• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone planning on taking buses to MK should anticipate a long commute. We’ve been on the POR bus for 45 minutes.

Last year we got stuck in that same awful traffic trying to get to MK on Saturday in a car. That, plus all the monorails went down, so they had to bus people from TTC. Missed our FP at BTMR, but a nice CM let us use it later.

Hope it wasn’t too painful a wait.

Congrats HM'ers!!!

Here is the last weather forecast:

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 11.23.39 AM.png

M (5am to 1:30pm) - T+D of 119 to 125 to 138 (pace adjustment of +2% to +3%)

Time for the finale race of Marathon Weekend. The weather has held for the final day. It looks to be quite a bit warmer than ideal. Unfortunately, it's also predicted to have minimal cloud cover. So my advice is to conserve, conserve, conserve. For those of you coming from the north and having trained in better weather conditions be wary of how you might feel at the outset of this race. The T+D is going to rise and with the lack of cloud cover the solar radiation effect is going to be tough. I'd suggest everyone looking at a time/pace goal to be truly conservative to start. That rise in temps is going to coincide with the most difficult portions of the race. So I would consider starting off at a pace at least about 2-3% slower than ideal.

If you forget all advice for tomorrow, then remember just one thing: Smile. Have fun! No matter your goals, stay positive. This is the victory lap of training. So go celebrate! Can't wait to hear about all of the triumphs of people crushing their goals.

Sometimes I wish my friend had done a full because I told her about the alert and she’s like you survived the Disneyland Half. And I’m like yeah but the full is a whole other ball game because of how long your out there

Yellow, I think. Is that lemon? I had one cup, thought it was gross and got water after that.

Yup yellow and it was disgusting. As were the sport beans.

Congrats half runners! Heard there was a lot of corral jumping out there today. It's a shame people resort to that instead of doing the right thing & toughing it out from where they deserve to be.

I was in the front row of F and the ladies manning the E corral were fabulous. They kept turning people away even when people were trying to rush the corral a few minutes after the start. I give them a lot of credit for continuing to check everyone and send them where they belonged!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter