• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Main Street USA Bypass

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
I understand that as part of The Hub Redevelopment Project,Disney is finally going to "theme" the Main Street USA Bypass.:)

How "detailed" will this be?:)

are you sure you aren't confusing what they are doing in Disneyland with the MK. In Disneyland they are in the process of building a bypass area for thier main street because it is not as wide as the one in the MK and during parades and fireworks it gets pretty crowded and not very easy to get out of if you need to. They often open up backstage area for crowd flow whereas in the MK they don't do that as often unless it is extremely busy like during the Christmas parade taping or something like that.

The MK Hub redo is supposed to include access to two backstage routes from the Hub to Town Square, one on either side of Main Street. One is currently used in certain situations, the other I've never known to be open to guests. How much theming will be included in these routes is the OP's question and seems to me rather hard to answer until much closer to completion.

The MK Hub redo is supposed to include access to two backstage routes from the Hub to Town Square, one on either side of Main Street. One is currently used in certain situations, the other I've never known to be open to guests. How much theming will be included in these routes is the OP's question and seems to me rather hard to answer until much closer to completion.

The East side bypass is being worked on now and will be a street "themed" area. The West bypass (Casey / Crystal area) is used several times a year but recently, the last couple off weeks, has been opened on Saturday nights on a testing basis. Saturday nights this time of year have been very busy because of the party schedules. Currently no work or, AFAIK, no plans for theming for it.

Just used the bypass on the "street" side tonight. They DEFINITELY are working on stuff back there to make it look nicer. Lots of construction and you can see through the green mesh walls that they are making it themed.

We entered and exited the park that way on a VIP tour, and our guide said that they are in the process if painting the back of the buildings to look like brickwork, as part of the new route.

The East side bypass is being worked on now and will be a street "themed" area. The West bypass (Casey / Crystal area) is used several times a year but recently, the last couple off weeks, has been opened on Saturday nights on a testing basis. Saturday nights this time of year have been very busy because of the party schedules. Currently no work or, AFAIK, no plans for theming for it.

They used the Casey/Crystal area on Wednesday 10/29 for exit during the holographic show and wishes. Was thrilled to see it as an option, and excited that it will continue to be so.

They used the Casey/Crystal area on Wednesday 10/29 for exit during the holographic show and wishes. Was thrilled to see it as an option, and excited that it will continue to be so.

Wednesday was a "VERY late decision" to do the Park 2 (Casey / Crystal) bypass and was done because they had added an hour to park close and a 2nd parade. In-park count went up quite a bit in the early evening and they decided to test it with a certain level in-park count. Current plans are for Saturday only at this time but some circumstances "may" warrant other nights.

Primary reason right now is that the current construction walls at Plaza area (Casey's corner) were moved farther out into the walkways and are somewhat restricting the traffic flow from West to East in the Plaza. Those walls will be coming down soon so it remains to be seen how long they will use and staff the Park 2 bypass.

We were there Saturday Oct 25th and they used the bypass next to crystal palace after the 9pm parade-they actually had chairs set up in the bypass area to stay and watch the fireworks-it was really odd to see the backstage area but definitely alleviated the crowds-the bypass lets you put next to city hall in case anyone was wondering. I have a couple pics on my phone but don't know how to post them through the app lol

When we were there on Saturday and Wednesday they used a path behind the stores on the other side to let people out. It was between the Tomorrowland terrace and Plaza and came out between Tony's and the other shop there. It was great to avoid all the crowds on Main Street.

It's about time - I hope these are open more frequently when they're done. Last trip, we were stuck in Adventureland for hours because the rental company couldn't get the replacement ECV they were bringing through the clogged traffic on Main Street.

The same trip, I had gotten really sick (turned out to be pneumonia) during MVMCP and needed to get out of the park and back to bed in the hotel, and we literally COULD NOT get out because of parade crowds. The CM's we asked said there was nothing they could do unless I needed an ambulance. I just collapsed on the sidewalk and sat there crying until the parade was over.

We were there Saturday Oct 25th and they used the bypass next to crystal palace after the 9pm parade-they actually had chairs set up in the bypass area to stay and watch the fireworks-it was really odd to see the backstage area but definitely alleviated the crowds-the bypass lets you put next to city hall in case anyone was wondering. I have a couple pics on my phone but don't know how to post them through the app lol

I love that they had chairs set up to watch the fireworks!! That may be the answer to my problem when I take my 87yo mom the week after Christmas. Did they have the music piped into that section, too?

When my daughter & I went last month, we found a great place on the bridge to Tomorrowland to watch the Celebrate the Magic and Wishes, but we couldn't hear the soundtrack there:( I wish they would just pump out the sound track to the entire park because you can view Wishes from so many different places.

No unfortunately they didn't pipe the music in there-there weren't a ton of chairs either probably 30 or 40 at most-it was really random

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter