Marathon Weekend 2024

Over your clothes on the Expo floor is what most people do. There’s restrooms on the opposite side of shirt pickup though.
This
Where do you try on your race shirts at the Expo to figure out if you want to exchange the size? Is it the bathroom, or is there a dedicated changing area, or are you just putting it on over your other clothes out on the Expo floor? Thanks!
A tip to save time if you have multiple shirts: pick one, and compare all of the others against it, lying them flat on the floor. I stack them on top of each other to make sure one didn't get sewn weirdly and end up narrow or super long/short. And then try on your "picked" shirt (your "control group" shirt) and you'll know if you need to exchange or not.

Help please!!!

I see people mention about an expo pass but I haven’t received anything via email and when I login to my RunDisney account the only document it shows as outstanding is the waiver which it says I need to print and sign (which I have and will bring it with me on the day)

Am I missing something? I really want to attend the expo as I’m desperate to grab a shoe ornament and spirit jersey so any help you guys can give I’d be very grateful

Help please!!!

I see people mention about an expo pass but I haven’t received anything via email and when I login to my RunDisney account the only document it shows as outstanding is the waiver which it says I need to print and sign (which I have and will bring it with me on the day)

Am I missing something? I really want to attend the expo as I’m desperate to grab a shoe ornament and spirit jersey so any help you guys can give I’d be very grateful
The expo pass isn’t needed other than to show if you signed your waiver or not when picking up your bib. They do absolutely nothing else with it and IMO, it’s a waste of time and resources when it comes to runDisney. It’s not needed to access the expo nor enter the merchandise areas.

Help please!!!

I don't know if international runners can fill out their waivers ahead of time (which is HOW you get your waiver.) As Bree said, expo passes (completed waivers) are ONLY needed at bib pickup, and they will have a table with blank waivers you can complete on-site.

Buying an ornament and spirit jersey is NOT impacted by expo passes or waivers. You'll just need to join the VQ as soon as it opens on Wednesday morning (8:30am) and hope they still have some left when your group gets called.

The expo pass isn’t needed other than to show if you signed your waiver or not when picking up your bib. They do absolutely nothing else with it and IMO, it’s a waste of time and resources when it comes to runDisney. It’s not needed to access the expo nor enter the merchandise areas.
Thank u. I was freaking out that I wouldn’t be allowed entry!

I’ve read about a virtual queue system as well. Is this likely to be in place again and if so, what time can you join it and how close to the expo hall do you have to be when you try and join it?

Where do you try on your race shirts at the Expo to figure out if you want to exchange the size? Is it the bathroom, or is there a dedicated changing area, or are you just putting it on over your other clothes out on the Expo floor? Thanks!
I tend to wear a tank top under my shirt and than just go off to the side and try my race shirt over said tank
Help please!!!

I can see by your name you are an international runner so you won’t get an expo pass you will just sign a paper waver to be able to pick up your bib in the field house

If you want to be able to enter for the show ornament however and aren’t a platinum or gold club member however you WILL need to join a virtual queue since again deducing from your name I assume you are a dopey runner and will be attending on Wednesday… for this you need to be 30 miles or less away from the resort area and have the my Disney experience app

I can see by your name you are an international runner so you won’t get an expo pass you will just sign a paper waver to be able to pick up your bib in the field house

If you want to be able to enter for the show ornament however and aren’t a platinum or gold club member however you WILL need to join a virtual queue since again deducing from your name I assume you are a dopey runner and will be attending on Wednesday… for this you need to be 30 miles or less away from the resort area and have the my Disney experience app
Thank you. I’m staying at POP so I know I’ll be within 30 miles. Do you know at what time the virtual queue starts. And as it’s a virtual queue for running am I also permitted to try for a virtual queue pass for Tron or Guardian at the same time, or is it just for the expo?

Thank you. I’m staying at POP so I know I’ll be within 30 miles. Do you know at what time the virtual queue starts. And as it’s a virtual queue for running am I also permitted to try for a virtual queue pass for Tron or Guardian at the same time, or is it just for the expo?
I'm not sure about the time for the expo but yes, you can enter the virtual queue for the expo as well as a ride.

Has anyone placed an Amazon order to be delivered to their resort? Because of the possible rain, I have my eye on a couple of things but don't want to lug them in my suitcase. Would rather have them delivered to the resort. What information do you need to provide for the order? I am guessing room number? And where do they deliver the package, to your room or to the front desk?

7am for gotg
830am for expo
Yes you can have both as I’ve had both the past two Novembers

Since I'm packing for Dopey and Dumbo, I guess I just need to pack a bit of everything.
This is the way. Err on the side of wet/wind/chilly for DL. WDW can be anything and swing widely each day.

Throwaway pants are too hard to thrift!
My go-to is bathrobes for throwaways. One piece, plenty warm, and you never feel bad about tossing it.

I am also international (Canadian) and according to my experience at Springtime Surprise 2023:

The Expo Pass did appear in my run Disney account. It seems that December 30th is when they will be sent for MW 2024.

I had printed and signed the waivers before but could have easily done it at the Expo.

It was totally possible to get into the Tron VQ (we were not fast enough), to buy ILL$ and Genie+ at 7AM. The time to enter the runDisney VQ was later, I don’t remember exactly when but it should say in the guide or when you go in your account after the 30th.

Good luck managing the schedule! We ended up doing everything we wanted at MK, including riding Tron twice (once with ILL$ and once with the 1PM VQ drop) before going to the Expo (the transportation can be long so don’t cut it too close). At which point everything was an easy walk through.

You can’t trust FL forecasts…not even the day of. It was supposed to rain until early afternoon when I looked at the weather at 5am. It was a beautiful sunny day.
:rotfl2: Meanwhile, at my FL home, the forecast yesterday was no rain at all… and then it proceeded to rain nearly all day, all night, and is currently still raining!
Looking at the forecast it’s not even rain that’s raising my eyebrows. It’s the possible wind/wind gusts.
The combo of rain + wind is concerning to me… because that screams FRONT moving through… and as we’ve seen in 2017 and for the last few nighttime W&Ds, a front can do all sorts of things detrimental to holding races.

PSA ABOUT HAND WARMERS!!!!! I’ve had a stash of them hanging around for years, thanks to warm races, and just pulled a set out the other day for working an outdoor work event… I had the warmers in my pockets and kept putting my hands in there, holding the warmers, and halfway through the event realized: my hands were FILTHY! I mean, absolutely covered in black stuff leaching from the warmers. And because I was also putting on and taking off a face mask repeatedly, I also had sooty-looking smudges all over my ears and sides of my face, where my dirty hands touched.

IDK what the solution to this is yet, but FYI if you’ve got some older hand warmers you’re planning to use - maybe stick them in baggies or something?!

Has anyone placed an Amazon order to be delivered to their resort? Because of the possible rain, I have my eye on a couple of things but don't want to lug them in my suitcase. Would rather have them delivered to the resort. What information do you need to provide for the order? I am guessing room number? And where do they deliver the package, to your room or to the front desk?
I had to do it a couple of years ago when I forgot my electric razor. It's very easy. All you need is to put in your name and "Guest" along with the resort information. The resort accepts the package and keeps it in the luggage storage area for you to pick up. Here's what's still in my Amazon address book for reference:

B2E4342D-A1D0-4C55-9352-29EDFDFCAD56.jpeg

Here's a post from last January about getting things shipped to your resort.

FWIW, Disney's info about shipping items to a resort:

[URL]https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/[/URL]

Receiving Mail
Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels can receive mail throughout their stay. Occasionally, some Guests choose to ship items in advance of their vacation to help save luggage space.
If you intend to receive mail during your vacation, be sure the letter or package:
  • Includes the mailing address of your Disney Resort Hotel
  • Clearly features the word “Guest” on the front and the date of your arrival
Please note that a $6 per package handling fee will apply to all packages that are received through the Front Desk or are delivered to your Disney Resort hotel room.
And then down the thread from that post was a comment that if you are staying at a resort that is also a convention center (Coronado, as an example) that there will be an additional $20 handling fee

A quick heads up for half and full folks, I was driving on Floridian Way yesterday and was reminded how much construction is occurring in that stretch roughly from Grand Floridian to Poly. The road is in pretty terrible shape as are the sides of the road (eg, the Shades of Green entrance is all torn up). A lot of those little raised pavement reflector things around, especially the intersection of Seven Seas Drive and Floridian Way. Overall a pretty torn up stretch at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter