Mar. 13, 2010 Eastern Magic - "Caribbean Amphibians"

Hi EJ's Mom,
We are going down the Thursday before the cruise -- and are thinking about making our hotel and car rental reservations fairly soon. We want to burn off a few points in a hotel plan we have, and like you, want to be sure there's room at the inn!
Last year my brother and family had their flight snowed out, which meant they couldn't get to Tampa as scheduled for their cruise. They ended taking standby for four people to Ft. Lauderdale, and hiring a driver for $500 cash to take them to Tampa through the night. We sagely say we'll learn from their misfortune!
Cheers

NurseHoliday. / .Ashley
Where in Alabama are you?

to those questioning the temp of the water. . .the first two March cruise it was warm and nice. . .last year the water seemed a little colder to me.

Hello everyone!
I have a question for anyone who has been to the destinations on our cruise! What is your favorite excursion? We have only been on 1 Disney cruise this past May. (We went to Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Castaway.) Any suggestions on excursions for this cruise?party:

Swimming with the dolphins was fun on Anguilla. . .however the tender ride there and back was rough!

Our family loves to parasail at Castaway Cay! It's our favorite and we were so disappointed one year when it wasn't available!

I changed our ressies this morning, so we will no longer be cruising with you all. :sad2: We bumped our cruise up to Jan. due to a conflict with my job, so we will be checking out another cruise thread. Enjoy your spring break at Castaway Cay (my favorite place!) pirate: pirate: pirate:

HI All,
We are taking this cruise, our first cruise, and wanted to introduce ourselves.
My DH,me (Christine) and DS6 (Ethan) are from Ontario. We debated taking this cruise due to price and what we could get on other cruise lines for cheaper, but alas, we are here and paying through the nose; I hope it will be awesome!
We haven't booked our flights yet but hoping to fly out of Buffalo on Friday before. I still am doing some research on excursions but not sure what.....would love to hear what everyone else is doing. Any other little kiddies going around the same age as my son?
Chat soon!

Hello there to Ej's mom. We are from Ontario too. My kids are 8 and 10 at the time of the cruise. We are also looking at booking flights from Buffalo on the Friday before. Though I can get a better price from Detroit. We are thinking beach time for our excursions but are still considering all the options and are looking for other opinions too. Cheers,

Hi Pumpkin21.......we're also from Ontario. We don't have to fly as we'll be in Florida before we cruise. If we did, we'd take Air Tran or Spirit....good prices. My grandkids are 3,5,7 and 13. We're looking forward to beach time as well, with a little shopping thrown in for me. Lets hope for good weather.I've been looking at millions of posts and have a list of beaches for both islands...it's just deciding. welcome!!!!!:cool1:

Hi Disney Nana,
I've been lurking a lots, and have seen you're looking for great ideas. I suspect there will be quite a few Canadians on this cruise, given that it's our March break period.
The scrapbooks folks have posted - not to mention amazing craft work on the FEs - is tremendously inspiring.
For shore excursions, we are thinking about the rain forest hike on St. Maarten, and then I would really love to get the whole family snorkeling - DD is 10, and very excited at the prospect.
But first, it's a matter of getting through Hallowe'en. Don't know about your neighbourhood, but ours goes crazy fun for the event!
best,

Paper

HI All,
We are taking this cruise, our first cruise, and wanted to introduce ourselves.
My DH,me (Christine) and DS6 (Ethan) are from Ontario. We debated taking this cruise due to price and what we could get on other cruise lines for cheaper, but alas, we are here and paying through the nose; I hope it will be awesome!
We haven't booked our flights yet but hoping to fly out of Buffalo on Friday before. I still am doing some research on excursions but not sure what.....would love to hear what everyone else is doing. Any other little kiddies going around the same age as my son?
Chat soon!

Our friends are flying out of Buffalo, but we'll be redeeming points for our flights, so we're coming from Toronto. My DS will have just turned 6 by the time we cruise...

ok - so who has started a packing list that they want to share so everyone can add ideas?:confused3

totally forgot to tell you all --- if you google or 'swagbuck' - Kodak Photo Gallery Thanks -- you can find a screen where you can sign up for a free $15 photo gift. You can use this gift to buy a tshirt - which comes to $2.99 after shipping --- I did this and used an upload of the kermit pirate at the left of this message and had it put on the tshirt --- it turned out great!

Hi everyone

We're joining this fun bunch on this cruise. :thumbsup2 Me (Monika) my DW (Vicki) and our DD (Lillian) who will be 10 months old at the time of the cruise.
We're in a Cat 4, can't remember the number atm.

We're flying from California, so we decided to get into Orlando a couple days early to let the baby adjust to the time change. We'll be staying at AKV March 11-13 and then after the cruise at BLT, March 20-22. Looong vacation. However, this will be the baby's 2nd trip to WDW in her young life! Yup, we're WDW addicts. :rotfl2:

Looking forward to meeting ya all!

Welcome to the group!

Hi everyone

We're joining this fun bunch on this cruise. :thumbsup2 Me (Monika) my DW (Vicki) and our DD (Lillian) who will be 10 months old at the time of the cruise.

We're flying from California, so we decided to get into Orlando a couple days early to let the baby adjust to the time change. We'll be staying at AKV March 11-13 and then after the cruise at BLT, March 20-22. Looong vacation. However, this will be the baby's 2nd trip to WDW in her young life! Yup, we're WDW addicts. :rotfl2:

Hi everyone

Welcome! Make sure you visit the first message in the thread and pm me your info if you would like to take part in the Fish Extender Gift Exchange!

Welcome new cruise family!!! I am in Florida now until the 2nd week of Dec. I am looking for fish extender gifts and continuing to get excited! It's 85 degrees here today and beautiful. It sounds like the cruise might be full acc. to my TA. Have a good day everyone!:cool1:

Just placed a deposit today.

I was stunned that Spring Break was available for a reasonable cost. It's been 5 years since my last DCL cruise - costs have just been too high, so I have been sailing other cruise lines. But on a whim I checked rates for Spring Break. Granted we'll be inside, but the inside rates are comparable to a balcony rate I was willing to pay in summer. So, DCL here we come!

It's just two of us. Sara is a Kindergarten teacher and I am a Business Analyst. We live in the Dallas, TX area and are looking forward to this vacation.

I look forward to getting to know all of you - and according to my travel agent - only 123 days til embarkation!

Hi Scott & Sara!
Welcome to the group! I am also a teacher. Glad you are joining us.

Just placed a deposit today.

I was stunned that Spring Break was available for a reasonable cost. It's been 5 years since my last DCL cruise - costs have just been too high, so I have been sailing other cruise lines. But on a whim I checked rates for Spring Break. Granted we'll be inside, but the inside rates are comparable to a balcony rate I was willing to pay in summer. So, DCL here we come!

It's just two of us. Sara is a Kindergarten teacher and I am a Business Analyst. We live in the Dallas, TX area and are looking forward to this vacation.

I look forward to getting to know all of you - and according to my travel agent - only 123 days til embarkation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter