Magical EBTA 2017

I'm still showing GTY (11c). And yes, I looked as soon as I saw the post::yes::.

Welcome aboard! :)

To join the FE Exchange, please send me (Deb T.) a “Conversation” with the following information:
*Your Cabin Number
*Names of everyone in your cabin
*Any allergy considerations
*The size of the FE group you want to be in: “No more than 10,” “No more than 20,” or “Sky’s the Limit.”

Thanks!
Welcome aboard! :)

To join the FE Exchange, please send me (Deb T.) a “Conversation” with the following information:
*Your Cabin Number
*Names of everyone in your cabin
*Any allergy considerations
*The size of the FE group you want to be in: “No more than 10,” “No more than 20,” or “Sky’s the Limit.”

Thanks!

Hi DebT! I'm trying to send a conversation but I keep getting a notification that "this user limits who can contact them"

Hi DebT! I'm trying to send a conversation but I keep getting a notification that "this user limits who can contact them"

Since you are new to DIS we had the same problem but you need over 10 messages to send private messages. Hope that is the case, or I don't know what else would be the problem.

Hi, my family is on this cruise with everyone. We are myself, my DH, and my DD who is 10. This will be our 12th Disney cruise and 4th EBTA cruise. We love the long cruises. I haven't read through all of the previous posts yet, but we would like to join the FE. Also my daughter is kind of shy and loves to meet other girls her age before we cruise (this makes it easier for her to go to the kids club), so if there are any other girls her age who would like to penpal or FaceTime, or Skype, she would love that. She is ten and in 4th grade.

Thanks and can't wait to meet everyone.

My daughter just turned 12 years old and is in 6th grade, she loves meeting people around the world. I think it would be much fun if they got to know each other before the cruise. She can get along with anyone especially if shes on vacation.

Updating interest list in local Candy/Snack exchange

Kerpe
Mommatothebear
SwingDancingAnn
Pawdoc
KJET54
Expedition EverestI
Poookie
Deb T
scottrob
bobbiwoz
tmullem93
cali cruiser
Maple Det
Shawnadb
Tinked
ndloewen

Still opened for participants. April first I will ask for information like cabin numbers, how many adults, children in each cabin and if there are any allergies.

Someone posted this on the FB group for this cruise. I thought that I would pass on this info in case someone isn't on that group.

"Just got the dates for the nights on our cruise from concierge services:

May 14 - Formal Night
May 18 - Pirate Night
May 22 - Semi Formal Night
May 26 - Formal Night

I asked for all themed nights and they didn't include Frozen night. I asked them if there would be a Frozen night and am waiting to hear back.

***Update - There will be a Frozen night, the last night on board. It will only include the Frozen menu in the dining rooms. No decl party and no other Frozen related activities."

Last edited:
There is a "testing" forumon this group. Just post 10 gibberish posts on a thread on there (or start a new thread for that forum) to get your post count up to 10. Then you can message people. :)

Since you are new to DIS we had the same problem but you need over 10 messages to send private messages. Hope that is the case, or I don't know what else would be the problem.

There is a "testing" forumon this group. Just post 10 gibberish posts on a thread on there (or start a new thread for that forum) to get your post count up to 10. Then you can message people. :)

Seems that after 10 posts, I still can't message :/

Hi Joseph Bennett, and welcome aboard! I double-checked my settings, and there is nothing in place to reject your "conversations." I know that the DISBoards sets restrictions to protect the site from solicitations and spam. Sometimes, it takes a little bit longer than 10 posts to accept a new user. Hang in there, you should be able to post, soon. I would suggest making a couple more posts that have some true content in them, such as introducing yourself/family to our cruise group: Is this your first Disney cruise? What are you most looking forward to on the TA? In the meantime, I will send you a "conversation" to see if you're able to "reply" to it. :)

Let's talk about weather! :) What can the conditions expect to be as we cross the Atlantic? I am a chronic over packer, which isn't too much of an issue since we drive to the port, but I want to be pretty minimal as I don't want to be dragging lots of extra stuff around Europe after the cruise.

I am going all-out minimal this time and bringing just a carry-on and a portable bag just in case I do get a few things. I have a packable all weather jacket (reversible in case I get sick of the one color, it's good up to -5 F), one hoody, one formal dress, flats, sandals, one all weather pant, one portable raincoat and only enough other clothes for 7 days max (tees, couple of pants, one pair shorts). I don't mind doing laundry. If I can't fit it all when I leave in the carryon, it won't be going. I also bring some bath products that usually take up quite a bit of space, so once they are used up, I have a little more room. I realized after my last trip that I don't need much more than that. I want to be as mobile as possible since I'm travelling by myself. I use space bags to help with the packing. I find that I don't need anything bulky - layering seems to work. I had traveled to Europe in May before and although the weather was nice, I only wore shorts a few times - mostly on the ship, so cotton or linen summer pants seemed to be the best. I also have these ever so comfortable water resistant runners that I wear while traveling.

I am going all-out minimal this time and bringing just a carry-on and a portable bag just in case I do get a few things. I have a packable all weather jacket (reversible in case I get sick of the one color, it's good up to -5 F), one hoody, one formal dress, flats, sandals, one all weather pant, one portable raincoat and only enough other clothes for 7 days max (tees, couple of pants, one pair shorts). I don't mind doing laundry. If I can't fit it all when I leave in the carryon, it won't be going. I also bring some bath products that usually take up quite a bit of space, so once they are used up, I have a little more room. I realized after my last trip that I don't need much more than that. I want to be as mobile as possible since I'm travelling by myself. I use space bags to help with the packing. I find that I don't need anything bulky - layering seems to work. I had traveled to Europe in May before and although the weather was nice, I only wore shorts a few times - mostly on the ship, so cotton or linen summer pants seemed to be the best. I also have these ever so comfortable water resistant runners that I wear while traveling.
Wow! Cruising with just a carry-on, good for you!

My husband and I will be sailing on 2017 EB Transatlantic. Even with the stormy weather last year, we loved last year's crossing. Our daughter lives in Italy, so we decided to try the crossing as a means of transportation to visit her. It was wonderful not having to deal with jet lag, so we are crossing again and staying onboard for the Northern European cruise. Hope to meet many of you in May!
Hi, CapeMayCruiser....we live in Ohio now, but have a home on Wisconsin Ave in Cape May that Will be our permanent home as soon as our Ohio house sells!
We could meet in Cape May if that's where you are!
Bobbi

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter