Marathon Weekend 2021

In. Still considering which events. Would love to do Goofy or, perhaps if I totally lose my mind, Dopey. What could possibly go wrong?

I'm going for my first Dopey! I've done Goofy 3 times, so we're finally planning a trip long enough to allow me to do Dopey. For anyone that has stayed at the BWV for marathon weekend, if we are looking at a standard view studio, is this typically a reservation that needs to be walked or should we be fine booking right at 11 months?

I'm going for my first Dopey! I've done Goofy 3 times, so we're finally planning a trip long enough to allow me to do Dopey. For anyone that has stayed at the BWV for marathon weekend, if we are looking at a standard view studio, is this typically a reservation that needs to be walked or should we be fine booking right at 11 months?
BWV owner here. Yes, you need to walk a standard view studio. Any big/busy time and even non busy times.

I will add that I had been walking standard studio to get to Xmas (but cancelled and now going to book 1BR). Things are crazy all booked up for Dec next year. Even the P/G studios and the standard 1BR. Those typically don't book up right at 8am of 11 month window but have been for next Dec. So get in and start walking when you can because marathon is right after NY's. So folks will just keep walking through.

I will add that I had been walking standard studio to get to Xmas (but cancelled and now going to book 1BR). Things are crazy all booked up for Dec next year. Even the P/G studios and the standard 1BR. Those typically don't book up right at 8am of 11 month window but have been for next Dec. So get in and start walking when you can because marathon is right after NY's. So folks will just keep walking through.
Thanks for sharing! We don't own BWV, but definitely want to stay there for ease of spectating for DH and the kids. I'm in the process of trying to find an owner or agency to go through to rent our stay, so I'll have to look for someone that is willing to walk it a bit. We're planning to go down the Monday before race weekend, since DD will still be on winter break for a couple days at that point, so I was hoping we could sneak in between the New Years rush and Marathon Weekenders.

My wife and I are planning to run 2021 Marathon. I ran a lot (2 Disney Marathons+ 1 Goofy) then stopped 8 years ago after grad school and kids. My wife also was a runner but this will be her first marathon. I'm looking to try to PR in my first race in the "Master's" category. My wife lists this as her top race she wants to run because there will be plenty of cheering squad and many runners in her time slot. Hoping with the last two years being too hot, maybe 2021 is when it snowed like 2010.

After living vicariously through the 2020 thread over the weekend, I'm definitely thinking more and more about doing another Marathon Weekend (I did the 5K back in 2017 as my first Run Disney race). I'm tentatively aiming for 2022 or 2023 for my first full, but I'm contemplating the half for 2021. I have to figure out the rest of my year first and decide if I have the time off/resources/training for it.

Mark me down as a very strong maybe to do at least the full & DATW on a solo trip and any additional days/races depends on my families vacation plans for the year. As we may do a long WDW trip later in 2021 OR a land & sea adventure.
I should be in good shape to do it (the training and the race) by then.
Only X factor now is what I decide to do about Wine N Dine 2020.
I'm in major rundisney withdrawal as my last dis-race was Jan of 19'!!!!

So let me ask this, I still consider myself a novice runner after two years. Ive only done one 10k and that was done to get a POT after I comitted to run the Star Wars Half Marathon this coming April. Ive told myself if the Half goes well, Id try the full. The question is, is jumping up to Goofy or Dopey for 2021 too much of a stretch given my limited experience?

So let me ask this, I still consider myself a novice runner after two years. Ive only done one 10k and that was done to get a POT after I comitted to run the Star Wars Half Marathon this coming April. Ive told myself if the Half goes well, Id try the full. The question is, is jumping up to Goofy or Dopey for 2021 too much of a stretch given my limited experience?

With proper training you should be fine. While I did run track and cross country in high school, I went well over a decade with little to no running. I decided to run the 2017 Dopey, and was able to complete it. The only thing that caused me problems was the stomach bug I caught a couple of days before, so my troubles weren't due to being unprepared or anything.

I wouldn’t consider it to inexperienced but I would still at least try to find a full before making the jump. There is a huge mileage difference from going to the 10k to the half to the full. A race once at the full distance will give you a chance to work out any kinks before Dopey.

I ran my first half at MW 2018. I ran my first full as part of Dopey 2019. It is doable as long as you have a good training plan and stick with it. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter