Marathon Weekend 2017!

I've been away from Disney races for a while as my kids' activities kind of took over that time frame, but I'm in next year for Goofy. I just can't do Dopey - it's not the running but the early rising that I just can't commit to! I've done Goofy once, in additional to the half (twice) and the full (twice). I'm planning on a half in June to get my POT.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their encouragement and enthusiasm!

I ran my first marathon in WDW January 2015. I would like to attempt Dopey in 2017 but I heard rumors that they weren't doing it. I hope that's not true!!

I'm not sure where these rumors are coming from, but for what I'm seeing in my 1st Marathon Weekend it seems to be massively popular! I'd bet on an expansion of available Dopey slots before I'd bet on elimination of an obvious cash cow.

If RD is reading any of the forums/FB they could set the size of the Dopey participants at 15,000 and still sell it out especially in 2018. I hope it doesn't go anywhere. I am in for 2018.

Does anyone know the dates for the Princess 10K/half/5K 2017 and the registration dates? Can't find them anywhere...

I'm in for Dopey 2018 as well and I echo everyone else's sentiments that it's nice not being the only one looking so far ahead. One of my friends finished it last year and another did it this year. Unfortunately I have some knee issues that require smart, but slow training if I'm going to be coming out of this in one piece.

I am back.. I totally forgot I had started the official 2016 Dopey thread, so if anyone had posted on that.. Sorry..

I am about 95% that I want to do the dopey in 2017... But then I also am thinking that 2018 will be the 5th anniversary.. Which means POSSIBLY cooler bling, but also probably a better chance of getting shut out with it being so popular.

I'm not sure where these rumors are coming from, but for what I'm seeing in my 1st Marathon Weekend it seems to be massively popular! I'd bet on an expansion of available Dopey slots before I'd bet on elimination of an obvious cash cow.

The last 2 years there have been rumors about them not doing it, but like you said, I cant believe it not for at least the next 2 years... And then if the marathon explosion keeps happening, cant see it going away either.

I have my eye on a 20th anniversary Donald medal to add to my bling collection. I may or may not be foolish enough to do another Dopey, at least in 2017. In 2018, I'll be signing up for sure for the Dopey if it's still around.

I would like to do 2018 also to get the 25th anniversary marathon medal and 5th anniversary 10k and dopey medal. But I think I need to see
how the 2017 dopey goes. Exactly how hard is it to get up that early 4 days in a row?!

Well, we are now about 80% positive we want to do the marathon in 2017, but now rereading this thread and realizing that 2017 is the 20 anniversary for the half, we may need to go Goofy again. Hmmmm...

Well, we are now about 80% positive we want to do the marathon in 2017, but now rereading this thread and realizing that 2017 is the 20 anniversary for the half, we may need to go Goofy again. Hmmmm...

Well thanks for that info lol! DD26 now wants us to do Goofy! :)

Ha! Sorry about that. We have the 20 year anniversary marathon medal and the 10 year anniversary Goofy medal and hoping to get the 5 year/25 year anniversary medals for Dopey/Marathon, so, really, can we deny poor Donald the opportunity to provide us with yet another special anniversary medal??? I think not.

Zelly! I'm in for the Goofy 2017, I hope I get to meet you there!

!!
Woohoo!!! I see a dis meetup brewing!
I didn't see many folks mention going to the WISH meetup at Pop this year, but I'm definitely looking forward to that. I'm looking forward to having faces to go with so many of the peeps from here :)

!!
Woohoo!!! I see a dis meetup brewing!
I didn't see many folks mention going to the WISH meetup at Pop this year, but I'm definitely looking forward to that. I'm looking forward to having faces to go with so many of the peeps from here :)

I went. But still so new to these boards and only my second year running a runDisney race that I only knew one person. Myself! People were very friendly though. Just back from Florida and already wanting to go back!

I went. But still so new to these boards and only my second year running a runDisney race that I only knew one person. Myself! People were very friendly though. Just back from Florida and already wanting to go back!

I was there, too, Baloo in MI! Everyone was very friendly, but I felt a little out of place and was expecting a few more of the folks from here to be there.

I was there, too, Baloo in MI! Everyone was very friendly, but I felt a little out of place and was expecting a few more of the folks from here to be there.

Me to. Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk. Hope you had a good weekend!

I got there at just before everyone went outside. Stuck at the check desk. I asked a few if they were active on the boards and those I asked said no. So chatted with a few and went on my way went it broke up.

I wonder where the group pic is going to be posted at. If on FB only then I will never see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter