Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package- worth it?

Is the entertainment schedule out yet for the date(s) you're trying to book? Even though regular ADR's open at 60 days, the packages that are tied to shows or parades don't usually show up until the entertainment calendar is posted. That can be 30 days (or even less) out....

just looked! I think that is it.

thank you!

Trying to make reservations online for March and none are available.... anyone know anything about this?

I've been trying to make a reservation for March 26th, but it's only available as far as March 18th. I phoned the dining line and they confirmed that it isn't opened past the 18th yet, but to keep checking.

Trying to make reservations online for March and none are available.... anyone know anything about this?

I've been trying to make a reservation for March 26th, but it's only available as far as March 18th. I phoned the dining line and they confirmed that it isn't opened past the 18th yet, but to keep checking.

I'm trying to do the week before and have had the same results. I went and checked the entertainment schedule for that same time frame and it isn't listed either, so they'll fill in around the same time. I am checking daily, so if I see anything pop up, I'll report back :)

I'm trying to do the week before and have had the same results. I went and checked the entertainment schedule for that same time frame and it isn't listed either, so they'll fill in around the same time. I am checking daily, so if I see anything pop up, I'll report back :)

You all are awesome!!! I'll keep checking as well. Thank you for your help! <3

Dates are now showing, but times haven't been filled in for the packages yet. I'd guess in the next few days!

Thank you for posting! My dates are now there, but not times. I'll keep checking back. We'll be in the parks for 2 nights during spring break so I think Aladdins Oasis is a must do for us. We eat in the park anyway so its no additional cost really and a guaranteed viewing area will ease my anxiety!

Just returned Friday from Disneyland and did the Aladdin On-the-Go Dining twice while there. We found the viewing area to be excellent across from It's a Small World and it didn't take us hours of switching off (mommy and daddy) to stake out a place for the family. Both times we arrived to the waiting area around 6:15-6:30pm with a parade start time of 7pm. Both times we got front row viewing on the rails. Everyone below us was seated, so the view was unobstructed for our 6 year old and 1 1/2 year old. Had planned to only attend the parade once, but the experience was so fantastic that my 6 year old begged to go another night. For reference, we watched on a Monday and a Wednesday night so going during the weekend may have a very different viewing experience. If you can opt for a week night parade viewing, I think the reserved viewing area is a solid bet! Hope that helps! :)

OP -> We had the same experience as above poster on Thurs, Feb 2. Front viewing at the rope/rails with the people in front of us seated the entire time. Lasanga wasn't bad - just wished for a larger portion. I really liked the private QUIET eating area!

I've never thought the dining packages are worth it. What should be free, you're now paying up to $20+ more per person. Just find a spot an hour or so before the start and you'll be fine.

Yes, but for some people and situations it can be worth it. We had 2 full days at DL and two 4 hour days at DCA. We're from Canada and not likely to ever be back. So for my son and I, it was well worth the cost on my DGCs so we didn't have to wait an hour plus for good viewing, with the hassles of trying to keep our spots.

If we lived close and went often, then yes, I wouldn't pay either.

I just booked for March 26th with the app. You might want to check now!

Are you sure it was the for the MSEP package? My understanding is those can't be done on the app and when I go to the app they aren't listed. Nor are they available yet on the website. Did you do AO or BB? There are separate reservations for BB which have been available for a few weeks, but those aren't the package. If you were able to actually book a package, that's great!

ETA: The 26th is available on the website, but the week before isn't. Weird. So I retract my statement above! Although I still don't see them on the app; just BB. I'm happy you were able to get it!

...and as I was typing my last reply, my dates got filled in! So anybody else looking to book the second half of March, it all seems to be up!

I booked on the app, but I had to go through this path- things to do, entertainment, Main Street Electrical Parade and then the dining package. It is at BB and I do have the email confirmation with March 26th as the date. I was checking daily for that time frame and I was shocked to see it appear today, since I just got use to seeing nothing for the end of March.

I was just looking at BB for last week of March and times opened up while I was checking different days. It seems like it is hit or miss if the website will show all the options.

I just tried to AO. It shows the last week in March but when I try to make a ressie, no times available?
Anyone able to get AO 3/27-3/30?

I was able to book for March 26th. It looked like the rest of March was available too, but I didn't look closely.

Thanks everyone. I just tried to book online and very limited availability so I called. Got a late reservation and am going to keep checking to see if there are any cancellations for an earlier time. Fingers crossed!!

I booked on the app, but I had to go through this path- things to do, entertainment, Main Street Electrical Parade and then the dining package. It is at BB and I do have the email confirmation with March 26th as the date. I was checking daily for that time frame and I was shocked to see it appear today, since I just got use to seeing nothing for the end of March.
Interesting. When I try that, I get info about the parade but no mention of dining anywhere. On the website, every single date & time I try says not available. I may try to call but can't do it with DS around.

Thanks everyone. I just tried to book online and very limited availability so I called. Got a late reservation and am going to keep checking to see if there are any cancellations for an earlier time. Fingers crossed!!
What date were you looking?

So update - looked at my email confirmation and somehow along the way it reset to 2 people. Can't find anything for larger parties (6) during our time there. Hoping it just means they haven't loaded them in yet, but who knows.

So update - looked at my email confirmation and somehow along the way it reset to 2 people. Can't find anything for larger parties (6) during our time there. Hoping it just means they haven't loaded them in yet, but who knows.
That stinks. I think there is a glitch in website/app because every date I search has nothing. Nothing. But only for MSEP, other stuff available.

Writing this as we are waiting for parade to make way to Main Street :) TOTALLY WORTH IT. It is not exaggerated when people say spots are being camped 3-4 hours early. Now granted yesterday both the parade and fireworks were rained out so it may have influenced crowds at Disneyland today in addition to first weekend of AP days but no question the time saved is worth the price of admission for us.

Just a tip : IF it is rained out , they WILL allow you to attend the following day at the same time slot so keep your FP!! This is ONLY IF YOUR TIME IS CANCELLED BY PARK MANAGEMENT AND ANNOUNCED.
The Blue Bayou section is directly facing the train station and even with those attending that missed yesterday has sufficient room. HOWEVER, I'm always early and arrived at 7:30pm and about 50% of the curb was taken so arrive early just in case .

The meal was delicious and the new spicy shrimp appetizer was light enough but a good start. It's accompanied by a cornbread Madeline so good! The special themed dessert mousse shaped like the snail was so tasty and fluffy, it's unusual flavor but very good I recommend it !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter