• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MainStreet Bakery/Starbucks

Donna3271

DIS Veteran
Hi All,
We will be at Disney next week for the Marathon. My husband and I BOTH inadvertently purchased $50 and $25 gift cards for Starbucks for our children's teachers/Class mothers/ aids, etc.. for Christmas. Needless to say, I have about $250 in gift cards left over!

I know they take them in Starbucks on Main Street, but is it just for coffee? Can we purchase other bakery non Starbucks items in there with the gift cards? It would be nice to be able to at least get some breakfast items.

TIA to ALL!!!

We ate breakfast at all the Starbucks locations in the parks last June. I also earned stars for all my purchases (food, drinks and merchandise) in WDW.
Yes, I also earned stars on all my Starbucks Disney purchases. I just couldn't use rewards.

And we actually ate lunch a couple times using cards. I found the Disney Starbucks to have much more substantial offerings than most other locations I've visited. A large nice sandwich and chips was $10.

I do earn rewards points at the World's Starbucks, but it's because I always transfer gift card balances to my established account and use that in order receive my points.

Yes, you can use the gift cards. You won't earn stars.

If they put those gift cards into their Starbucks rewards account they will earn stars. They even have the reader for the app.

I do earn rewards points at the World's Starbucks, but it's because I always transfer gift card balances to my established account and use that in order receive my points.

You could just add those cards into your account. We have about ten gcs on my rewards account. And each of us has the app with that one account on our phones.

If they put those gift cards into their Starbucks rewards account they will earn stars. They even have the reader for the app.

You could just add those cards into your account. We have about ten gcs on my rewards account. And each of us has the app with that one account on our phones.
Yep, that is also true. I prefer not to have a clutter of cards on my app, so I just transfer them all to the one. :thumbsup2

Quick question
Can I earn stars by purchasing Starbucks drinks etc on the ddp.? I plan on using snack credits for my drinks etc

And we actually ate lunch a couple times using cards. I found the Disney Starbucks to have much more substantial offerings than most other locations I've visited. A large nice sandwich and chips was $10.
Thank you for the sandwich reminder. We've been spoiled with the Disneyland restaurants and were struggling to find any decent options at MK. 36 more days...

Last edited:
Yes, you should still EARN stars, but you can only REDEEM star rewards in DSp (not in-park locations).

They should deduct stars for supporting Starbucks inside the magic kingdom.

Shame, Disney execs.. Shame!

I'm done. We now return to productive conversation.

The ham and cheese stuffed pretzel at Gaston's is EIGHT dollars, and when I cut it into normal (like 1" to 1.5" squares) bites to share, it totaled EIGHT bites. Couple that with a $3 Coke, and I agree with you.....shame, Disney, shame.

The ham and cheese stuffed pretzel at Gaston's is EIGHT dollars, and when I cut it into normal (like 1" to 1.5" squares) bites to share, it totaled EIGHT bites. Couple that with a $3 Coke, and I agree with you.....shame, Disney, shame.
I was referring to adding an outside chain to main street in general, but yes, some of the prices are a bit high. On the other hand, at B&C a double scoop is $6.00 but a shake is $5.50...?! Weird.

Nothing to do with (the shame that is) Starbucks on Main Street, but interesting nonetheless :)

Nestle is a far bigger company and has seriously shady practices in some parts of their organization. Starbucks is far better to provide the coffee than Nescafé!

Nestle is a far bigger company and has seriously shady practices in some parts of their organization. Starbucks is far better to provide the coffee than Nescafé!

Well yes, thankfully Nescafe stopped serving their hot water & mud concoction when they struck the deal with Joffreys (which is delicious, btw.) However, at least there wasn't a "Nescafe" branded establishment on main street.

Nevertheless, I'm sure this has been debated ad nauseum and I did not mean to hijack this thread. I will move on now.

Everyone, enjoy your shameful starbucks on main street ;) (or get Joffreys for half the price which is MUCH better!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter