Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

I've updated our itinerary based on our non-extended dates.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

Link is in my siggy!:thumbsup2

Good news and bad news today.

First the good....

We heard from our Wish Coordinator and we have our dates for sure. :banana::banana::banana:

Bad news...

Our Wish Granters were mistaken and our chapter is one of the ones that does not allow extending of dates. :sad2:

We will be at GKTW from March 2-8th. :yay:

And we should have flight information within a couple weeks because we are trying to coordinate my oldest daughters flight to land near the same time as ours. We are flying her in to stay with us at our expense.

I would double check with MAW. Our wish grantor said no not allowed but I asked person doing our flights and she said yes and allowed us to do it.

I would double check with MAW. Our wish grantor said no not allowed but I asked person doing our flights and she said yes and allowed us to do it.

Ours was the exact opposite. Our Wish Granters (the ladies who came to the house and submitted Faith's wish for approval) thought we could extend. The Wish Coordinator (the lady making our actual reservations) said they were mistaken and it was not allowed by our chapter.

It's all good though! We are just super excited for Faith to be granted her wish!

I have a question about GKTW and older siblings. I understand that each day there will be "treats" left in the villa for the Wish Kid (which is sooooo awesome!) and on TR that I've read with younger siblings, it looks like they were not left out. :thumbsup2 My question is would my older kids also have little treats? They are 18, 20, and 22 but are listed on our GKTW paperwork as "siblings".

I know they are technically adults, but they are still my babies. :goodvibes

Ever since Faith was born, everything has been dependant on her health. We have cancelled so many vacations, I have had to miss school plays, baseball games, marching band parades. Birthday parties have been scrapped, they rarely got to have friends stay over.....

and they NEVER ONCE complained. They had to grow up much too fast and I would love for them to be able to experience a bit of Pixie Dust while on this trip also.

If they don't have any little surprises left at the same time Faith does, then I will bring some and leave it for them when we leave each day. :cool1:

So I am wondering....do I need to bring little things or are adult siblings sprinkled with Pixie Dust also?

I just wanted to let you know we went to gktw Oct 18 to the 24th. My son was treated like a celebrity by the super hero's and villains at universal and that was not even his big wish. I am sure faith will just love it........and everyone else in the family. Disney was fabulous, but I have to say universal knocked it out of the park when it came to the maw families. The gifts left each day were at times geared toward the theme parties...Halloween hats and candy. A bag of candy canes and Santa hats. A game one night.....stuffed animals. So they could share at times.......

I just wanted to let you know we went to gktw Oct 18 to the 24th. My son was treated like a celebrity by the super hero's and villains at universal and that was not even his big wish. I am sure faith will just love it........and everyone else in the family. Disney was fabulous, but I have to say universal knocked it out of the park when it came to the maw families. The gifts left each day were at times geared toward the theme parties...Halloween hats and candy. A bag of candy canes and Santa hats. A game one night.....stuffed animals. So they could share at times.......

That is awesome how wonderfully your son was treated! I've heard that Universal really treats MAW kids well. :banana::banana::banana:

Thanks for the info about the daily surprises at GKTW. I just don't want the older kids to feel left out. :goodvibes

I am pretty sure it is for very kid under 18 so the older ones will not get the treats...although the 18 year old might.

I can not believe our trip is in 34 days!!!!!!! I really need to get planning. I started a trip report but no one was following so my planning kind of went tothe wayside.

I started a trip report but no one was following so my planning kind of went tothe wayside.

I'd love to follow your trip report Diegosmom! Can you link me to it? Your trip is coming up fast! How exciting!!!:yay:

Diegosmom - I would love to see your pretrip report.

Faiths Mom- You are on a roll, thank you for all the info.

We are 14 days from today for our trip....We are excited and nervous all at the same time.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3338944

I havent gotten too far with it lol

And Kristi wow yours is soon...do you have a pretrip report?

12 days and we are off.

I have no clue how to add the link for Aj's pre trip report, but I am going to cut and paste it for you. Fingers crossed! lol

I love that your sons wants to see a batcave. We have a little super hero on our trip also. All he cares about our the super hero's.

MONDAY: November 17th – WEAR MAKE A WISH SHIRTS AND/OR DISNEY SHIRTS
Depart Philly
Arrive at Orlando at 2:12pm
Meet greeter
Rental car
Arrive GKTW
Find our Villa & Orientation
Eat Dinner
7:30-8:30- GKTW- Halloween Party
8:00pm- Family Movie @ GKTW
*****Maybe Walmart run for water and snacks********

TUESDAY: November 18th - WEAR BATMAN SHIRTS
Breakfast at GKTW
Nickelodeon photos 8:30-9:30 at GKTW
Universal Studios (9-7)
Fishing @ GKTW 6:45pm-8:30pm
Mayor Clayton's party @ GKTW 7:30-8:30pm
Dinner???

WEDNESDAY: November 19th – WEAR PPD SHIRTS AND PRINCESS SHIRTS
Breakfast at GKTW
Horseback riding @ GKTW 8-11am
MAGIC KINGDOM ALL DAY (9-9)
Pirate Makeover this day- Pirate League 12pm
LUNCH or DINNER – possibly BE OUR GUEST?

THURSDAY: November 20th- WEAR MICKEY MOUSE SHIRTS
Breakfast at GKTW 8-10am
Disney character pictures @ GKTW
Hollywood Studios (9-4)
***MUST DO- Toy Story Mania, Playhouse Disney Show, Muppets 3d***
Lunch at Hollywood & Vine- 12:30
???Lego Land (10-5)or Seaworld (9-6)if AJ is up to it???
Dinner at GKTW
Christmas party @ GKTW (Santa, carriage rides and a parade)6:30-8:30

FRIDAY: November 21st – WEAR SAFARI MICKEY SHIRTS AND THEN MICKEY CHRISTMAS SHIRTS TO THE PARTY
Breakfast at GKTW
Universal Character Photos @ GKTW 8:30-9am
Animal Kingdom (9-5)
**Must Do’s – Safari, Tree, Dino Land, Finding Nemo and Lion King Shows**
Epcot (9-9)
**Must Do’s –Test Track, Soarin, Turtle Talk with Crush, Nemo and Friends and Japan has the oysters and pearls****
Magic Kingdom- Mickey’s Christmas party?(party is after hours-separate tickets needed for this, enter at 4, party starts at 7pm)

SATURDAY: November 22nd
Breakfast at GKTW
Lego Land (10-5) OR
SeaWorld (9-9)
Evening at GKTW for pool party 6:30-7:30pm
PACK

SUNDAY: November 23rd
Wake up at 3:00am
Leave by 4:30
Flight Departs at 6:15am from Orlando
Arrive in Philly at 8:35am

12 days and we are off.

I have no clue how to add the link for Aj's pre trip report, but I am going to cut and paste it for you. Fingers crossed! lol

Your PTR looks great! I'm so excited for you guys! :dance3:

Hi everyone!

We got the incredibly happy news that her guys (Washington Nationals) will be playing a Spring Training game against the Braves during our trip!

We know that date of the game but not the time. Historically the games are either 1pm or 6pm so I have made 2 plans for that day. We won't know for sure until Dec of the actual time.

So, I have made some adjustments to our itinerary. :thumbsup2

And....we had a sprinkling of Pixie Dust from a very sweet member of the DIS. I posted pictures in our PTR. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I have had a wonderful time reading through all the posts in this section! We have just submitted our daughter's request for a wish! She was approved through the initial eligibility stage and now we wait to see if her wish will be approved and granted. It took us a very long time to submit the wish. Our daughter is non-verbal and we were very worried that that would be a barrier to her wish being granted. We also waited for many years from when it was first suggested to us to even start the process. She is 8 1/2 now, we wanted to make sure it was a wish that she really wanted and will hopefully remember for a very long time!
:wave2:

I'm Wendy, mom to an awesome wish child and fierce cancer warrior! So exciting to read all these trip reports, I'm sure I will have 22 million questions!! :)Have been a member of DIS for awhile, huge Disney fan and just received our dates for our son's MAW trip but have no idea what it expect. We will be visiting Disney and staying at GKTW 4/29-5/5. Our son, Logan 3 is our wish child and he was diagnosed with stage 2 Wilms tumor last October and has had his left kidney removed and sailed through 6 months of chemo. Our 10 yr old Tyler is especially looking forward to our trip and has been the best big brother during what has been such a hard year for him. I will try to figure out how to post Logan's page. Just wanted to introduce myself, so great to have all of you here for support!

I have had a wonderful time reading through all the posts in this section! We have just submitted our daughter's request for a wish! She was approved through the initial eligibility stage and now we wait to see if her wish will be approved and granted. It took us a very long time to submit the wish. Our daughter is non-verbal and we were very worried that that would be a barrier to her wish being granted. We also waited for many years from when it was first suggested to us to even start the process. She is 8 1/2 now, we wanted to make sure it was a wish that she really wanted and will hopefully remember for a very long time!
:wave2:

Hi ButterflyEffect! Welcome! I have found this board (and especially this thread) to be an amazing resource as we plan Faith's time at GKTW! Almost any question you have, someone here will be able to answer!

Hope everyone is having a great Veterans Day! Thank you to all who have served!

Only 110 days left until Faith's Wish Trip! :banana::banana::banana:

ONLY 5 days till we leave! We meet with our Make A Wish representatives last night and they brought our confirmation packet with a shirt for AJ. He was very excited.

We are officially getting extra excited!!!!!!!!

ONLY 5 days till we leave! We meet with our Make A Wish representatives last night and they brought our confirmation packet with a shirt for AJ. He was very excited.

We are officially getting extra excited!!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yay! I'm so excited for y'all! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

well, i havent posted in a while, getting ready to write up my PTR, so i dont forget to later. having computer issues with my laptop so photos from out trip might not be uploaded until we get home (might be able to make my tablet read the camera, but last time it was a PITA and only read half the photos before deciding it wanted to format the card). in 3 days we will be meeting with out wish grantors (is that the right word? our local MAW coordinators, not sure what they are actually called.) to get our final little things from them. like the wish childs shirt, buttons, ect. got our final intenerary from MAW monday morning. we will be leaving on the 20th. a little disappointed that we have such a late flight into orlando (arriving at like 10pm), and a kind of early flight home limiting what we can do, but we will make the best of it!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter