Magnetic hook damage?

TamaraH

Mouseketeer
So I have the shoe organizer that I'd like to hang up with magnetic hooks. I know many of you have done the same as I picked up the idea from here. Anyway, how strong of magnets are you all using? Obviously you want strong enough magnets to hold the organizer but not too strong that you have a hard time removing. Have you ever experienced it where the magnet was too strong and couldn't remove and/or caused scratches when removing from the wall/door? Mahalo nui!

I'm doubting a magnetic hook will be strong enough to hold the shoe organizer once you put all the stuff in it.

I'm doubting a magnetic hook will be strong enough to hold the shoe organizer once you put all the stuff in it.
Depending on what you are putting in the organizer, some of the super strong magnets would work just fine. I have an organizer on the back of my garage door that's held with a magnet and the magnet has worked where Command hooks have failed.

I've never used that type of magnet on the ship, only at home, but I think you should be able to remove the really strong magnets without damaging the walls.

I bring really strong magnets to put on the walls to hang various things. two or three of those would absolutely hold a shoe organizer.

Got these from Amazon.

8-Pack White Enamel Compact Strong Magnetic Hook Set, 1" Diameter, 1.5” Length (MHHH9X8): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

MJ
Awesome - thank you. So you've never had an issue with difficulty removing them from the walls? What about the bathroom door - have you ever used them there? I was just thinking about the organizer for toiletry stuff and was envisioning it on the door.

If I recall correctly, there is a hook on the bathroom door. You could just thread a string through the organizer and hang it that way.

The other thing I have seen people suggest is putting a layer of cloth or paper between the magnet and the wall to prevent scratches and make removal easier.

I couldn't find a picture that I took, but I circled the 3 hooks in this picture of a verandah room from the mouse for less. We strung some rope through our organizer and hung it from the hooks (instead of hanging it over the door). It worked very well.

Attachments

• Highlighted Hooks.jpg
    Highlighted Hooks.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 60

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter