Making an ADR upon park opening?

vcgirl925

DIS Veteran
What are the odds that we will be able to get a reservation for BOG if we go to guest relations upon park opening? Or do you think it would be better to try getting a walk-in? This trip was semi-spur of the moment (1.5 months in advance) so there are no ADR's available, but i am checking daily for the odd chance of there being an opening. I'll be happy with a lunch visit but i'd be ecstatic with a dinner visit.

What are the odds that we will be able to get a reservation for BOG if we go to guest relations upon park opening? Or do you think it would be better to try getting a walk-in? This trip was semi-spur of the moment (1.5 months in advance) so there are no ADR's available, but i am checking daily for the odd chance of there being an opening. I'll be happy with a lunch visit but i'd be ecstatic with a dinner visit.

There is, sadly, virtually no chance of getting a same-day or walk-up ADR for BOG dinner at this point. They overbooked the first few months of service so even when people cancel their ADRs, they're not cycling back into the system.

Your best bet will be to go there for lunch (it's CS, no ADRs). If you don't want a long wait, line up before it opens at 10:30.

There is, sadly, virtually no chance of getting a same-day or walk-up ADR for BOG dinner at this point. They overbooked the first few months of service so even when people cancel their ADRs, they're not cycling back into the system.

Your best bet will be to go there for lunch (it's CS, no ADRs). If you don't want a long wait, line up before it opens at 10:30.

Ok, thanks. That's the info i was looking for. I know some restaurants you can hope for a cancellation and squeak in. I'm fine with lunch, we know we'll be back to try dinner.

1) Your best chance is finding a resort Concierge with an override code.
2) Every resort has 1-2 Concierge with dining overrides.
3) They can insert a table even when the eatery is sold out.
. . . they are not advertised or acknowledged
. . . they override ressies very sparingly
. . . if they override much, the privilege is given to someone else
. . . they only way to find them is to ask if they "can fit you in" the eatery
. . . if they say "yes", you know they have a code and will do it
. . . if they say "no", either they don't have it or don't want to do it
4) We have put folks into every eatery
. . . if they were VIPs
. . . if they were Marketing guests
. . . if we liked them

NOTE: When looking at a restaurant grid, one sees black numbers
for the table size and the time. In some cases, there is a "red" number.
This means the time is oversold by the number of tables in red. As an
example, if you look at CRT, you will see 15-20 overrides per day - red
is a table override, not a person override. This backs up the ressies,
but the folks we want in di get into the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter