Marathon Weekend 2024

It's probably random/coincidence, but the 9 browsers I had going gave me times in just about exactly the order I opened them (with 5 still sitting on over an hour until I closed them down). I registered my DD and I for the Half on the first I opened which was the marathon button at 9:50.
My first window became available the fastest. When it was at 10 minutes to go, I was able to use someone else's 2 minute link and then made that one available.

After registering, I closed down my other 3 tabs on multiple browsers/incognito as they were all still over an hour.

My first window became available the fastest. When it was at 10 minutes to go, I was able to use someone else's 2 minute link and then made that one available.

After registering, I closed down my other 3 tabs on multiple browsers/incognito as they were all still over an hour.
All the windows I opened from the Marathon link stayed at over an hour for a LONG time. The one that got me through was a browser I opened at 10:05. To me, if you join after registration opens you should be at the back of the line. Just doesn't make sense.

It's probably random/coincidence, but the 9 browsers I had going gave me times in just about exactly the order I opened them (with 5 still sitting on over an hour until I closed them down). I registered my DD and I for the Half on the first I opened which was the marathon button at 9:50.
Mine did the same.

Well so much for setting a plan and following it…. All my tabs (Chrome, Safari, Firefox) on normal and incognito and in both WiFi and cellular all landed at “more than an hour”. At first I panicked then I thought atleast a couple will drop down quickly - that happened last year. Well at 10:35, with so many of you announcing races registered ALL mine still said more than an hour. My goal was to register for my 8th Dopey and get my daughter into the 5k, 10k & Half. My panicked state was back in full force and then I noted a DM - huge thank you!!!! That got me Dopey! Then I was able to get both the Half and 10K for my daughter! 5K sold out and most of my tabs were still at “more than an hour” with two at 33 & 31 mins.

These boards have always been a great place to connect with runners who love Disney, have a good laugh, talk running stuff, share goals and have fun. But honestly, today these boards were the difference btw getting registered for MW or not for me and DD. Thank you!!

I actually expected the Full, and maybe a couple others, to last a while (a few hours to a couple days) this time. I’m a little surprised.
Likewise. I'd love to see the number of bibs available, but of course RD doesn't give numbers, so we likely won't know until finisher data becomes available. I'm guessing the prior frenzies have scared people into registering immediately now, and this will be the status quo going forward. No more waiting a few weeks to think it over now!

2024 runDisney Marathon Weekend Weekend Sell-out Game - Final Standings

Original Post

Alright, with the sell out of Marathon Weekend 2024 complete, we can tally the scores and see who the best predictor was this time around. As a reminder, @The Expert was our reigning champion from the 2023 Princess Weekend prediction contest.

We had 16 players: @garneska @steph0808 @Baloo in MI @nekonekoneko @superchime @gosalyn_mallard @GuinnessRunner @MissLiss279 @The Expert @FFigawi @cburnett11 @Kerry1957 @Herding_Cats @marty3d and @matt and beth.

I got the following times:

Start (link)
5k sold out in 47 min (link)
Goofy sold out in 52 min (link)
10k sold out in 57 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 71 min (link)
HM sold out in 82 min (link)
M sold out in 91 min (link)

The points were accumulated based on placement. So lowest total score was the winner.

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 10.42.25 AM.png

And the winner was... me! LOL! :rolleyes1

ralph-medal.gif

I had the 9th best 5k, 1st on 10k, 5th on HM, 1st on M, 3rd on Goofy, and 6th on Dopey. @garneska finished in 2nd place overall and @steph0808 came in 3rd.

Special kudos go to myself and @The Expert who correctly predicted the 10k time and 5k times exactly respectively.

Thanks to everyone who played! Hope it was a successful registration day for all those involved!

@camaker i totally agree! The sense of community in here is outstanding and I love that everyone is so willing to share and help others.
Agree. Thanks to everyone for not only helping me out several times this morning with family and friends, but everyone who was helping other members out. Awesome!!

Looking forward to MW2024. This year I am making it a point to get there earlier to make it to the meet ups in the morning.

It was fun watching the Sell Out prediction game; thanks for doing that, @DopeyBadger! I didn't play because I honestly had no clue, and I was a little bit afraid of jinxing myself. I'm not at all superstitious though, haha!

I'd also want to thank everyone here...just for being here. I don't know anyone in my real life who runs Disney, so here is where I get all my information, support, etc. I am tech-challenged, but I figured out how to open multiple browsers in incognito mode about five minutes before the races went active. I would not have known to do that without the people here on this board!

I hope everyone here got what they wanted. Now the real fun starts--getting ready! I think.

2024 runDisney Marathon Weekend Weekend Sell-out Game - Final Standings

Original Post

Alright, with the sell out of Marathon Weekend 2024 complete, we can tally the scores and see who the best predictor was this time around. As a reminder, @The Expert was our reigning champion from the 2023 Princess Weekend prediction contest.

We had 16 players: @garneska @steph0808 @Baloo in MI @nekonekoneko @superchime @gosalyn_mallard @GuinnessRunner @MissLiss279 @The Expert @FFigawi @cburnett11 @Kerry1957 @Herding_Cats @marty3d and @matt and beth.

I got the following times:

Start (link)
5k sold out in 47 min (link)
Goofy sold out in 52 min (link)
10k sold out in 57 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 71 min (link)
HM sold out in 82 min (link)
M sold out in 91 min (link)

The points were accumulated based on placement. So lowest total score was the winner.

View attachment 752557

And the winner was... me! LOL! :rolleyes1

View attachment 752558

I had the 9th best 5k, 1st on 10k, 5th on HM, 1st on M, 3rd on Goofy, and 6th on Dopey. @garneska finished in 2nd place overall and @steph0808 came in 3rd.

Special kudos go to myself and @The Expert who correctly predicted the 10k time and 5k times exactly respectively.

Thanks to everyone who played! Hope it was a successful registration day for all those involved!
Ohhh, just off the podium! :)

Thanks for doing this, if I wasn’t so stressed this morning with registration I would have enjoyed it much more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter