MagicBands have arrived at Aulani

We were just there & the magic bands were not active yet but a CM did tell us they are coming "soon". You could also use your WDW magic bands at Aulani when it goes into effect.

We were just there & the magic bands were not active yet but a CM did tell us they are coming "soon". You could also use your WDW magic bands at Aulani when it goes into effect.
Hmm, when were you there? Worked great for us from Sept. 18 - Sept. 26.

When I asked CM told us they didn't work also, however they did. We met an 'off duty' 'tech' CM in the hot tub who explained all about it... I get the feeling the rank and file CMs haven't been told it's been turned on yet... some of the CMs seemed surprised when it worked... I just had to make sure my band was active in MDE.

When I asked CM told us they didn't work also, however they did. We met an 'off duty' 'tech' CM in the hot tub who explained all about it... I get the feeling the rank and file CMs haven't been told it's been turned on yet... some of the CMs seemed surprised when it worked... I just had to make sure my band was active in MDE.

I did not bring my WDW ones so I did not try to use them. The usage info was given to me by a CM so I took her word on it not being operational yet.

It's been kinda-sorta "turned on" for at least a year or two, but I think this is the first we've seen of actual Aulani-branded MagicBands.

Last edited:
Especially how water-focused the resort activities are. I'd love to be able to leave my wallet and my phone in the room and go to the pool with nothing but my flip flops.
We don't usually carry wallets there, you can just charge things to the room :) All you really need (without cute Stitch magic band) is the card to get into the room.

I used my WDW magic band to unlock the door to my unit today (9/29)
I hope they do work. I really dont want to be carrying around my wallet.
They do work. Haven't tried it yet for merchandise purchases though.

Just a follow up to my post above. I used my MB twice to make purchases in the shops today.
Do the stores at Aulani have the scanner pads to scan the band and enter your pin similar to WDW? We arrive at Aulani next weekend and would love to use bands if they really are this functional.

Do the stores at Aulani have the scanner pads to scan the band and enter your pin similar to WDW? We arrive at Aulani next weekend and would love to use bands if they really are this functional.
Yes they do. The MB acts no differently than your plastic room key.
Were the CMs confused?
Never gave them the chance. When they asked if it was room charge I just said yes and tapped the MB instead of my room key.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter