Make me excited for CBR!

KnJ

Mouseketeer
My DH and I just booked CBR with free dining October 2-8. We have never stayed there, and are curious to learn more about it. Please give us your thoughts and pics on the resort to get us excited!!

CBR is a really lovely resort. You can find TONS of pics and FAQs in this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3032047, by safetymom, one of the CBR experts around here.

The themeing is beautiful with six areas named after different islands, each one with it's own architectural style (Barbados, Martinique, Jamaica, Aruba and Trinidad, which has North and South sections), all surrounding a lake. If you're looking to stay near the Food Court (Old Port Royale) you can reserve a preferred room in Martinique or Trinidad North. Regular rooms that are also close can be found in Jamaica. The walk is not far, unless you are staying in the Pirate Rooms, which are in Trinidad South, the furthest "island". Each island has its own bus stop, so transportation is close by no matter where your room is.

It's very relaxing and beautiful. One of my favorites, with small "beach" sections with sand, lounge chairs and hammocks. Plus the pool area is fantastic, and each "island' also has it's own quiet pool.

One of the main complaints is that since it's quite large and spread out, you could be doing quite a bit of walking from your room to the Food Court. But again, unless it's Trinidad South, the walking is not that bad. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time!

Fun!! We stayed there for the first time in May of 2012. I was a hardcore Pop Century fan and had my doubts about staying there and in all honestly didn't want to. Now I don't want to stay anywhere else!! The buildings and entire resort is GORGEOUS. I loved loved loved the food court and gift shop area. The small beaches and hammocks were my absolute favorite and the rooms are very comfortable. It's very relaxing, quiet, and enjoyable.

I thought the food court, shop, and pool area is very nice. Food court has alot of different options and the theming is bright, airy, carribean like. Pool is great for little kids, pirate fans. Multiple bus stops, only issue is a far off section if you are many times a day at food, pool. But in oct it's also not too hot. So it's nice to stroll a bit. Not sure if I'd want to walk toomfar in mis-summer i'd melt.

Sry. But other than the pool we really don't find CBR appealing. For our tastes that is. I really do love CSR and POR though. Many love it and I'm sure youll get tons of good reviews.

I really love the theming of CBR and I find the resort peaceful and relaxing. We always travel with my mom for whom walking is a but of an issue (prefer she save her efforts for the parks), we we do prefer a smaller resort for our group. We rented a vehicle or paid for preferred rooms to for our CBR stays.

Left to my own choice I would always pick CBR...frankly I might pick it over a deluxe I enjoy the theming that much. Lounging on a hammock with my refillable mug is a wee but of paradise.

Oh, other plus is that CBR rooms are large (first mod built) and we find that a nice benefit.

CBR is a beautiful resort. It has white, sandy beaches with hammocks to lounge on and friendly ducks to visit with. There are beautiful colors and foliage throughout the resort. There are seven villages within the resort with bright, tropical colors. Each village has a quiet pool for swimming and sunning.

The rooms are large with two double beds, lots of storage, and two double sinks.

The main pool is zero entry and really nice. We like the food court and all it has to offer and the gift shop is great too.

CBR is a large but it is very manageable. We really enjoy walking around the lake/villages and seeing all the beautiful surroundings.

We are going again this July and again staying at CBR. This will be our 8th stay at CBR.

Have a great time at CBR!!!!!

We enjoyed our stay at CBR. It's a very peaceful resort. I loved the hammocks on the beach. We were right next to a quiet pool and had it mostly all to ourselves. The main pool is very nice too. We rented bikes and my kids really enjoyed riding around the resort. The theming does not feel very "Disney", but I'm fine with that and it is very lovely. We also enjoyed watching Illuminations fireworks from the beach. We've stayed at all the Mods and I prefer POFQ, with CBR a close second. I think the food court at CBR is better than POFQ.

My DH and I just booked CBR with free dining October 2-8. We have never stayed there, and are curious to learn more about it. Please give us your thoughts and pics on the resort to get us excited!!

It's been quite some time since our CBR stay (2002), but we loved it. The grounds were beautiful, the pool was great, the food court was very good, and the buses were quick and efficient. There are 4 or 5 internal bus stops, but we didn't think it took long getting through the resort. CBR is centrally located so it didn't take more than about 10 minutes to get to any theme park, water park, or DTD. We loved everything about the resort and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

I love CBR!! The colors are so bright and inviting and the landscaping is very tropical and fun! I love that each island has its own quiet pool so a quick dip is never far off. Caribbean Cay Island is awesome and a great place to relax in privacy. Overall, definitely a fantastic stay. I think its one of the most underrated moderates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!