "WISHERS" Friday afternoon.

Staying: Wilderness Lodge

Events: Half on Saturday then 5k. Will do whole on Sunday.
I'm totally "goofy" for doing all that but I WANT 4 MEDALS!!!!

If I can walk :teeth: I plan on watching Illuminations Sunday evening. I can't imagine going to WDW and not seeing that. Plus our friend Marc that's running has never been to WDW, so I want him to see as much as he can while he's there.

Will do parks or lay by pool Monday.

Leaving: Tuesday :sad:

~bree~

Hey zoegirl-glad to see someone else is staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Wow I cant believe you are going for all 4 medals! I'm not even considering a park after the 1/2 much less a 5k & a full! WTG!

Hey all! Just wanted to post our plans too!!

01/05 Arrival 11:30 a.m.- Check into VWL and head to EXPO after lunch
01/06 - Check into POP. Hit EPCOT and MGM and then off to bed Early
01/07 - Dh in 1/2, me in the 5K. We are going to Disney Quest and then Yachtsman for early anniversary dinner
01/08 - EPCOT and MK
01/09 - AK and MGM
01/10 - MK and EPCOT
01/11- DTD and fly out around 6 p.m.

We are on the dining plan and can't wait!!

**Edited** Dh just agreed to an extra day in the parks!! WHOHOO!! It actually won't be a day, but Friday afternnoon we are going to relax in EPCOT at WS. Can't beat it for only $15!!

Good idea for a thread!

Arrival- Wednesday evening, January 4th.

Resort- Staying at Port Orleans-Riverside the first night, then moving to the Yacht Club for the remainder of my stay

Event- Running the full!

Conflicts- None that I can think of at this point, esp if the Trail's End seating Friday is early.

Departure- Friday evening, January 13th-- with my Mickey medal.

Gosh, I'm getting really excited now!
Solotraveler :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter