Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!!! Barbara was the CM that took pictures, she is awesome!! I loved every minute, we had seen her on Wed. dancing in the parade, she just makes you happy & puts a smile on your face. This was such an awesome trip, I wished we had more time, we got to go back to GKTW one evening, Brooklin rode the merry-go-round 4 times, she loved it.

Brooklin's illness is very rare, it is an Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia, (Evans Syndrome) you can have it in differant ways, the majority is with the platlets not being normal, but Brook's is her white cell, red cell & retick, her body will fight off a virus but her body does not realize that the virus is gone & then it turns on its self. When Brook was hospitalized, she had to have 3 of those IVIG's, & was told she might have to have a blood transfusion but they could not find any compatible, her liver was also affected by the illness & we were afraid that she might have to have a liver transplant, but with Faith, Prayers & Meds, she was able to be stablized. She has been stable for 2yrs now & off meds for 6 months, & we took a trip back to Disney to celebrate her 5th birthday & good health.

All of the families here are in my prayers, God Bless!

I just love Barbara! She made our morning with Lucas so amazing!

I saw on Facebook last week that she received a "Legacy Award" - evidently that is a very high honor that is given to Disney employees that spread massive amounts of joy to the people around them. She really is a very, very special lady! I won't ever forget what she did for us on that magical morning with Lucas and his family!

We treat Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia in adults where I work (hematology/oncology) - but I don't know of any children on the DIS with it? Although there certainly could be! I am so glad she is doing well right now!

Hi! I'm Julie and I'm new on the board. My daughter Jenna was dx with leukemia (ALL) in August 2011. She's undergoing treatment until February 2014. I wrote a bit about her story in our PTR. She's such an amazing kid! We were going to wait until she was off treatment to let her make her Wish. But, she started begging us to take her to DW every day, so we decided that the time must be right.

Her doctor submitted the paperwork to MAW a few weeks ago and they moved fast. We had a meeting with her Wish Granters last Thursday and the next day they submitted her wish to go to Disney World. We are hoping to go in April, but know that it would be a pretty quick turn around and we're not sure how busy GKTW is that time of year. Hopefully we will hear back from MAW soon with dates! I can't wait to start planning our trip!

Check out our PTR . I look forward to getting to know everyone on the board!

Welcome to the Wish Trippers thread! I will link your TR on the first post! :)

We go inn April too! Sooo excited!

Hello! Are you guys going on a wish trip, too? :)

Ok, so finally got a few minutes to add some pictures.
DSC_0101_zpscd68d379.jpg

These are the shirts I made for pirate night. I may add some fireworks, since that was Carter's main wish. I also added some more pics on his PTR.

SO cute!!

Hi! I'm Julie and I'm new on the board. My daughter Jenna was dx with leukemia (ALL) in August 2011. She's undergoing treatment until February 2014. I wrote a bit about her story in our PTR. She's such an amazing kid! We were going to wait until she was off treatment to let her make her Wish. But, she started begging us to take her to DW every day, so we decided that the time must be right.

Her doctor submitted the paperwork to MAW a few weeks ago and they moved fast. We had a meeting with her Wish Granters last Thursday and the next day they submitted her wish to go to Disney World. We are hoping to go in April, but know that it would be a pretty quick turn around and we're not sure how busy GKTW is that time of year. Hopefully we will hear back from MAW soon with dates! I can't wait to start planning our trip!

Check out our PTR . I look forward to getting to know everyone on the board!

Welcome!! I hope you hear back soon with dates!

Jackie

Wow! It looks like there are a bunch of trips in the works! How exciting! We have been chilling. Prescott has recovered from the pnuemonia and is on a new antibiotic for GI issues. So, he is feeling pretty good. We are 83 days away from his trip!:cool1: He is looking forward to seeing the characters and riding the train. It is so neat to not only be part of a wish, but to see all the wonderful disney wishes being granted.:) So, let the planning continue, good planning wishes to all!

I just love Barbara! She made our morning with Lucas so amazing!

I saw on Facebook last week that she received a "Legacy Award" - evidently that is a very high honor that is given to Disney employees that spread massive amounts of joy to the people around them. She really is a very, very special lady! I won't ever forget what she did for us on that magical morning with Lucas and his family!

We treat Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia in adults where I work (hematology/oncology) - but I don't know of any children on the DIS with it? Although there certainly could be! I am so glad she is doing well right now!

Welcome to the Wish Trippers thread! I will link your TR on the first post! :)

Hello! Are you guys going on a wish trip, too? :)

The doctors told us that her particular illness is very rare.
She just had the last of her vaccines, the MMRV vaccine, she could not have any of them while she was on her meds. Her hematology doctor said everything would be okay, for her to have her shots & she can start Kindergarten this fall. I was thinking about splitting the shot in half but the doctor said it would be okay to give it to her in one & the booster 6 months from now. She has been thru so much, I wanted to cut back on the needles that she has to endure, blood work every 1-2 months now, was every week. I am so nervous & sick to my stomach, I am scared to death that it will set off her illness again, I have to have FAITH & BELIEVE that everything will be okay. Brook says FAITH, TRUST & PIXIE DUST, NO WORRIES-- BUT OF COURSE THE LION KING VERSION, (I do not know how to spell it--LOL!!)

I am going to write Disney a letter about all of the wonderful CM's that we met & the ones that was so helpful & good at doing thier jobs.

Prayers for everyone!!

Ok. Our wish is just disastrous. They said whoever stays with us has to travel with us. You would think they'd be happy to save money on a plane ticket. So now, our plan has changed. If we drive, they won't contribute to the cost of driving at all. Not sure what to do. Looks like we either need to pay gas for two of our vehicles to drive or we fly and pay for all of my moms tickets and such out of pocket. But, that can't happen either. Because of my medical issues, I can't stay in the village by myself with the kids. I just want to cry.

Talia gets discharged from the hospital today, just some tummy coating meds to take for two weeks, she's doing fine though. On to next week!

Ok. Our wish is just disastrous. They said whoever stays with us has to travel with us. You would think they'd be happy to save money on a plane ticket. So now, our plan has changed. If we drive, they won't contribute to the cost of driving at all. Not sure what to do. Looks like we either need to pay gas for two of our vehicles to drive or we fly and pay for all of my moms tickets and such out of pocket. But, that can't happen either. Because of my medical issues, I can't stay in the village by myself with the kids. I just want to cry.

im sorry things are not going good for your wish!! I really hope things start going your way soon!!

I am SO sorry that all of these MAW rules keep getting in the way of Ava's "true wish" being granted. Why won't they help with the cost for driving? Liability? I keep praying for pixie dust to spread through your lives and make everything work out. We are putting Ava's package in the mail on Wednesday (snow kept us home this weekend) with the hope that it will bring some happiness to her.

I'm sorry that this wish is turning out to be so stressful :worried:

Talia gets discharged from the hospital today, just some tummy coating meds to take for two weeks, she's doing fine though. On to next week!

Good to hear :)

Kktraylor said:

I want to cry for you, I hope things get better, and fast! I know I couldn't take Talia by myself.

So sorry about all the issues you are having. I truely hope and know everything will work out for you and your family. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter