Magical Express and Animal Kingdom Lodge

krosmith

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the average time to get from the airport to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Trying to decide whether to spring for the Minnie Vans.

A lot of it depends on how long you have to wait for a bus (usually at most 20 minutes) and if AKL is the first stop (usually the buses go to multiple resorts). If you're the first stop - I think it usually takes around 35 minutes. That being said - when we stayed at AKL and took DME it took us closer to an hour because we weren't the first stop.

I would say at most it would be 75-90 minutes.

It usually takes us about 90 minutes to get from MCO to our resort via DME. I plan on 2 hours to be safe. You could get lucky and get there in about an hour, or (as has happened to us) you could still be at MCO waiting for the bus to fill up.

Every time I’ve taken DME to AKL it’s been the last stop. Usually the AKL DME bus stops at some combination of POP, AOA, the all star resorts, CSR, and CBR. One particularly memorable ride stopped at all of them, but usually it’s 2 or 3 stops then AKL last, sometimes Jambo first other times Kidani first once the bus arrives at AKL. Others have reported being first stop for AKL, but I’ve never been that lucky.
I enjoy the convenience of just strolling down to DME without having to wait at the baggage carousel for my luggage & then manouvering a hefty suitcase & carryon out of the airport to catch transportation, so I’m ok watching the scenery & the video for the 90 or so minutes it usually takes to get from MCO to AKL.

Last edited:

Expect 90 minutes but it will probably be less. Can't see popping for $150 Minnie Van to save 30 minutes but to each...

If you are arriving for the Thanksgiving or Xmas holidays , Just told my daughter Take Magic Express I love you but not enough to battle airport traffic during the holidays. I would even choose ME over Minnie Van for holiday airport traffic.
So when are you asking about travel choice?

I plan 90 minutes from wheels down to resort. So far it has been about right, with one outlier going closer to 2 hours, but the line to DME was outrageous that day.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the average time to get from the airport to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Trying to decide whether to spring for the Minnie Vans.
90 min is avg to every resort. Some trips more, some less. But 90 is avg.

If you are arriving for the Thanksgiving or Xmas holidays , Just told my daughter Take Magic Express I love you but not enough to battle airport traffic during the holidays. I would even choose ME over Minnie Van for holiday airport traffic.
So when are you asking about travel choice?
Curious but how do ME make trips in traffic better? I mean, I get not wanting to drive and all that but if you are only riding, in Minnie Van, Ride Share or ME bus why choose ME bus first? Wondering what I'm missing. Buses don't get magical routes, despite being called Magical Express, LOL They are in the same old traffic as any other vehicle.

OP, you could also take a ride share taxi. Minnie Van isn't the only other choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter