Manis/Pedis

BecBennett

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
I think this was asked a couple of months ago, but now I cant find it through google :confused3

Anyhoo, where is/did everyone going for their manicures/pedicures before the wedding?

I've heard the onsite salons are expensive and not the best quality, whereas the offsite salons are cheaper and a little better, however you have to be able to get to them...

Also, do you know if they do gel/shellac etc.?

I had mine done at the mandara spa at the dolphin for ease (we were staying at the boardwalk/dolphin) they were great and the spa is beautiful, I cant remember what the price was but we got a 20% discount as we are AAA (AA for uk) members and showed my card.

That mandara salon at the swolphin supposedly has shellac per the shellac home page. I fou d a place at home that does it and am going to gamble that it will last 5 days and do it the day before we leave. I know I was a person asking questions about off site salons, if I can find any thread links I will post some later from my lap top!

I'm curious if anyone knows a place outside of the resorts. We will have a car down there but these prices are crazy!! I mean I can get a mani/pedi at home for the cost of just the mani!!

I had the nail shellac done before our engagement pictures in October. I wanted to try it out before the wedding. It is a little more expensive than a traditional manicure but it lasted 3+ weeks until I had them take it off! :woohoo: Normally, I chip my manicures within 2 - 3 days so this was a pleasant surprise. I'll be getting it done again before we head to Disney for our wedding in March.

I agree with the pp. I'm going to use a home salon and get the gel or shellac as I had gel for a wedding last march and not only did it not chip but looked new for weeks. In the past when I get regular mani/pedi the mani starts chipping by the second day.The jel with the heat lamp cost more but worth it. I have to admit I damaged my nails using this process but in a short time they were back to normal.I don't usually get manicures but for special events.

I agree with the pp. I'm going to use a home salon and get the gel or shellac as I had gel for a wedding last march and not only did it not chip but looked new for weeks. In the past when I get regular mani/pedi the mani starts chipping by the second day.The jel with the heat lamp cost more but worth it. I have to admit I damaged my nails using this process but in a short time they were back to normal.I don't usually get manicures but for special events.

was it as bad as just getting a regular gel set of nails? i never believe services like this that claim they don't damage the nails, especially when you have to soak them off! my natural nails are pretty strong and i wear them really short for work, but i hate that weak, peely feeling after getting nails removed!!

for me it was about the same as when I use to get nail tips applied. def weak and peely but I applied polish that helped strengthen the nails but it was not a good thing for your nail health.

I just got my nails done before Christmas at a place about 20 min from Disney, and they lasted awhile. It's the first time I got acrylic done there and I wanted to make sure they would look good for my wedding. The pricing was really good and they have the gel too. It's called Elite Spa & nails. My sisters and I get our nails done once a month and the customer service is great! Here is the address if you want to check them out.
4806 Grandview Pky, Davenport, FL 33837. Hope this is helpful!!:thumbsup2

I had a pedi at the GF Spa it was expensive but it was lovely and the CMs were great and it lasted ages.

Thanks everyone :goodvibes

I might start getting gel put on now, and just get infills, that way while the gel is on my nails wont break or chip, or crack or any of that nonsense, and might actually grown a bit before the wedding... :idea:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter