Marathon Weekend 2022

SAFD: My perfect day at Disney is doing a mix of new things and old favorites.

I would wake up at a Disney resort I've never stayed at. We'd rope drop Magic Kingdom and ride rides all morning. For lunch we'd have new-to-us MK snacks - spring rolls, loaded tator tots, and a new dole whip flavor combo.

In the afternoon we'd hop to Epcot and do the seasonal scavenger hunt around world showcase with drinks. Then, we might buy a souvenir we really don't need (because of those drinks in world showcase)! For dinner we'd do a new-to-us table service restaurant in Epcot.

We'd conclude the day with a late evening dip in the resort pool!

SAFD: I think I got to experience my perfect days last year just after the parks re-opened, perfect for this introvert that generally gets annoyed easily. Resorts were quiet , sidewalks were wide open, waits were low.
We stayed at VGF right after it re-opened and left the dat before the parks opened. I could count the number of cars in the parking lot. We had the pool, lobby and Gasparilla Grill to ourselves. Once in a lifetime.

SAFD:

Well it would have to start with two teenagers and my wife all walking up on time and happy to get up and are ready quickly. I make a quick cup of coffee and we head to the busses. One is ready and heads to the Magic Kingdom right after we board.

We easily make rope drop and hit a good handful of rides in fantasyland before heading to a breakfast at The Crystal Palace; I am a sucker for a breakfast buffet! After eating my weight in Mickey waffles we head back into the park and hit our favorites. Pirates, Country Bears, Tiki Room, BTMR, Haunted Mansion, People Mover, CoP and Space Mountain. Somewhere in this fun afternoon we hit up Starbucks for my oldest and wife and Dole Whip for my youngest and myself!

Late afternoon cat nap and then we head to Ohana for dinner. And they are on their game! We watch the fireworks from a perfect viewing spot in the restaurant and they pipe in the music. After a great meal we head back into MK and ride Astro Orbiter and Space Mountain again before catching the second viewing of fireworks and castle show. We luck into a great spot just before the show and afterwords head against the flow of people and for the last ride of the night…Splash Mountain, which we do twice!

Thoroughly soaked we slowly walk out of the park which is pretty empty now. We are tired, wet and very happy to be together in out favorite place. We all get some hot chocolate and head to the bus.

SAFD: We were in FL this summer for something else and went to Disney for one day and it was what I'd call my perfect day. We went to Epcot with our 4 year old, he played a bit in the playground areas, we did the scavenger hunt, some of the F&G exhibits, only did 5 rides (Imagination, Living with the Land, Seas with Nemo, whtaever they are caling the Mexico boat ride now, and Spaceship Earth), and just enjoyed being there. We tried all of the food samples we wanted, just absorbed the atmosphere, and let him hang out and do what he wanted to do. I like the rides but just have no desire to wait in a line any more than about 30 minutes.

SAFD:. I spent my 40th birthday in Hollywood Studios in January this year. Really don't think it could be much better than it was. I woke up and scored boarding group 27 for Rise. Everyone was ready to leave the hotel by 740, which I almost thought was too early, but cars were just starting to lineup so didn't have to loop back. We got in and nearly walked on MMRR, waited 15-20 minutes for SDD, walked on tsm and as2, walked over to star wars from toy story to get to RotR. Built droids with my daughter. I built one and wife helped daughter with hers. Had lunch at Sci Fi. Let my daughter have fun at Disney Junior. Rode skyliner for the first time back to our resort at AoA, had droid races in our room. Went back in the evening and did MMRR again, then the mickey shorts theater, Muppets 3D then had a park closing ADR at Hollywood and Vine, so basically had birthday dinner with Mickey and Minnie. :smickey:::MinnieMo

SAFD: Wake up at CCV cabin early, hop in private hot tub, grab some bacon and scrambled eggs cooked by someone else, take boat to MK for Crystal Palace, more bacon this time with characters, Monsters, Buzz, Barnstormer, SDMT, Liberty Belle, Mickey Bar, Popcorn, BTMR, Kakamora Float, Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, late lunch at Skipper Canteen, Pirates, Emporium, boat back to cabin. Pool. Watch fireworks from cabin, electric boat light parade thingy, perhaps more hot tub, bed. If I’m still hungry, snacks from Geyser Point… +/- nightcap

SAFD: My perfect day would start at the Polynesian in a lagoon view room. Sit on the balcony as the sun comes up. Take the monorail to Magic Kingdom for rope drop and hit up favorite attractions like Space Mountain, Mine Train, BTMRR, and Splash. Mid-morning coffee break at Starbucks taking in the sights and sounds of Main Street. Do a few more rides before lunch at Be Our Guest. Park hop to Hollywood Studios. Do a few of my favorite rides there and then park hop to Epcot using the friendship boats. Dinner at Via Napoli and a stroll through World Showcase. Monorail back to Magic Kingdom for fireworks and then back to Polynesian. Try to catch the Electrical Water Pageant.

I just went to the Marathon Weekend preorder page and the Marathon bundle is gone! :sad:

I wanted all 3 items (logo pin, medal replica pin, and the magnet) and I won't be able to get to the expo until Saturday. I knew I wanted to preorder but I didn't expect it to be sold out already!

I just went to the Marathon Weekend preorder page and the Marathon bundle is gone! :sad:

I wanted all 3 items (logo pin, medal replica pin, and the magnet) and I won't be able to get to the expo until Saturday. I knew I wanted to preorder but I didn't expect it to be sold out already!
I also was a "snooze and lose". It's been sold out for several weeks. I check it every day, but I don't think it will be back for pre-order. Maybe all the items have always been this way, but I noticed you can order up to 10 of each. I'm hoping someone on these boards ordered an extra or two and will resell one to me (at a profit of course) and not just put them on eBay.

Otherwise, I hope to find someone who will be at the Expo when it first opens and pick up one for me. One of the Diser's did that for me a few years ago for the W&D HM medal pin.

I kid you not, after wavering since registration opened, I finally decided to switch from the marathon to Dopey and, as I’m sure you all know, it’s sold out 😭 My own fault for being indecisive. I just can’t believe how sad I am about it considering I couldn’t make up my mind for so long. I’ll be checking daily in hopes they release some more bibs. Anyone else in the same shoes? Can we cry together over not being able to voluntarily put our bodies through such pain?? 😩😩😩

I also was a "snooze and lose". It's been sold out for several weeks. I check it every day, but I don't think it will be back for pre-order. Maybe all the items have always been this way, but I noticed you can order up to 10 of each. I'm hoping someone on these boards ordered an extra or two and will resell one to me (at a profit of course) and not just put them on eBay.

Otherwise, I hope to find someone who will be at the Expo when it first opens and pick up one for me. One of the Diser's did that for me a few years ago for the W&D HM medal pin.
I had no idea, I really didn’t expect it to sell out! I even considered buying the goofy challenge set but I saw it only includes the goofy merch, not the individual races. I really wanted them for my first marathon, but I’m sure they’ll be sold out by the time I get there.

Thanks for the info. I’ve never arranged anything like that before but I’d definitely be interested if someone was willing to pick them up for me.

I had no idea, I really didn’t expect it to sell out! I even considered buying the goofy challenge set but I saw it only includes the goofy merch, not the individual races. I really wanted them for my first marathon, but I’m sure they’ll be sold out by the time I get there.

Thanks for the info. I’ve never arranged anything like that before but I’d definitely be interested if someone was willing to pick them up for me.
I have no idea how this year will be, but in the past the medal replica pin sold out at the Expo pretty fast, but the logo pin and magnet were still available individually at least on Friday when I arrived. There will also be many for sale on eBay. The resellers will start them out at stupid high prices and then keep dropping the price over the next few weeks / months until they are all sold. I have bought several medal replica pins a year or two after the races at a pretty deep discount (I didn't start collecting the pins from the races I ran until a few years after I started doing rD).

I have no idea how this year will be, but in the past the medal replica pin sold out at the Expo pretty fast, but the logo pin and magnet were still available individually at least on Friday when I arrived. There will also be many for sale on eBay. The resellers will start them out at stupid high prices and then keep dropping the price over the next few weeks / months until they are all sold. I have bought several medal replica pins a year or two after the races at a pretty deep discount (I didn't start collecting the pins from the races I ran until a few years after I started doing rD).
Good to know, thanks! I bought a race pin on eBay once but I’m still not sure if it’s a fake. I’m still going to look at the expo anyway, but I guess I’ll have to check eBay once the weekend’s over.

A guy I follow on instagram (Mike Wardian) is doing Bigs this year. It looks lIke a truly crazy experience!
Wardian dropped out at mile 150. They are currently on Mile 330. 3 of them left and all 3 are going to beat the world record in the next 2 hours. It is crazy. You can watch live on FB. But be warned that it is a time suck.

I'm not participating in Marathon weekend, but I am for Princess. I just looked tonight and there is absolutely nothing available to preorder for Princess. This is not at all typical to have nothing available to pre-order 4 months in advance. I'm wondering if it's a glitch of some sort, or has something to do with the shipping issues going on in California.

I'm not participating in Marathon weekend, but I am for Princess. I just looked tonight and there is absolutely nothing available to preorder for Princess. This is not at all typical to have nothing available to pre-order 4 months in advance. I'm wondering if it's a glitch of some sort, or has something to do with the shipping issues going on in California.
Wow! I'm participating in both, and there were pre-order items for both weekends both last night and this afternoon. I just looked and there isn't anything to purchase for either weekend now. If the issue (whatever it may be) is resolved, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they're able to restock all items!

I have not been much of an active participant in the thread this year but what is the majority feeling on expectations for on-course characters this year for the 10k?

With G+ and ILL needing attn at 7 am and this being my daughter's first 10K, we want to take our time and enjoy it and I am trying tog get an idea how long it is going to take us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter