Marathon Weekend 2017!

That said, bib shirts and other merch was fast even just a bit past noon...

What are pre-order pins, the logo ones or mini medals? In the past I've always gotten the logo ones as preorder but just read on facebook a person got mini medal pins for preorder Dopey bundle. Just wondering for future reference (not there for this one) as I only would want the logo ones and hope preorder stays as those.

What are pre-order pins, the logo ones or mini medals? In the past I've always gotten the logo ones as preorder but just read on facebook a person got mini medal pins for preorder Dopey bundle. Just wondering for future reference (not there for this one) as I only would want the logo ones and hope preorder stays as those.
I saw someone walking out with a Dopey bundle that was the medals. I got a Goofy pin bundle (since that's what I originally signed up for) and it's the logos, not medals.

I saw someone walking out with a Dopey bundle that was the medals. I got a Goofy pin bundle (since that's what I originally signed up for) and it's the logos, not medals.
Interesting it's different depending on the bundles, thanks! Guess if medal ones are given they could be exchanged.

Hope everyone makes it in & out of the expo safely, sounds & woah looks a bit nuts, those lines no way!

Could someone who got the preorder jacket or the tervis tumbler post a pic? Im hoping the tumbler is that water bottle from the merch pics they released

I would highly recommend that anyone going to the expo wait for a bit...
View attachment 213396 View attachment 213397

The line ins extremely long to get into the main building. RD could really do a better job. Have shirt pickup be somewhere else for those that might not care to shop, or set up a big tent outside exclusively for RD merchandise. No reason to wait in a line this long to pick up race related stuff, nor have I waited this long at any other race I face ever ran.

That line is insane! So glad I was in and out of there quickly. Rundisney does need to do a better job with this.

This is my 4th marathon weekend and I've never seen it like this. Maybe I've just come at the right times in the past...

My exact reaction when I saw the Dooney: "meh." :confused3

Yes! Was originally just going to get Haunted Mansion but grabbed the Space Mointain ones too. :angel:

Yeah, I am quickly letting go of the idea of getting any merch. I'm in the freaking bib line!!

Awesome! I'd like a pair but never run in NB so probably won't risk it.

I know the line has zig zags maybe they aren't enforcing it?

Ah well means an earlier expo open next year at least.

I know the line has zig zags maybe they aren't enforcing it?

Ah well means an earlier expo open next year at least.

You are more optimistic than I am. I see this and think this is great marketing for the early expo pass. Why open earlier when people are willing to pay for early access?

The line ins extremely long to get into the main building. RD could really do a better job. Have shirt pickup be somewhere else for those that might not care to shop, or set up a big tent outside exclusively for RD merchandise. No reason to wait in a line this long to pick up race related stuff, nor have I waited this long at any other race I face ever ran.

That's for the expo not pickup... The rd merch was upstairs where other pre paid merch pick up was

I used the "Handler" attachment. It's the 6" long handle. It's also allowed into the parks because it doesn't matter extend so it's not considered a selfie stick. But I got an extra battery as well. I can't remember the name of it. The thing was amazing, I had plenty of battery all day. If you send me a reminder PM I will check out the name when I get home tonight.

Just saw this. I purchased a handle attachment - no gimble. It will be shaky while I run, but I'm doing run/walk and plan on doing most filming during the walk portion.

Got to the Expo around 2:00. Next to no lines for bin pickup and could walk right into official merchandise. All magnets still available. Dopey apparel was sparse.

Edit: Line to the Jostens Center portion of the Expo is stupid. I've got my bibs, magnets and race shirts and don't need that hassle!

Last edited:
Yeah, best part about being Dopey is I didn't actually have to go into that building (just for NB shoe queue).
Awesome! I'd like a pair but never run in NB so probably won't risk it.
I just walk around in them. I have the Ariels from 2016 and wear them casually.
I don't get it. The merchandise looks mostly terrible this year.
Agreed. All I really wanted was an I Did It shirt...but I didn't want it that badly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter