Marathon Weekend 2020

For those looking for discounts to spur Marathon Weekend registration, it sounds like RunDisney was offering discount codes for the marathon and Goofy/Dopey at the PeachTree Expo.

For those looking for discounts to spur Marathon Weekend registration, it sounds like RunDisney was offering discount codes for the marathon and Goofy/Dopey at the PeachTree Expo.

No half? I have not signed up yet for the half but was only planning that for 2020, and maybe the 10k if it opens back up.

Can any of these Dopey discount codes be shared? I have registered for Dopey but daughter has not signed up yet.

Well now I need to register. I'm still waffling on what to run. I was set for the marathon but then thought about dropping down to the half to get more park time. Now I'm thinking about goofy. Sigh. But I don't really want to wake up at 3am two days in a row on vacation. Hmmph.

With ADR day coming up, I'm having a hard time on our meal after the half. We are skipping the parks and going to Disney Springs. We want our bigger meal at lunch rather than dinner but I don't LOVE any of the table service there. Can someone recommend a quick service that is filling but also indoors? I hate grabbing food and having to go sit on the side of a wall or something :P

At Springs, the best are probably Blaze and D-Luxe. Another option is Jock's, which while not a quick service restaurant has some great small plates.

I'd strongly recommend Enzo's Hideaway or Morimoto though

With ADR day coming up, I'm having a hard time on our meal after the half. We are skipping the parks and going to Disney Springs. We want our bigger meal at lunch rather than dinner but I don't LOVE any of the table service there. Can someone recommend a quick service that is filling but also indoors? I hate grabbing food and having to go sit on the side of a wall or something :P

I really like Polite Pig, but I wouldn't eat #AllTheMeats the day before the marathon if you're doing that race as well.

Thanks @rteetz. Kind of expected that. Funny we have our campground ressie for Marathon weekend but have not signed up for the race yet.

Howdy Kris,
.......Also have FW reservation BUT might very well cancel since there will be no more M&M McFlurry stops for me. I bicycled 101 miles last Friday, 62 yesterday and next Wednesday is my 69th so that means 138 miles plus 2 for Good Measure but can't walk 10' without knee pain. Still not ready for the right knee replacement.

McFlurry John most likely over and out :sad1:

Howdy Kris,
.......Also have FW reservation BUT might very well cancel since there will be no more M&M McFlurry stops for me. I bicycled 101 miles last Friday, 62 yesterday and next Wednesday is my 69th so that means 138 miles plus 2 for Good Measure but can't walk 10' without knee pain. Still not ready for the right knee replacement.

McFlurry John, I really miss having you on the boards regularly! Keep that reservation, eat an M&M McFlurry, visit with us at meet-ups, and post your biking miles instead of running miles. You have always been so upbeat and encouraging. Blessings to you and your knee!

Thanks all and you're right since we do have up until 5 days before reservation starts to cancel. Leave it up to the All Wise and Powerful DISboards Collective to set me straight. :worship:

@John VN bummer on the knee. I am with @Disney at Heart keep the ressie and hang out :). Are you doing the Gaps this year on the bike? I wanted to bike this summer but has not happened much. At least I am running.

No Gaps, too far of a drive for only 103 miles. DW just made a room reservation at Seven Sebring Raceway Hotel for February's Bike Sebring 12/24 Hour. Will try the 24 Hour RAAM Qualifying again and maybe if the right knee doesn't give out the night before in the hotel room I might get 350 miles in.

That’s our plan too right after the half. We’re going to DHS but only to ride attractions we get FP for. We’re considering brunch at Homecomin’.

I really like Polite Pig, but I wouldn't eat #AllTheMeats the day before the marathon if you're doing that race as well.
The Polite Pig was surprisingly good. I'm not a big meat eater so I opted for a couple of sides and and had a piece of brisket from my son's plate. Everything was delicious and there are lots of tables inside. The grapefruit margarita was also very good!

Howdy Kris,

This is very sad news. I hope your knee can rest, heal, and recover enough for you to get to marathon weekend and your McFlurry stop in January. If not, maybe as a John myself I'll have to pick up the tradition and make a stop for one in your honor. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter