Main shows on Fantasy being performed 2 days in a row

disnee9

Mouseketeer
I was reading navigators and I observed that Aladdin and Believe were both being performed on two consecutive days. Instead of new entertainment each night of the cruise, they were showing repeats on two nights. Anyone know why the change ??

Personally I look forward to seeing new show each night of the cruise.

Is it possible that their scheduled "extra" entertainers had some kind of issue and were unable to make the ship so they decided to go with the more popular shows a second time?

Is it possible that their scheduled "extra" entertainers had some kind of issue and were unable to make the ship so they decided to go with the more popular shows a second time?

No, it appears that the second performances took the place of both the welcome and farewell variety shows. And it was planned enough in advance to be listed as such on the first day navigators. I'm curious what happened, if there was some issue or problem. But if this is a test or something I would be very disappointed in this going forward.

We have a member of our cruise group currently on the Fantasy that spoke with the cruise director. This is a new "test" that they are doing. Supposedly it's to ease crowds at the shows and seat saving issues. I think it's a way for them to cut the budget and save money and not pay for more variety acts or shows. He posted a Navigator that lists the shows for two nights in a row. This has been going on for a few weeks now. Has nothing to do with entertainers not able to perform or anything like that. So much for a quiet night at the pool and aquaduck while people are at the evening shows...

No, it appears that the second performances took the place of both the welcome and farewell variety shows. And it was planned enough in advance to be listed as such on the first day navigators. I'm curious what happened, if there was some issue or problem. But if this is a test or something I would be very disappointed in this going forward.

We were on a cruise where they had to reprint the first-day Navigators due to itinerary changes due to Hurricane Sandy. Updating the Navigators wasn't the most difficult problem they dealt with that day.

I am very disappointed if this is true on our upcoming cruise!! Seeing the shows each night is something I really look forward to, and this basically gives me 2 nights with no shows (or going to see the same show I saw the night before).

I am very disappointed if this is true on our upcoming cruise!! Seeing the shows each night is something I really look forward to, and this basically gives me 2 nights with no shows (or going to see the same show I saw the night before).
I agree, not a good move, DCL,

We were on a cruise where they had to reprint the first-day Navigators due to itinerary changes due to Hurricane Sandy. Updating the Navigators wasn't the most difficult problem they dealt with that day.

Yes I'm well aware they can print quickly and often do if they miss a port due to weather or whatever. Halfway thru a day sometimes. My point was that this was clearly the plan for the whole cruise, not a "the juggler missed the ship in Cozumel" kind of thing.

Based on the above comments that this was a test, I hope they get lots of feedback. Seems like a takeaway from the guests to solve a problem that doesn't need to be solved. The shows are never so crowded that you can't get a seat as long as you show up 10-15 min early.

I can't imagine how empty the theater must be on some nights now, with twice the performances of these shows.

We were on the 9/29 sailing on the fantasy and it was a different show each night. No repeats. We had the normal Disney broadway type shows and a magician/hypnotist and a juggler.

I hope it does not work out....its a lot more work for the main stage performers as well lessening the amount of "variety" of the shows. Don't like the idea.

MJ

I think this is terrible. I hope they get enough feedback to stop the "test". Remember when they took away All Hands on Deck? Let's hope for a similar response :)

If the repeat shows really just replace the welcome and farewell show, then I honestly couldn't care less. After our very first DCL cruise years ago, we have never been back to either one of those. We found them both pretty lame, to be honest.

Now, if this extends to eliminating actual original shows (variety acts) and replacing them with a repeat of one of the musicals, then shame on DCL. Seriously. That's just cheap. Hopefully that's not the case.

Heard this from a friend that sailed recently. While I didn’t really enjoy the welcome and farewell shows, I’m sure there are some that enjoy all the shows. I know my parents last year enjoyed seeing them because it gave them something to do, it was relaxing after dinner. While they said they weren’t that great, they were still happy they went.

I hope DCL gets a lot of negative feedback on this. If they don’t want those specific shows for some reason, I hope they incorporate more variety shows, not just a repeat of the others.

I looked at the Navigator from the Fantasy 10/7. They still had 2 variety acts. Plus 2 nights with extra shows. I see this as a bonus.
I tried to post the Navigator but it won’t let me. It says file to large. Anyone else having trouble posting pictures?

I think it's an ok deal, we never go to the welcome home show and we try to get to the variety acts but we always seem too be busy... we make an honest attempt to get to the shows, we get to most but not all, it would be nice to have the additional flexible options of seeing the shows more than one day on the cruise.... I loved it when they offered Tangled matinee, it was so much less crowded and hustle and bustle than the evening show

I hope this doesn't lead to just removing variety acts all together, agree that it would be really cheap of DCL

I'd rather have a different entertainment each night than have them repeat 2 of their theater shows twice--even if it is a movie, at least it's something different. I can understand if it's a brand new show (Frozen/Tangled/Beauty and the Beast) that everyone wants to see, having it 2 days in a row, I might be okay with...but shows they've had for 5+ yrs?

We've only been on 1 cruise so far--but loved having dinner and then going to the theater for that evening's entertainment. I wouldn't want to go to the same thing twice and part of why I'm cruising Disney is for the entertainment...my 'value' level would decrease.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter