Maingate Resort and Spa - LOVED IT!

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
Just wanted to report that we spent 11 nights at the Maingate Resort and Spa and loved it so much! I had checked Tripadvisor, and saw that it got mostly good reviews, but I was still kind of nervous because the prices was so good. Paid $430 for 11 nights! This place was spotless and the room was absolultey beautiful. The outside of the hotel isn't anything special looking, althogh the interior couryard with the pool is really, really lovely with tons of great little seating areas. The rooms, though, are updated, clean, comfy, and just overall spectacular. Nice furnishigs and extra touches like a Keurig and lots of storage space. Plush bedding and the most comfortable bed I've ever had in any hotel...including the much more expensive ones. It's also as close as you can get without being on Disney property. Five minutes to Animal Kingdom, 10 minutes to the Magic Kingdom. So easy to get back and forth. Felt totally safe there with just me and my DS11. Lots of easy parking. Absolutely no complains and highly, highly recomended.

That use to be the Holiday Inn Niki Bird years ago and then changed to Home Suite Home. It's good to see that it's made a comeback.

@GEM - My husband and I are trying to do a No Kids trip to Disney - and I was doing some research this past weekend and found a GREAT deal thru Jetblue for them. Thing is we will not be driving - so we'll be using their shuttle to the parks and back - did you use them? Were they good?

We didn't use them, so I have no idea. Sorry! I don't even remember ever seeing a shuttle outside or a schedule or anything. Honestly, I'd be very wary of staying anywhere off site without a car where I'd be dependent on a hotel shuttle to/from the parks. Most have very limited schedules or don't run early enough to make rope drop or only run to one park making it necessary to transfer from there by Disney bus, etc. But, as I said, I don't know any specifics about their shuttle service. In all other ways though, our experience there was wonderful and we won't hesitate to stay there again.

@GEM - My husband and I are trying to do a No Kids trip to Disney - and I was doing some research this past weekend and found a GREAT deal thru Jetblue for them. Thing is we will not be driving - so we'll be using their shuttle to the parks and back - did you use them? Were they good?

Renting a car would be your best bet other than that I wouldn't depend on their shuttle. It probably has a limited schedule. You could get a taxi to the closest park, probably DHS and then use Disney buses to get around to the other Disney parks.

We didn't use them, so I have no idea. Sorry! I don't even remember ever seeing a shuttle outside or a schedule or anything. Honestly, I'd be very wary of staying anywhere off site without a car where I'd be dependent on a hotel shuttle to/from the parks. Most have very limited schedules or don't run early enough to make rope drop or only run to one park making it necessary to transfer from there by Disney bus, etc. But, as I said, I don't know any specifics about their shuttle service. In all other ways though, our experience there was wonderful and we won't hesitate to stay there again.

Thanks - I actually gave them al call to see and even though they only go to EPCOT - then transfer to another park - they leave early enough for us. Rope drop is not a must for us - we've been plenty of times and have seen it enough times. Not to mention even with budgeting for cab fare - we will still be able to cut our cost by half by staying off property. This is really a budgeted trip - and I don't mind doing the shuttle since we will be kid free/stroller fre/diaper bag free lol!!

Renting a car would be your best bet other than that I wouldn't depend on their shuttle. It probably has a limited schedule. You could get a taxi to the closest park, probably DHS and then use Disney buses to get around to the other Disney parks.

Yeah - we're not drivers! Living in NYC - so used to mass transit, we really don't have a need for it.....except when we go on vacation and realize we don't drive! lol. Were total fine with the shuttles and the transferring...I mapped the hotel and it's super close to All Star Sports - so worse case we take a bus to that resort and get a cab from there! With no kids - we won't be in a rush to get back at night - and we can spend the whole day in the parks easily.

Thanks for all your help!!!!

we're driving down for 10 nights over april vacation. through sam's club, i can get a room at maingate for a total of 329 dollars. should i take that, or the tentative pop ressie that i have through a travel agent right now? it's a huge savings, but do the benefits of staying on-site outweigh the costs? we've only stayed on property one other time, and it was fine. as long as the rooms are at least equal to pop i'd be happy with that aspect. do you think since it's such a busy time that we would really benefit from the EMH?

Just wanted to report that we spent 11 nights at the Maingate Resort and Spa and loved it so much! I had checked Tripadvisor, and saw that it got mostly good reviews, but I was still kind of nervous because the prices was so good. Paid $430 for 11 nights! This place was spotless and the room was absolultey beautiful. The outside of the hotel isn't anything special looking, althogh the interior couryard with the pool is really, really lovely with tons of great little seating areas. The rooms, though, are updated, clean, comfy, and just overall spectacular. Nice furnishigs and extra touches like a Keurig and lots of storage space. Plush bedding and the most comfortable bed I've ever had in any hotel...including the much more expensive ones. It's also as close as you can get without being on Disney property. Five minutes to Animal Kingdom, 10 minutes to the Magic Kingdom. So easy to get back and forth. Felt totally safe there with just me and my DS11. Lots of easy parking. Absolutely no complains and highly, highly recomended.
We stayed there for 2 nights in Nov. and it was wonderful. I recently booked 10 nights for this Oct. I can't wait to visit again.

we're driving down for 10 nights over april vacation. through sam's club, i can get a room at maingate for a total of 329 dollars. should i take that, or the tentative pop ressie that i have through a travel agent right now? it's a huge savings, but do the benefits of staying on-site outweigh the costs? we've only stayed on property one other time, and it was fine. as long as the rooms are at least equal to pop i'd be happy with that aspect. do you think since it's such a busy time that we would really benefit from the EMH?

That is a great rate Hopeblouin. Where do you see that though as when I check MG resort/spa, I'm seeing much higher. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter