Manhattan Restaurant

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This table service restaurant is located in the Hotel New York. This is a nice restaurant for those requiring a finer dining experience of the Parkside Diner.
The restaurant features an outside entrance and is located in a beautiful circular room on the ground floor of the hotel.

Link to other restaurant reviews :)

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

I hope this is teh right thread to post this in.

OK, on December 10, 2006, ex-BF and I had dinner here. It was our first day at DLP and we were staying at the HNY. I LOVE the Manhattan Restaurant, so that's how we decided to eat here.
The menu had changed quite a bit since the previous time I ate here. It was now 44 EUR for a 3-course meal, and the offerings differed quite a bit from before.
It's more expensive now, but still very worth it, they will see me again in the future!

Menu:
P1020048.jpg

My appetizer: "Nage de Saint-jacques au Saffran, mouseux de chorizo". It were very good scallops :)

P1020044.jpg

J. Had the foie gras appetizer:

P1020045.jpg

My main course was: "Noisettes de veau aux girolles, gnocchi d'epeautre". It was veal with spelt gnocchi and veggies. Very very VERY good!

P1020046.jpg

J. Had the curried lamb, and he asked for mashed potatoes with that . Our server was quite confused by that request. :confused3

P1020047.jpg

I then had the flambeed crepes for dessert. Not only were they very yummy, the server also provided a little show around the flambee-ing! Just to see that again, I would order it again!

P1020051.jpg

J. didn't want dessert :confused3 but had a coffee

P1020052.jpg

Since we stayed at the HNY, we also had breakfast at the Manhattan restaurant:

P1020053.jpg

BTW, I only took a that on my plate to show you what was available... You didn't think I ate that much for breakfast, did you?? ;) :rolleyes1 :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

The menu of Manhattan has changed, now it's an Italian restaurant. The price is about the same as before. Haven't tried the new menu yet, but it looks very good. However I liked the old menu so much I doubt it will be better.

I knew i'd read that the menu had changed, anyone know what the new menu is like or where i could find it?i'd love to eat here but hadn't faniced anything on the old menu.

We are considering trying this restaurant on our next visit next month. If we do I'll do a report and get loads of photos

:thumbsup2 That would be wonderful- any chance of a pic of the menu too:goodvibes

I'd be really interested in the seeing the new menu too... My partner loves Italian food so it could potentially be a really nice place to go for a meal! :goodvibes

Bob xoxox

i'm really looking forward to eating here- i love italian food it could could knock cafe mickey off my number one spot of favourate restaurant

When are you going? If it's before April 7th, let me know if it's good!

Bob xoxoxo

Urmmmmm Sept 2009:rolleyes1 maybe you'll be telling me how good it is

Too bad they changed it, I really liked the restaurant and the food as it was. Ate some really good things there!

Does anyone have an idea about the prices? Last time I went, they had upped the price considerable (44 eur instead of 32, or something like that for a 3-course menu) and I didn't go back because of the price.
I could forget about the change of food if the food is good and the price is decent again :)

We are still considering eating here on our next trip later this month so will let you all know. If we dont eat here I'll have a good look at the menu posted outside - glanced at it at Christmas but didnt really take it in

Too bad they changed it, I really liked the restaurant and the food as it was. Ate some really good things there!

Does anyone have an idea about the prices? Last time I went, they had upped the price considerable (44 eur instead of 32, or something like that for a 3-course menu) and I didn't go back because of the price.
I could forget about the change of food if the food is good and the price is decent again :)

A recent review on DLP Food forum seems to suggest there are 2 set menus: 38 and 44 Euros so it looks as though the price hasnt changed just the type of food

Sorry but the photo of the new menu isnt as clear as we'd hoped.

Not sure if you can read it but at least it gives an idea of the prices of the set meals. It looked very nice and we booked to go there on our last evening however we then changed our mind for several reasons and went elsewhere instead.

<table style="border-collapse:collapse;"><tr><td colspan="2"><embed src="http://apps.rockyou.com/photofx.swf" quality="high" scale="noscale" salign="lt" width="750" height="1045.3846153846154" wmode="transparent" flashvars="imgpath=http%3A//img380.rockyou.com/photofx/27/27592/27592364/27592364_befd11c31207254722.jpg&glitterp=false&roundp=true&sepiap=false&theme=&shadowp=true&bevelp=true&width=750&height=1045.3846153846154&imageWidth=750&instanceid=27592364&userid=9422703&createDateString=Apr%2003%20%2708&username=%7E" name="rockyou" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

Thank you! Can't read a lot of it, but it answered my main questions (Which were price, and how much choice....).... ! :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxox

The €44 menu I thinks says any starter, any pasta, rissotto or main course and any dessert.

The €38 menu I think is - antipasti (mixed starter), any pasta or risotto and tiramisu.

I seem to remember there is no pizza on the adult menu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!