Magical Express worked great for me!

Blueeyes101817

DIS Veteran
just got back and everything went great---just figured with alot of people having bad experiences with it, i would post about a good one

1. Did you get on a bus right away?

2. How long until you got to the resort and which one?

3. How long until you had your bags? Were any "misplaced" at all?

Looking forward to your answers and thanks!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

That's great news!!! I'm glad you had a positive "Magical Express" experience. We leave June 4th and I can't wait to get our luggage tags so our trip will seem really "official".

Carla

luvdisney999 said:

I'm not the OP, but I used DME for my May 8 - 14 trip, so I'll tell you my experiences:

No, but it wasn't much of a wait. I timed everything and wrote it down. Got in line 9:37 a.m. at DME counter, done at 9:42 a.m. Waited in bus line 9:44 a.m., got on bus at 9:54 a.m. (bound for Caribbean Beach Resort, All Star Sports, and Animal Kingdom Lodge). Sat on idling, air conditioned, comfy (plush upholstery) bus until 10:02 a.m., when we pulled out. From getting into first line to leaving airport was 25 minutes total. I'm sure just waiting for baggage claim would've taken at least that long.

CBR was the first stop, we got there at 10:30 a.m., a 28 minute ride.

I waited in a long check in line at CBR, until 10:58 a.m. (I was among the first off my bus, so it's not like the line was caused by my bus). My room was ready. My bags were delivered to my room at around 2:30 p.m., three-and-a-half hours until my luggage arrived. I really didn't care, because whenever I fly ANYWHERE I take 24 hours' worth of clothes and other needs in my carry-on just in case the airline temporarily loses my luggage. When the luggage "magically appeared" inside my room, I was at the pool with my kids enjoying my vacation. All luggage was accounted for, six checked pieces in all (4 for my family, 2 for my in-laws).

-- Eric :earsboy:

Nice, Eric. Thanks for the update. I'm leaving on 5/29 and am looking forward to trying the new system!

it wasnt to omuch of a wait at the airport--i would say 10-15 minutes....we went straight to POP on the bus....We left our room at 2 but didnt get back till 1130--the bags were there...
not one thing bad to say about this at all!

I am leaving this Saturday. It will just be my DD and myself and we will only have carry-on bags (no checked luggage). Where do I go to get the bus? Do I take the shuttle to the main terminal?

Am wondering how your return-to-the-airport experience was.

1. How was your luggage handled at the resort on your day of departure? [Our flight out isn't till late in the afternoon, so we'll be checking our luggage with Bell Services (?) and enjoying a park till it's time to go.]

2. How far in advance of your check-in time/flight time did you take the bus back to MCO?

3. Presumably none of your luggage was missing when you arrived at your home airport ... ?

Thanks for the information. I'm hoping any kinks will be worked out by the time we go in September, but I guess it pays to be prepared! :)

my flight wasnt until 435, so we checked our luggage with bell services while we went to downtown disney....The night before we left, we got an envolope on the door that said what our pickup time was--said the bus was going to be there at 140..
about 125 we got our luggage and waited for the bus--it was maybe 10 minutes late, but no big deal as they came out to tell us it was running a little late..
the luggage goes on the bus, and you take it when you get back to the airport

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter