Man loses finger tips on POC??

Saw some posts about this yesterday.

Very SAD! Only thing that I can think of is that his arms were out or something like that...
Rides in theme parks, roller coasters can be DANGEROUS!:(


I will never forget when I was at a water park on a slide with a tube which was meant to sit on and teenagers were standing...I yelled to them to sit, they of course didn't and I told the ride operator at the bottom! SCARY!
 
Keep hands and feet inside the car at all times, its not just something they say, its important. I suspect it was a crush injury when the car pressed his hand against something outside the car. I don;t really know, but that is just my best guess.

My guess as well.
 

Not a child, a 57-year old man. This is from the Orlando Sentinel:

A tourist from the United Kingdom was hospitalized Thursday morning after an accident on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney's Magic Kingdom.

The tips of the man's ring finger and his pinky finger on his right hand were severed, according to Bo Jones, with the Reedy Creek Fire Department.

Jones said the man, whose name was not released, was holding on to the outside of the boat during the ride. It's not clear what hit the man's hand and caused the injury.

Disney spokeswoman, Andrea Finger, confirmed the accident and said the ride was briefly closed and has since been reopened.

A verbal safety message sounds each time the Pirates of the Caribbean ride is launched. It's not yet clear if the message is prerecorded or if a Disney employee is responsible for warning riders.

The exact wording of the safety message was not immediately available but Finger said guests are warned to keep hands and feet inside the ride.
 
Not a child, a 57-year old man. This is from the Orlando Sentinel:

A tourist from the United Kingdom was hospitalized Thursday morning after an accident on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney's Magic Kingdom.

The tips of the man's ring finger and his pinky finger on his right hand were severed, according to Bo Jones, with the Reedy Creek Fire Department.

Jones said the man, whose name was not released, was holding on to the outside of the boat during the ride. It's not clear what hit the man's hand and caused the injury.

Disney spokeswoman, Andrea Finger, confirmed the accident and said the ride was briefly closed and has since been reopened.

A verbal safety message sounds each time the Pirates of the Caribbean ride is launched. It's not yet clear if the message is prerecorded or if a Disney employee is responsible for warning riders.

The exact wording of the safety message was not immediately available but Finger said guests are warned to keep hands and feet inside the ride.

Unfortunate incident...awesomely appropriate name.
 
No Fox didn't say anything about the actual age. They just said someone lost a finger on the ride....and that Disney checked the ride and that the ride was safe. I read this morning online it was a kid......on a site with bad sources apparently......well then.
 
That's really unfortunate. They tell you to keep hands and feet inside the car at ALL times for a reason.
 
That's really unfortunate. They tell you to keep hands and feet inside the car at ALL times for a reason.

The injured man admitted it was his own fault. This is from Sky News:

Bo Jones, of the Reedy Creek Fire Department, told Sky News it is possible the thrill-seeker did not keep his hand inside the ride.

"We received a call from a Disney cast member informing us that a guest had been injured, so we responded and he was treated at a local hospital. It was a non-emergency situation," he said.

"He was around 57 years old. What the medic told me is was he was saying, 'I had my hand on the side of the boat and I shouldn't have. It was all my fault.'"
 
The boats bump into each other pretty hard as the ride ends. I can see this happening if he was sitting in the last row with his arm draped on the back of the boat and another ride vehicle hit him.
 
At least he admitted it was his own fault, I hope that it doesn't affect his holiday too much and others learn from it. I heard the conductor on the WDRR have to repeat a message several times to the same person moving around the carriage and the number of times small kids are put by the opening when the CMs specifically ask for them to sit on the left side. I suppose the common sense is left at home or Tinkerbelle is going to come along and save the day when they do something stupid.
 
Not a child, a 57-year old man. This is from the Orlando Sentinel:

A tourist from the United Kingdom was hospitalized Thursday morning after an accident on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney's Magic Kingdom.

The tips of the man's ring finger and his pinky finger on his right hand were severed, according to Bo Jones, with the Reedy Creek Fire Department.

Jones said the man, whose name was not released, was holding on to the outside of the boat during the ride. It's not clear what hit the man's hand and caused the injury.

Disney spokeswoman, Andrea Finger, confirmed the accident and said the ride was briefly closed and has since been reopened.

A verbal safety message sounds each time the Pirates of the Caribbean ride is launched. It's not yet clear if the message is prerecorded or if a Disney employee is responsible for warning riders.

The exact wording of the safety message was not immediately available but Finger said guests are warned to keep hands and feet inside the ride.

Geez, all Disney can do is point Fingers :rotfl:
 
Glad to see I was not the only one to find the irony in that. Also, nice to see people take personal responsibility.
 
The injured man admitted it was his own fault. This is from Sky News:

Bo Jones, of the Reedy Creek Fire Department, told Sky News it is possible the thrill-seeker did not keep his hand inside the ride.

"We received a call from a Disney cast member informing us that a guest had been injured, so we responded and he was treated at a local hospital. It was a non-emergency situation," he said.

"He was around 57 years old. What the medic told me is was he was saying, 'I had my hand on the side of the boat and I shouldn't have. It was all my fault.'"

Well, glad to hear he took responsibility. Nowadays people sue for every single thing.
 
Disney spokeswoman, Andrea Finger, confirmed the accident and said the ride was briefly closed and has since been reopened.
......
The exact wording of the safety message was not immediately available but Finger said guests are warned to keep hands and feet inside the ride.

I am rolling :rotfl:
 




New Posts









Receive up to $1,000 in Onboard Credit and a Gift Basket!
That’s right — when you book your Disney Cruise with Dreams Unlimited Travel, you’ll receive incredible shipboard credits to spend during your vacation!
CLICK HERE











DIS Facebook DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest DIS Tiktok DIS Twitter DIS Bluesky

Back
Top Bottom