MAJOR changes to Genie+!

I dont know what that number is. I’m saying I think that with less people having genie+ that the service operates way better and more in line with expectations. It’s oversold right now. It needs to be more exclusive. That’s why vip tours work well. Genie plus should have a tier between vip tours and the $15 option.
I agree with the bolded statement. If anything I would be totally fine with the Premier Pass that Disneyland Paris has that lets you do up to 12 of the most popular attractions for 90 euro (so about $96 USD) but have it priced accordingly in WDW.

There's not a theme park in America that costs as much to visit as Disney World. You can't simply compare everything straight up. There's a reason people love(d) coming here and a lot of it was the perks that you got because you paid so much. So much of that has been taken away.
Universal. Right in Orlando.
The most expensive theme parks in the US right now are Sea World and Busch Gardens. So that statement is just demonstrably false.

But this RIGHT HERE highlights the problem: it is people’s perception of Disney that is so skewed. It’s not the reality of what’s happen but how people view Disney and what they’re paying.

Luckily the experience described in that article is nothing like the experience I had. Got plenty of LLs every day and never had a problem working around ADRs. Genie+ was a great asset for us and not stressful.
I'm happy that Genie+ didn't interfere with your ADRs but unfortunately it has for many others, including myself. On one of my MK days last week I tried to buy a ILL for Mine Train at 2 pm, but then it moved to 3:30 and then by the time my payment went through it was at 5 pm, the exact same time as my dinner at Jungle Skipper. I had to get the CMs at the blue umbrellas to help me, which they did but they told me if there are no LLs available they are unable to do anything. If there had not been anything available I wouldn't been screwed regardless. My group even decided to skip an ADR on our HS day because we didn't want to deal with trying to fix any Genie+/ILLs.

Ticket price they aren't that much more then a lot of other parks. Universal has similar park ticket prices. Even Cedar Point costs $85 for a day ticket.

Where the price difference is, is in resort stays.
But that is part of the problem. It's not just about ticket prices. When people complain about these things its coming from being fed up about the full picture. About all the things that are increasing in price at Disney World while the perks are disappearing. A trip to disney world is one of the most expensive trips you can take. People are rightfully upset when prices increase and not just that things don't get better with the price increase but things are being taken away and getting worse. I'm perfectly fine with increasing prices. It happens everywhere with everything. What I'm not ok with and frankly nobody should be ok with is prices increasing but the quality of the product and service declining.

Ticket price they aren't that much more then a lot of other parks. Universal has similar park ticket prices. Even Cedar Point costs $85 for a day ticket.

Where the price difference is, is in resort stays.
Universal just dropped another ticket deal. Not sure they are the best comparison right now with Disney when it comes to ticket prices...

Their prior promo was 2 days get 2 days free (and that was this year), this most current one is a non-park to park 4-day for as low at $79 per person per day (valid until almost the end of March 2023).

Like it or not Universal loves to have ticket deals. Our tickets we used several weeks back were old tickets but they were a buy 2 days park to park get 1 day free.

But that is part of the problem. It's not just about ticket prices. When people complain about these things its coming from being fed up about the full picture. About all the things that are increasing in price at Disney World while the perks are disappearing. A trip to disney world is one of the most expensive trips you can take. People are rightfully upset when prices increase and not just that things don't get better with the price increase but things are being taken away and getting worse. I'm perfectly fine with increasing prices. It happens everywhere with everything. What I'm not ok with and frankly nobody should be ok with is prices increasing but the quality of the product and service declining.
No it’s not. You are comparing apples to oranges. You’re taking the totality of an entire Disney VACATION and comparing that to someone who makes a day trip to six flags.

A one week vacation to Tahiti costs more than Disney. That is apples to apples.

So

Just to clarify:

You booked lighting lanes for later in the day? How? I though you had no control over the times?

You're correct, you don't really have a lot of control over the times, however the more popular rides will tend to have later reservations times, so you can pick and choose that way.

Also the other trick is that if you are park hopping and you choose a ride that is not at your main, park, they will force you to book after 2 pm.

No it’s not. You are comparing apples to oranges. You’re taking the totality of an entire Disney VACATION and comparing that to someone who makes a day trip to six flags.

Ah but our trip to Hawaii was a fraction of the cost to Disney..and our honeymoon to St. Lucia (at an all-inclusive for 8/9 nights at Sandals) less than Disney.

But yeah pull out Tahiti where it's so far away most people can't even dream of getting there.

I didn't make a comparison like that at all. What I did say is that people are getting fed up with prices increasing and the product/service declining. Not sure where you got that comparison from.

Ah but our trip to Hawaii was a fraction of the cost to Disney..and our honeymoon to St. Lucia (at an all-inclusive for 9 nights at Sandals) less than Disney.

But yeah pull out Tahiti where it's so far away most people can't even dream of getting there.
I’m responding to the person saying Disney was one of the most expensive trips you can take. It’s just not. Anyone can go to Hawaii cheap. Especially if you live on the west coast.

You can simply not reply to me anymore if all you have to offer is snark.

I didn't make a comparison like that at all. What I did say is that people are getting fed up with prices increasing and the product/service declining. Not sure where you got that comparison from.
What you said was Disney is one of the most expensive trips you can take. It just isn’t true. Like any vacation it can be as much as or little as you want (within reason).

People stay offsite, order groceries etc. Comparing tickets to tickets is what we were talking about and you brought up an entire vacation.

I’m responding to the person saying Disney was one of the most expensive trips you can take. It’s just not. Anyone can go to Hawaii cheap. Especially if you live on the west coast.

You can simply not reply to me anymore if all you have to offer is snark.
Disney is one of the most expensive trips you can take. It's not on me that you took that as me saying it is literally the most expensive trip you can take.

Part of me thinks Disney should just go all in on the ILL and make every LL ILL. Then I think about it more and realize it would be carnage. Then I think about it even more and want to see them try it.
They did this in Disneyland Paris. Apparently some of the prices went down a little bit because not a lot of people were buying them. I think if WDW did this it would be an absolute disaster. Just bring back the ticket book while we're at it LOL

I'm happy that Genie+ didn't interfere with your ADRs but unfortunately it has for many others, including myself. On one of my MK days last week I tried to buy a ILL for Mine Train at 2 pm, but then it moved to 3:30 and then by the time my payment went through it was at 5 pm, the exact same time as my dinner at Jungle Skipper. I had to get the CMs at the blue umbrellas to help me, which they did but they told me if there are no LLs available they are unable to do anything. If there had not been anything available I wouldn't been screwed regardless. My group even decided to skip an ADR on our HS day because we didn't want to deal with trying to fix any Genie+/ILLs.
Yes, I know lots of people have had lots of negative experiences....but that doesn't change my positive experience. (ETA a post seemed to continue a string that I had partcipated in, so I responded.) It's a bummer that your HS day was negatively impacted- it's a hard park to deal with even without complications.

What you said was Disney is one of the most expensive trips you can take. It just isn’t true. Like any vacation it can be as much as or little as you want (within reason).

People stay offsite, order groceries etc. Comparing tickets to tickets is what we were talking about and you brought up an entire vacation.
I brought up the entire vacation because it is relevant to people being upset about products and services being taken away from all aspects of their trip while prices are going up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter