Magnetic Walls?

MPLsDad

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if the wall of the Magic are magnetic? I've read that most walls of cruise ships are, but I don't want to fuss packing magnets if they aren't. I know the doors are, so need to respond about that. THANKS!

They aren't. Or at least the walls weren't magnetic in the cabin that I had.

The ceilings are magnetic as that's how they attach the stateroom decorations if they are ordered. Doors, yes. Walls...not in any cabin I've ever had.

I could swear when we went to Alaska on the Wonder we were able to attach clip magnets to the walls near the desk to attach our personal navigators. Maybe it was the wall next to the verandah door?

I could swear when we went to Alaska on the Wonder we were able to attach clip magnets to the walls near the desk to attach our personal navigators. Maybe it was the wall next to the verandah door?

I know on RCCL when I had a 12-night I did that to keep all my days straight and the walls were magnetic.

I've never tried it on Disney, but I thought that most ship walls were because it's much more fireproof than regular hotel wall material.

I know on RCCL when I had a 12-night I did that to keep all my days straight and the walls were magnetic.

I've never tried it on Disney, but I thought that most ship walls were because it's much more fireproof than regular hotel wall material.

I thought so too after reading about it on here, but our Magic cabin walls weren't magnetic at all. We had a magnetic hook to hang our lanyards (well, ok, we never wear them, but it made for a convenient place to store our room key cards when we were resting) and had to use the bathroom door for it. No other wall in our room worked. I didn't try the ceiling since I can't reach up that high. ;)

I thought so too after reading about it on here, but our Magic cabin walls weren't magnetic at all. We had a magnetic hook to hang our lanyards (well, ok, we never wear them, but it made for a convenient place to store our room key cards when we were resting) and had to use the bathroom door for it. No other wall in our room worked. I didn't try the ceiling since I can't reach up that high. ;)

Interesting.

My family says they remember the navigators hanging from the wall as well...maybe I attached the magnet to the verandah door trim? At any rate I’ll be thoroughly checking it out when I’m on the Magic in 54 days! :dogdance:

My family says they remember the navigators hanging from the wall as well...maybe I attached the magnet to the verandah door trim? At any rate I’ll be thoroughly checking it out when I’m on the Magic in 54 days! :dogdance:
We have always had to attach the magnets we use for holding hangers while getting dressed to the door frame of the bathroom or the entry door. I suppose the verandah door frame would be similar. Having cruised on the Magic and Wonder 12 times, I can say with confidence that the walls of the staterooms we have been in are definitely NOT magnetic.

The ceilings are magnetic as that's how they attach the stateroom decorations if they are ordered. Doors, yes. Walls...not in any cabin I've ever had.

Just a note, we had decorations on the Fantasy one time and they were taped to the beam and ceiling. I was sad because trying to take them down they all ripped so I couldn't save them

Just a note, we had decorations on the Fantasy one time and they were taped to the beam and ceiling. I was sad because trying to take them down they all ripped so I couldn't save them

Wow! Disney decorations?? Disney is who says no tape is to be used!

We just use the back of the door to clip up our itinerary and lanyards. I use the Mickey magnetic clips I bought at the parks.

None of the surfaces in the cabins or making up the doors are magnetic; however, the doors are made of a metal that magnets are attracted to, as well as portions of the bulkheads (walls) and overheads (ceilings).
The difference is that if the these surfaces were magnetic, any metal attractable by a magnet would simply stick to them without the need for any additional aids.

None of the surfaces in the cabins or making up the doors are magnetic; however, the doors are made of a metal that magnets are attracted to, as well as portions of the bulkheads (walls) and overheads (ceilings).
The difference is that if the these surfaces were magnetic, any metal attractable by a magnet would simply stick to them without the need for any additional aids.

Do you know which areas in the cabin on Wonder are metal? I thought it would be easy to hang decorations with magnetic clips but now I'm worried.

If you have a cabin with an adjoining door, as a lot of the cabins are now, they are magnetic.Other than that, it would be the back of the entry door or door frames. The ceiling is magnetic and a hook magnet can suspend lots of hanging things. Additional note, there are so many coats of paint of the exterior of the entry doors that only strong magnets will hold when the door shuts. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally ventured to another cruise line with metal walled cabins. It made organization much easier. But with a little imagination, you should be able to utilize the magnetic surfaces available. I once saw an entire cabin draped in glitter fabric hanging from magnets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter