• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom Tours - Haunted Mansion question

MeganG18

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

Quite a specific query here, but can anyone advise on if the Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour or the Keys to the Kingdom Tour has more haunted mansion related content?

I've read about both online, and seems like the Marceline to MK one might spend more time at Haunted Mansion than Keys to the Kingdom, but wondered if anyone who has done both can advise?

I know nothing is guaranteed, but for context - this is for a special birthday for my husband and his favourite attraction is Haunted Mansion. We're coming over from the UK and I want to surprise him with a tour that gives him some behind the scenes info on his favourite ride.

Thanks in advance,
Megan

Word of advice as to expectations, when we did the Keys tour several interesting tidbits were provided, but the ride itself was down and it was bypassed with no substitution.

Word of advice as to expectations, when we did the Keys tour several interesting tidbits were provided, but the ride itself was down and it was bypassed with no substitution.

Thank you. I know everything is not guaranteed and subject to change, but I think he’d enjoy the rest of the tour anyway even if we didn’t get to do that part. Just wanted to check what my best option was. It’s a shame they didn’t replace that with something else on your tour :(

Enjoy. I would do it again. In fact, going to buy it for my adult kids when they go in 2021 (hopefully still offered).

Marceline gives the most Haunted Mansion time, views, and information. It is the tour that goes backstage and underneath the ride while in operation. Keys gives the ride if available and history/fun facts.

Marceline gives the most Haunted Mansion time, views, and information. It is the tour that goes backstage and underneath the ride while in operation. Keys gives the ride if available and history/fun facts.

Thank you. Marceline it is then.

Just for a little different perspective.... HM is also my favorite attraction. I’m confident I know how most of the “magic” is achieved. That said, I have no desire to see that particular curtain lifted. Ignorance is bliss.

I'm a huge HM fan and I thought that the Marceline tour was more HM-centric. I really enjoyed the behind the scenes look and the ride through with the guide. You learn so much about this attraction, it's awesome!

When I did the Keys tour HM broke down while we were on it - sitting right at the ballroom scene. Our tour guide had spent quite a bit of time working HM so we got lots of extra tidbits from him. It was one of the best things I've ever done while at WDW, but I know that it was a totally random treat. I had no idea Marceline did more behind the scenes HM stuff, might have to take it next time I'm there.

Last edited:
We are doing the Marceline tour in December and the Haunted Mansion is one of our favorites. What other attractions are usually on this tour?

We did the Marceline tour this past May and we got to go backstage into the Haunted Mansion and then ride the attraction with the tour guide narrating the ride through our ear piece. Usually she said you go on the ride first and then you go backstage but she said they were having some technical difficulties with the ride so we went backstage first and got to see how the ballroom scene works. It was so worth the cost to do that tour and if you're an AP holder don't forget to get your 15% discount. Highly recommend the the Marceline to Magic tour it was worth the price just for the Haunted Mansion backstage experience alone IMO.

Definitely Marceline. When I did keys we just had a quick speech outside HM then we rode the ride. That was it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter